Banned for being AFK?

zxappyy

8 minutes ago, Magozz said:

Worst comparison ever. You just said bypassing the AFK using in game ways are not bannable, where's the information regarding this, just show me one post.

Like I said you can easily skim, through the forums and see people everyday getting this same ban. Here's a pic from dojo to show you a mod saying it is bannable. 

0feffe069e.png

Now where's yours proving otherwise. They don't need to warn you that this is bannable. You should have common sense and know obviously there is a queue and if you are knowingly exploiting the system to try to stay in the game by exploiting ways to be AFK there will be consequences when caught.

Yaviey doesnt say its bannable. the person asked, but there is no answer to if its bannable. o your proof is invalid.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I'm done with your logic. So people should be allowed to dance emote for hours upon hours to BYPASS THE AFK KICKER and not be banned when they get caught, okay Rey. Next time you go to sleep go afk dance near Faction dailies please.

Dancing is not what got you banned. I was being helpful earlier but now looking at posts made after I stepped away from my computer I'm just laughing. By passing the AFK timer by dancing for 2 hours got you banned it's likely someone saw you went about their business came back and saw you still there dancing and reported you. I danced yesterday for a few minutes because my five year asked me too but I am not going to set my toon to dance and then go AFK for 2 hours that's just dumb. If I go AFK for a period of time I log out. If I decide not to log out I find myself kicked no big deal. 

2 minutes ago, ghost010 said:

Yaviey doesnt say its bannable. the person asked, but there is no answer to if its bannable. o your proof is invalid.

it is not invalid at all, they are saying the account will be looked into and banned if they see a reason for it i.e walking into walls for 3 hours or dancing in the same spot for 3 hours.

3 minutes ago, ghost010 said:

So you don't see the Yes. Followed by the we'll look at the activity. If it was not a bannable offense what would be the point in looking into it.

Is this thread not enough that avoiding AFK kicker is bannable. I don't know the common sense of some of you, but y'all can keep going back and forth about it.

18 minutes ago, Starbo said:

Been kicked many times where I'm tired and go to lie down on my bed and end up taking a short power nap. Finding a loophole in a system isn't an offense, but using illegal third party software to do that is. If I'm correct using a feature the game provides isn't cheating, despite the result is something they do not want you to do.

Exactly, so i believe, here's how did the banning happen. A player saw me dancing and thought i'm using a third party to bypass the AFK Kicker. So i got banned. So here's the conclusion.. You can't get banned even using a 3rd Party to bypass the AFK Kicker unless  a player reported you. Right?

9 minutes ago, Rugba said:

it is not invalid at all, they are saying the account will be looked into and banned if they see a reason for it i.e walking into walls for 3 hours or dancing in the same spot for 3 hours.

Only other one with common sense currently in here. And this @Rey guy is trying to disprove my evidence of it being bannable yet he has yet to provide any moderator info on sitting afk dancing/running for hours not being bannable. These guys are funny.

12 minutes ago, Magozz said:

So you don't see the Yes. Followed by the we'll look at the activity. If it was not a bannable offense what would be the point in looking into it.

Is this thread not enough that avoiding AFK kicker is bannable. I don't know the common sense of some of you, but y'all can keep going back and forth about it.

Maybe you need a lesson in language? "Yes,(a comma) please report them and we'll take a look at their activity." refers to the first question asked saying its OK to report people. She does not say nor refer to it being bannable.

12 minutes ago, Rugba said:

They are not saying its bannable. There isnt even a word "banning","Bannable" in her reply. All she says is that you are/sould report those people so they can look into the account for suspicious behavior.  And they will act accordingly.

With that said, things like that should not even circumvent AFK kick.

12 minutes ago, Magozz said:

Okay, I'm done with your logic. So people should be allowed to dance emote for hours upon hours to BYPASS THE AFK KICKER and not be banned when they get caught, okay Rey. Next time you go to sleep go afk dance near Faction dailies please.

Enough with your logics lol! hahahah  You will not get e banned unless someone reported you. . hahahahaha Dancing must not bypass the AFK Kicker (or will). If Dancing bypass the AFK then it's the game feature's problem not the player's problem. But it's my fault because i let other players have a chance to report me. So here's the thing, what if i saw a player dancing. Then i reported it. So i got banned? And FYI i got Disconnected to the game for AFKing 15 or less minutes. But why right now, i didn't work? 

Maybe you need a lesson in language? "Yes,(a comma) please report them and we'll take a look at their activity." refers to the first question asked saying its OK to report people. She does not say nor refer to it being bannable.

They are not saying its bannable. There isnt even a word "banning","Bannable" in her reply. All she says is that you are/sould report those people so they can look into the account for suspicious behavior.  And they will act accordingly.

No you need a lesson in language and context. The yes could or couldn't be implied for both questions but the "we'll look into their activities' clearly implies that it is bannable.

2 minutes ago, Magozz said:

Only other one with common sense currently in here. And this @Rey guy is trying to disprove my evidence of it being bannable yet he has yet to provide any moderator info on sitting afk dancing/running not being bannable. These guys are funny.

No reason for me to answer or give you any proof. What i did, instead of your picture that proves nothing and to run in circle with someone like you who clearly has no understanding of common sense. I contacted bladeandsoul and now waiting for an answer. If dancing is bannable or not.

What you gave me didn't even answer anything to "dancing" it answered to "afk botting". This is why she even said "we will look in to it" , see if its true or not that the account was really botting.

1 minute ago, ghost010 said:

nobody said the word ban is in there, "act accordingly" you think they will send an angry email? obviously it means a ban if the reason is valid, that is exactly the same thing I said.

16 minutes ago, TalonShina said:

Dancing is not what got you banned. I was being helpful earlier but now looking at posts made after I stepped away from my computer I'm just laughing. By passing the AFK timer by dancing for 2 hours got you banned it's likely someone saw you went about their business came back and saw you still there dancing and reported you. I danced yesterday for a few minutes because my five year asked me too but I am not going to set my toon to dance and then go AFK for 2 hours that's just dumb. If I go AFK for a period of time I log out. If I decide not to log out I find myself kicked no big deal. 

Yeah that's what i'm talking about, I'm not sure the dancing took 2 hours . because i know that it will kick me for less than an hour. I just tell here that i came back on my laptop after 2 hours. So someone reported me cause thought that im using a 3rd party to bypasss the afk timer. And hell no!!! i know the game will kick me even i'm dancing or what. 

1 minute ago, Magozz said:

No you need a lesson in language and context. The yes could or couldn't be implied for both questions but the "we'll look into their activities' clearly implies that it is bannable.

Are you stupid? It does not, stop twisting things your way. In court you would have been laughed at.

Just now, Rugba said:

nobody said the word ban is in there, "act accordingly" you think they will send an angry email? obviously it means a ban if the reason is valid, that is exactly the same thing I said.

Yes, if they got a reason to ban him, they will. I didn't say that they will never ban. But if there is no reason to ban, they wont. they first have to look into it. Just being AFK would not equal a ban, doing suspicious stuf equals a ban. 

That does not make  the reply equal to AFK dancing/wall face planting = ban.

1 minute ago, zxappyy said:

Enough with your logics lol! hahahah  You will not get e banned unless someone reported you. . hahahahaha Dancing must not bypass the AFK Kicker (or will). If Dancing bypass the AFK then it's the game feature's problem not the player's problem. But it's my fault because i let other players have a chance to report me. So here's the thing, what if i saw a player dancing. Then i reported it. So i got banned? And FYI i got Disconnected to the game for AFKing 15 or less minutes. But why right now, i didn't work? 

I never said dancing will get you banned. I said avoiding the AFK kicker will. And obviously it did since you made this thread. Yes, players seen YOU AFK BOTTING BY DANCING AFK FOR 2 OR MORE HOURS and they reported you and you got banned when a mod looked into it. And its obviously your problem  since you are posting threads about it complaining. You reporting one player for randomly dancing IF THEY ARE NOT AFK is not gonna get them banned. How old are you? You don't seem to get it.

4 minutes ago, Rey said:

No reason for me to answer or give you any proof. What i did, instead of your picture that proves nothing and to run in circle with someone like you who clearly has no understanding of common sense. I contacted bladeandsoul and now waiting for an answer. If dancing is bannable or not.

What you gave me didn't even answer anything to "dancing" it answered to "afk botting". This is why she even said "we will look in to it" , see if its true or not that the account was really botting.

There's no reason cause you have no proof, pretty simple to come to that conclusion. You contacted them asking was dancing bannable or not or did you contacting them saying if DANCING FOR HOURS to avoid getting AFK kicked is bannable? 2 completely different questions. And I'm pretty sure you know it but since you wanna be right in a discussion you're clearly wrong in wait on that response. 

2 minutes ago, Magozz said:

I never said dancing will get you banned. I said avoiding the AFK kicker will. And obviously it did since you made this thread. Yes, players seen YOU AFK BOTTING BY DANCING AFK FOR 2 OR MORE HOURS and they reported you and you got banned when a mod looked into it. And its obviously your problem  since you are posting threads about it complaining. You reporting one player for randomly dancing IF THEY ARE NOT AFK is not gonna get them banned. How old are you? You don't seem to get it.

But is it his fault that Dancing circumvents AFK kick? If they implemented a proper AFK kick, than he would just have been kicked and not banned. So who here is to blame?

Ok then.  What if your dancing for 30 minutes and not AFK?  What if you're waiting for spouse, friends, or clanmates to log in, and/or you're chatting in the faction channel while you wait?  Is that a bannable offense?  Because there is no way in the world that a GM or other company employee is going to know whether or not you are actually sitting at the keyboard. 

Just now, Zeven2014 said:

Ok then.  What if your dancing for 30 minutes and not AFK?  What if you're waiting for spouse, friends, or clanmates to log in, and/or you're chatting in the faction channel while you wait?  Is that a bannable offense?  Because there is no way in the world that a GM or other company employee is going to know whether or not you are actually sitting at the keyboard. 

going out on limb here 

1. you are dancing for 30 minutes while waiting for something but in that period you are also chatting in faction, clan, region

2. Person B runs by reports you for Botting 

3. NCsoft looks into it sees you were dancing for 30 minutes but also doing other in game things I.E chatting 

4. You keep your account 

The afk kicker doesnt work or at least it doesnt on premium maybe idk.

What i do know is i regularly get up and do things while being afk in town and come back, ive never been kicked and been gone a damn long time sometimes, not intentionally, but you know, life.

4 minutes ago, ghost010 said:

But is it his fault that Dancing circumvents AFK kick? If they implemented a proper AFK kick, than he would just have been kicked and not banned. So who here is to blame?

Both are to blame. I'm sure a dancing AFK kick will be put in later(maybe this maintenance). Its common sense to log off when you know you are leaving the game for hours, if you decide not to and do something that leaves you open to being banned for bypassing AFK thats on you. And by the OP's replies that they went to a high mountain and then started dancing I'm pretty sure they already knew dancing kept you from being kicked. OP just wasn't expecting anyone to be able to see them and report.

Are you stupid? It does not, stop twisting things your way. In court you would have been laughed at.

Yes, if they got a reason to ban him, they will. I didn't say that they will never ban. But if there is no reason to ban, they wont. they first have to look into it. Just being AFK would not equal a ban, doing suspicious stuf equals a ban. 

That does not make  the reply equal to AFK dancing/wall face planting = ban.

it doesn't imply it but it is still common sense, if someone is afk dancing/wall running for 3 hours and gets reported then he will most likely get banned, if someone does the same but only for 20 mins obviously it wouldn't make sense to ban that person, the person reporting doesn't know if it is 3 hours or 3 mins, it is all based on the circumstance and it is up to the GM to check how long this character has been afk dancing for.

I agree it shouldn't circumvent the afk kicker, but that doesn't change the fact that people shouldn't stay in game if they know they will afk for hours doing nothing at all in-game.

Archived