I don't think the lvl restriction for chatting will stop bots

BestCatGirl

On 1/27/2016 at 7:41 AM, Boctoona said:

If you want to destroy the bots, you either have to start selling the gold in the ingame store for a fraction of the price they sell at, make it so it's unprofitable for them to farm and sell gold.

Or make it so they can no longer trade that gold between players,  but that is silly, 

This spam bullshit exists because people are buying this stuff, the best thing for everyone is if ncsoft just sold all this stuff themselves, people are GOING to buy gold and so on, it might as well be through the owners of the game without the spam rather then ruining the chat for everyone else. 

I've mentioned this in another thread but Wildstar has CREDD and EVE have PLEX.  But gold spammers still exist in those games.  One of my theories is that a lot of these gold seller sites arent just into selling gold.  They are probably also into things like identity theft and credit card fraud.  In which cause advertising their gold site even though PLEX and CREDD exists is just them trying to phish for useful info (which is why gold sellers will undercut by a lot on their gold to irl money ration when compared to the PLEX/CREDD gold to irl money ratio.  They will take a loss in their gold selling profits if it means they have a chance at getting even more valuable info like your credit card info.

...but like i said thats just a paranoid theory of mine.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived