Forums

I don't think the lvl restriction for chatting will stop bots

BestCatGirl

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 minute ago, BestCatGirl said:

It will slow them down but wont stop them.

I think bots should get automaticaly muted for sending several messages too fast that way they can't spam chat all day.

True it might not stop them but slowing them down gives them more time to find a proper fix

I checked the profile of the bot spammers and all of them were lvl 3-5. Not sure how willing these people are to level their bots up to 10 but if the spamming is less than anything it's been over the past couple days it IS a relief!

4 minutes ago, Indaril said:

I checked the profile of the bot spammers and all of them were lvl 3-5. Not sure how willing these people are to level their bots up to 10 but if the spamming is less than anything it's been over the past couple days it IS a relief!

i think bots level up automaticaly.

11 minutes ago, BestCatGirl said:

It will slow them down but wont stop them.

I think bots should get automaticaly muted for sending several messages too fast that way they can't spam chat all day.

This would be very helpful.  You spam the same line 3 times within 5 minutes you get a 1 hour chat ban.  *edit* add in Rhapsodical's post about a 72 hour chat ban if you are blocked by 50 people.

To address the block list, run a batch every other day ( because our list is so small, it can be adjusted if it looks to not be needed as often with the above chat fix ) if the name in the block list is banned, remove if from said players block list and this can be used as an auto clean up.  

They did this with Aion and it helped a lot ( the block list clean up part )  they could increase the block list size though so they would only have to run the clean up once a week during maitenance.

1 minute ago, Rhapsodical said:

They need some type of feature where after say 50 people report a name for spam it perma bans the account from chat for say 72hrs.

i don't wanna be that guy but this triggered me. 

If it's a  72 hour ban it's not permanent :PP

1 minute ago, BestCatGirl said:

i don't wanna be that guy but this triggered me. 

If it's a  72 hour ban it's not permanent :PP

72 hour chat ban = they can't chat for 72 hours.  If they are blocked by 50 people it is likely NC has them on their radar, if they can't ban them within 72 hours to make it permanent then increase the time.

It won't help at all.

They'll just keep levelling a bunch of new characters using bots and spam for an hour or so on each one giving enough time for the next batch of their spammers to level to 10.

It doesn't take long to get to lv10, all this does is restrict genuine players from chatting and introduces more competition for mob kill quests up to lv10.

We need an active moderation team who will actually deal with the situation, instead of hindering player experience by restricting access to features.

Level 10 is nothing for them to reach.   Once they get the process rolling, they'll have plenty of "bots" at 10 or better spamming.   I've seen many games put level restrictions in and within hours, it was defeated.  I don't mind reporting them when I want too.  I mind the fact that you have to manage your block list to do so.   You are asking me to help "police" your chat system and report gold spamming.   At least give me the complete tools to do so, including a block list that can handle it.  lol

Like I said, if you don't want to deal with it at all, just make your own chat tab.   You can control it better that way AND once it's done, you can set it up the same way for all your toons.   Login, Click Tab, Spam is now defeated.

I think the bigger issue at hand will be the economy that comes from this.

If the bots were just spamming chat it'd be a much simpler issue, but the bots are obviously getting the money from somewhere.

The market is going to be played by a bunch of gold farmers, AND we will probably have about the same amount of spam in the chat.

I honestly think we're going to be waiting for another patch.

2 minutes ago, Aureus said:

I think the bigger issue at hand will be the economy that comes from this.

If the bots were just spamming chat it'd be a much simpler issue, but the bots are obviously getting the money from somewhere.

The market is going to be played by a bunch of gold farmers, AND we will probably have about the same amount of spam in the chat.

I honestly think we're going to be waiting for another patch.

Yeah, the prices are indeed creeping up.  I've also seen the market being played.   There were a few last night buying up all the singles and then stacking them in 5's at higher prices.   Since there were no singles, people were in the position to having to buy them in fives or go look for the resources elsewhere.   This happens in any MMO.  It's nothing new.  Now if you can harvest the resources, then you can ride on their fortune...

What we really need to have our block list uncapped past 50.  It takes them all of 30 minutes to make 50 bots and fill up your list.  Having a level 10 restriction will only hinder them for a short time. 

1 minute ago, Crowku said:

I have a feeling this spamming will go on for months... MONTHS. I just have no faith in ncsoft right now,

Honestly most games have a problem with spamming so I doubt there is anything they can really do to stop it completely.  Of the game I play GW2 still has them whisper you as you go into a city and SWTOR still has them sending you mail with 1 cred attached. 

Archived