why are new mmos so ping reliant?

Schatten Katzen

On 24/09/2017 at 7:46 PM, Jim Nightshade said:

There ARE things that can be done to improve the experience for players with higher latencies.

In a patch a few months ago I noticed that my flicker speed was much smoother and faster (BM) than previous to it. I think they have included things like XML editing for this to happen. So I'm pretty sure there are ways to improve the experience. And it should be important, since a lot of the player base actualy plays at 200+ ping. 

Exactly, I also noticed it. My flicker skill got WAAAAY smoother after that patch. I'm wondering why they didn't do the same with Dragontonge or honed slash, our main atking skill.

15 hours ago, CristianoJa said:

Exactly, I also noticed it. My flicker skill got WAAAAY smoother after that patch. I'm wondering why they didn't do the same with Dragontonge or honed slash, our main atking skill.

Amazingly BnS made DT worse for high ping players! Instead of improving it they made it worse! It worse now ever since DT speed has been increased and damage decreased [in one update] thus low ping player would get it as a buff but high ping player get nerfed severely! Kinda shows how Bns cares! Instead of improving the experience Bns made it worse! and shows it could have been made better but yet chosen  to make it worse!

So it's not true nothing can be done...BnS just did make it worse thus it could have been done in reverse and made better! DT could be made slower again or even just undo that...damage lost due to ping was less before that update! It just amazing how uncaring this game , where simple things like this could have been done but inted choice to make things worse!

Tbh this isn't even a true "MMO". What online elements are there in this game that are "Massive"? Other than F5, NONE. Do we have server-wide events allowing hundreds/thousands of players to participate? No. Do we have any social/RP elements? No. This game should be a localized team-based combat game supporting 6-12 players, that's it. I mean 12 people is like the most you'll ever get to interact with, pathetic really. Stuff like mushin tower are completely single player, why the f- do you even need an internet connection? Lol.

Archived