Impossible FPS drop (freezes). I'm beggin' for help..

KurosakiShun

Okay guys. I'm not the type to just post when I have a problem before trying to do research, before trying to fix it myself, as google is my friend. But this time, trust me, I've done everything possible, I did read everything on the internet and I can't get my game to work good enough. I know my PC isn't the best, but I'm pretty sure it's more than enough to run BnS.

Like the title says, I'm experiencing terrible FPS drops. I'm running the game at 50-60 FPS with medium settings, but from just moving around even on a solo dungeon, I get FPS drop to 30 which is a less than\or 1 second freeze, and it keeps doing it, and doing it, it even stops me from doing combos.

As I've been reading the internet, I believe it's related to my video card, and the unreal engine 3 this game is made on (I experienced the same problem on Tera, while Aion works perfectly fine at highest settings! ), as if it's not compatible, or game not optimized for it, I believe. How can I be even sure? Anyway..

These are my computer specs:

Graphics: AMD Sapphire Radeon HD 6670  2GB

CPU Type: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4170 CPU @ 3.70GHz

RAM: 8GB

Windows 10

Sorry for the long post, and thanks for taking the time to read it. I truly appreciate it! 

~Ben

Make sure you have the latest drivers for your MOBO.

When I upgraded from Windows 8 to 10 many of the drivers were incompatible with the new OS and I was getting lower than usual FPS in games.

If that doesn't do it then download Display Driver Uninstaller, uninstall your gpu drivers and install them again.

Game only runs on 9.0c ??? regardless he is pulling 50+ and only dipping into the 30's when v-sync pops. dunno what his complaint is, needs to upgrade to a better tier of Mobo, NIC, CPU, GPU and add at least another 8gb of decent RAM. OP is under DX12 he stated he is running Win 10. Browse thru the bug sections and see people running rigs and dropping into single digits. 

Would be chill if they could port  Dx11 into the game, as popular as it is, the question is.. if the Unreal the used to build game with is after the DX10-11 came available or is it perma locked at DX9 like Tera due to engine build date.. 

Just now, CORVEK said:

Make sure you have the latest drivers for your MOBO.

When I upgraded from Windows 8 to 10 many of the drivers were incompatible with the new OS and I was getting lower than usual FPS in games.

If that doesn't do it then download Display Driver Uninstaller, uninstall your gpu drivers and install them again.

That is also a very good point. +1

12 hours ago, Yxion said:

At that point you might even be able to increase your texture resolution and maybe kick on AA a little bit. Play around with it some and let me know. If you run into any problems reply here or send me another PM.

12 hours ago, Yxion said:

At that point you might even be able to increase your texture resolution and maybe kick on AA a little bit. Play around with it some and let me know. If you run into any problems reply here or send me another PM.

You think so? Well, I got dx11 since it was recommended for my GPU. It's true tho this isn't something I've tried to test, so I'll just go for it and let you know, thank you!

Just now, KurosakiShun said:

You think so? Well, I got dx11 since it was recommended for my GPU. It's true tho this isn't something I've tried to test, so I'll just go for it and let you know, thank you!

GPU companies love advertising compatibility regardless of actual performance. Can it run DX11? Yes. Should it? No.

7 minutes ago, Yxion said:

Ah ha! There is your problem. Using DX11 on that GPU is going to cause you a lot of framerate loss. I would uninstall DX11 and use DX9/10.

Uninstall a default Windows feature like Dx11, yeah okay m(

Awesome tips right there.

You graphics card is fairly old and rather low performance. Try further lowering your graphics settings, mostly texture resolution. The small amount of VRAM on your GPU might cause stuttering. Furthermore if you have an SSD then you should move your game on that drive. The UE3 engine is prone to stream textures on-the-fly and a fast drive like an SSD helps a lot with stuttering when entering new areas in the game.

Just because Windows 10 runs great on DX11 and is preferred doesn't mean it has to. The whole issue here is trying to get a piece of hardware not streamlined for DX11 and having issues because of it. The card can handle DX10 much better, and Win 10 will not suffer from being limited to DX10. YOu don't just use whatever the latest API is unless you have the hardware to support it.

13 minutes ago, OneYouHate said:

Game only runs on 9.0c ??? regardless he is pulling 50+ and only dipping into the 30's when v-sync pops. dunno what his complaint is, needs to upgrade to a better tier of Mobo, NIC, CPU, GPU and add at least another 8gb of decent RAM. OP is under DX12 he stated he is running Win 10. Browse thru the bug sections and see people running rigs and dropping into single digits. 

Would be chill if they could port  Dx11 into the game, as popular as it is, the question is.. if the Unreal the used to build game with is after the DX10-11 came available or is it perma locked at DX9 like Tera due to engine build date.. 

8GB of RAM is more than enough. BnS is only using 1.8GB of ram on my system. THe GPU is also more than enough. It's not a question of improving his performance, it's an issue of stabilizing it.

OP never mentioned at what resolution or what display he is using.  Frames bouncing usually is low ram, windows updating etc, freezes can be conflicts between drivers for game-pad and mouse both being active. If he is on a standard display 1068x and not getting 70+ frames then it is either/or. Perhaps the wi-fi signal is weak, not enough information really TBH.

Why would anyone use windows 10 to play game? It is not optimised it is causing more problem than improving despite what M$ says.  I had the exactly same issue with i7 + Nvidia GTX 780. I also tried everything including driver upgrade/downgrade nothing works. i never had more than 24 fps with all option turned off. It runs at 60 FPS now with Windows 7 installed. Sounds weird? no. BnS is about 4 years old it is optimised for older system including OS. Perhaps you try with Win 7 if this game is worth that much to you.

Alright, sorry about delayed posts but I'm pretty busy around. Anyway, I installed windows 7 fresh, drivers and all, but I had no luck with DX11. The first thing I checked after installing windows was the DX version, and it was there by default DX11. Also I'm not able to downgrade it, is that even possible?

Anyway, I tried the game again with w7 and it's exactly the same thing. If for example I run, even if I change tabs (All, faction, etc) it has a micro stutter, so IMAGINE! Basically if I'm moving through UI it lags as well.

So then again, can someone tell me how to downgrade to dx10 or 9 from 11? Like a sure safe way to do it.

22 hours ago, Yxion said:

Just because Windows 10 runs great on DX11 and is preferred doesn't mean it has to. The whole issue here is trying to get a piece of hardware not streamlined for DX11 and having issues because of it. The card can handle DX10 much better, and Win 10 will not suffer from being limited to DX10. YOu don't just use whatever the latest API is unless you have the hardware to support it.

You can't just uninstall a native and system wide feature like DX11 when running Windows 10. It's a ludicrous and terrible advice to give.

And then again B&S doesn't even utilize DX11 in the first place. It's using DX9.0c

10 hours ago, Reutertu3 said:

You can't just uninstall a native and system wide feature like DX11 when running Windows 10. It's a ludicrous and terrible advice to give.

And then again B&S doesn't even utilize DX11 in the first place. It's using DX9.0c

Windows 10 has that crap embedded in its core... there is a way to force the utilization of dx9. I don't think it would work on win 10 but with a win 7 or 8 build it should.

Archived