Impossible FPS drop (freezes). I'm beggin' for help..

KurosakiShun

Hello.

I'm having the exact same problem than OP, maybe not as bad tho. I'll copy paste my post from another thread, since i wasn't able to fix it until now. 

So as the title states it, i do have massive fps drops, pretty much in every area, populated or not. I've played to lvl 23 with my main char, and couldn't notice any difference in drops throughout all areas i've wandered through (dungeons, towns, open world, etc.)

I spent a good amount of time experiencing around with my graphic options. Here's what i tried : 

- Max fps out vs force 60

- Max background fps

- Graphics on very low

- Native resolution vs lower resolution

- Native Nvidia settings set to max perfomance

- Fullscreen vs Windowed (Alt + Enter to get windowed fullscreen)

With the fps limit maxed out, I get a steady 120fps going, but then it will drop to 30-40 and then back up again which makes the game experience pretty laggy and stuttery.

As to my PC, here's my config: 

• Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
  • Memory: 8192MB RAM
  • Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680
  • The game is installed on a SSD Driver
  • I use windows 10 with the latest DX i guess

On 1/27/2016 at 3:05 AM, DooM78 said:

Hello.

I'm having the exact same problem than OP, maybe not as bad tho. I'll copy paste my post from another thread, since i wasn't able to fix it until now. 

So as the title states it, i do have massive fps drops, pretty much in every area, populated or not. I've played to lvl 23 with my main char, and couldn't notice any difference in drops throughout all areas i've wandered through (dungeons, towns, open world, etc.)

I spent a good amount of time experiencing around with my graphic options. Here's what i tried : 

- Max fps out vs force 60

- Max background fps

- Graphics on very low

- Native resolution vs lower resolution

- Native Nvidia settings set to max perfomance

- Fullscreen vs Windowed (Alt + Enter to get windowed fullscreen)

With the fps limit maxed out, I get a steady 120fps going, but then it will drop to 30-40 and then back up again which makes the game experience pretty laggy and stuttery.

As to my PC, here's my config: 

• Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
  • Memory: 8192MB RAM
  • Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680
  • The game is installed on a SSD Driver
  • I use windows 10 with the latest DX i guess

Hello Doom. So look what I found out. Well the thing is that the game doesn't utilize your GPU at max, basically not making use of it. I ran a program to monitor my GPU usage and realized the game is using only @200 vram. So to boost the vram usage, I changed BNS settings to max, then I opened a side game, mortal kombat x to make sure it'll eat some vram. So the total vram usage reached 1700. Played MK a minute, then changed to BnS (without closing MK) and played for 5min. After that I closed MK so when I went back on BnS, adjusted graphics to what I'd feel confortable with, and I noticed the game used 320 vram instead of 200 like before, which made it a lot more playable, with rarer freezes, a big improvement. Even tho.. not perfect. It still doesn't use enough vram. So do this too, and tell me how does it feel for you!

UPDATE! ASSURED FPS FIX! Ok so, first of all, go to Documents -> BnS -> Ncwest -> ClientConfiguration.

Right click that, edit, use ctrl+f and search for frame. You'll see frame-auto-control' value='n'/> So instead of n, use y.

After you do this, try your game. If nothing changed, come back and continue with the following.

So what I did next was to use a program called RadeonPro (ati exclusive, nvidia got their nvidia inspector, so for those with nvidia, you might wanna change inspector settings similar to what you'll see I change on RadeonPro).

First of all, always open RadeonPro as administrator, you'll be prompted to hit yes or no, hit yes.

On the program, make a new profile and add Client.exe

I only changed settings on the following tabs: Advanced, Tweaks and OSD.

Everytime you change something, right click on client.exe profile and hit Apply.

Advanced tab ->http://postimg.org/image/4ruowakwh/

Tweaks tab ->http://postimg.org/image/5cx0g1zof/

OSD tab (this is optional, in case you want to monitor your GPU usage, recommended) ->http://postimg.org/image/irretqq3b/

Also on this tab, scroll down and check Show current API and FPS Counter if you want it to show.

Now, right click settings on RadeonPro ->http://postimg.org/image/fyeq1thy1/

Go to compatibility tab, Add client.exe and check Ignore D3D11 and DXGI, save.  -> http://postimg.org/image/d4nxe63nh/

Once you've done those, minimize RadeonPro and start the game normally, through launcher.

There are other settings on RadeonPro you might wanna tweak for better FPS, so try what I tell you first, and if it's improved, try add new changes you'd like, something that might suit you better. 

If anyone tries this, please come back and tell me if it helped you, good luck!

Hello KurosakiShun

thank you for that your help, i will try this tomorrow first thing. 

I do have a Nvidia, so i'll see if i can manage to understand how it works.

If anyone else tries this please give your feedback since I would really love to fix this issue :)

Thanks !

23 hours ago, DooM78 said:

Hello KurosakiShun

thank you for that your help, i will try this tomorrow first thing. 

I do have a Nvidia, so i'll see if i can manage to understand how it works.

If anyone else tries this please give your feedback since I would really love to fix this issue :)

Thanks !

I ended up disabling triple buffering 'cause it caused skills delay. So forget about that

Tweaking it wasn't in vain. It increased my fps, tho freezes still appear every now and then, just not as often as before.

But we aren't happy with that, are we? We want this to work as intended. Anyway look what I found. It's the same problem we have but they also come with a solution. That would work for Tera for example, because you can find the described file, but BnS doesn't have that, so I'll try to make one, run some tests. Look for it yourself, maybe you have any ideas http://steamcommunity.com/app/49540/discussions/0/846959998062253777/

Seem like mostly happen to 8 threading CPUs, try turn off HyperThreading to use the 4 true cores, or disable Core Parking and see how it goes.

Also in BIOS if you have HPET option, turn that on, it is for HT CPUs.

While most games and programs don't have problems with those on or off but some just simply affected by it.

22 hours ago, Aevri said:

Seem like mostly happen to 8 threading CPUs, try turn off HyperThreading to use the 4 true cores, or disable Core Parking and see how it goes.

Also in BIOS if you have HPET option, turn that on, it is for HT CPUs.

While most games and programs don't have problems with those on or off but some just simply affected by it.

Aevri, the problem is obvious. For some of us, the game ustilizes low vram. For me it's around 200. While for other friends it goes up to 800. That's what causes lag

4 minutes ago, KurosakiShun said:

Aevri, the problem is obvious. For some of us, the game ustilizes low vram. For me it's around 200. While for other friends it goes up to 800. That's what causes lag

Sorry didn't realize i came straight to page 2 and read Doom's post thought as first post.

But is true my vram is up to 800+MB running the game normally. Since you have AMD i can't assist. I can only imagine the game might run fine on older, non crimson edition driver.

Sorry didn't realize i came straight to page 2 and read Doom's post thought as first post.

But is true my vram is up to 800+MB running the game normally. Since you have AMD i can't assist. I can only imagine the game might run fine on older, non crimson edition driver.

It's true I run crimson, but I tested older driver as well, same story.

Did you read this? http://steamcommunity.com/app/49540/discussions/0/846959998062253777/

15 minutes ago, KurosakiShun said:

ri, the problem is obvious. For some of us, the game ustilizes low vram. For me it's around 200. While for other friends it goes up to 800. That's what causes lag

Did now and the link with it, but doesn't seem like a viable fix since BnS doesn't set an external engine setting profile for you to modify.

Until the devs can find out what causes it, keep tinkering around with drivers, especially use DDU to wipe clean for driver reinstallation and reinstall DirectX 9.0 redistribution pack. I personally take a sharp frames drop when gliding off the walkway at 24-Poharan dungeon with enemy shooting at me behind. Other than that the game is fine everywhere else. Second thing i can think of if the game use PhysX with CPU render, that had cause me framerate issue in other single player game before, not sure how to check this with BnS.

Did now and the link with it, but doesn't seem like a viable fix since BnS doesn't set an external engine setting profile for you to modify.

Until the devs can find out what causes it, keep tinkering around with drivers, especially use DDU to wipe clean for driver reinstallation and reinstall DirectX 9.0 redistribution pack. I personally take a sharp frames drop when gliding off the walkway at 24-Poharan dungeon with enemy shooting at me behind. Other than that the game is fine everywhere else. Second thing i can think of if the game use PhysX with CPU render, that had cause me framerate issue in other single player game before, not sure how to check this with BnS.

Exactly, if only we were able to modify some files, we'd solve this problem alone without their lazy asses do anything, but no!

First having 60fps, then gradually decreasing over hours and eventually reaching like crazy values of 1-2 fps... B&S has a badly optimized kernel modules, thats another issue but what you mentioned reminds me of one thing: ---> Classical GameGuard protected MMO crap.  I played many games supported by gameguard and when gameguard had a problem this shitty issue happened. You have to somehow make sure everything that may cause incompatibility with gameguard is closed/prevented. Same thing happened to me just becuz i had by bitdefender on yesterday. It was straight 60fps at the beginning but as hours went by, I  gradually stooped to 1-2 fps in arena it was such a pain in the ass & torture :)

22 hours ago, RandomPleb said:

First having 60fps, then gradually decreasing over hours and eventually reaching like crazy values of 1-2 fps... B&S has a badly optimized kernel modules, thats another issue but what you mentioned reminds me of one thing: ---> Classical GameGuard protected MMO crap.  I played many games supported by gameguard and when gameguard had a problem this shitty issue happened. You have to somehow make sure everything that may cause incompatibility with gameguard is closed/prevented. Same thing happened to me just becuz i had by bitdefender on yesterday. It was straight 60fps at the beginning but as hours went by, I  gradually stooped to 1-2 fps in arena it was such a pain in the ass & torture :)

So you closed bitdefender and everything worked normally? Then, can you activate bitdefender, test the game, and if the game is working bad, can you monitor your Gpu vram's usage? Then see the Gpu vram usage with the normal working game (without bitdefender conflicting).

Now so : Download msiafterburner and check how much load you have on your GPU and CPU. How many MB of ram is used and e.c.t. This can define what part of your PC is bottlenecking.

I have:
i5 2500k ²@² 4.7 Ghz
16GB ram
SSD for Windows and game installed in to the HDD

running game MAXED OUT on 1920x1080 res with Gigabyte rev.1 R9 280x and geting those 60FPS, but some times it drops to 30-40-50 and jumping back to 60. :)

Mine GPU is 80-99% Loaded that means game wont use all my PC`s resources and it`s just bad programed. Dont forget, that u have LOADING areas what is a litle bit different than in l2, wow and e.c.t...

d01be94af8e6bc295a67f341ea54dad6.jpg

On 1/29/2016 at 5:11 AM, HighstonedMasterSamurai said:

Now so : Download msiafterburner and check how much load you have on your GPU and CPU. How many MB of ram is used and e.c.t. This can define what part of your PC is bottlenecking.

I have:
i5 2500k ²@² 4.7 Ghz
16GB ram
SSD for Windows and game installed in to the HDD

running game MAXED OUT on 1920x1080 res with Gigabyte rev.1 R9 280x and geting those 60FPS, but some times it drops to 30-40-50 and jumping back to 60. :)

Mine GPU is 80-99% Loaded that means game wont use all my PC`s resources and it`s just bad programed. Dont forget, that u have LOADING areas what is a litle bit different than in l2, wow and e.c.t...

d01be94af8e6bc295a67f341ea54dad6.jpg

Which is the vram? The ram under gpu right? It says 816mb. So yea, it's working as inteded for you. But can you think of how would it work if it was around 200?

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I'll post this just to be sure no one else makes the same stupid mistake as I did.

For me it turned out the game only used my onboard (motherboard) graphics card instead of my Nvidia dedicated card!

Although other games perfectly used the Nvidia card, B&S did not.

You can change this in your NVIDIA configuration panel.

I went from 5fps to 60fps :-) Perfectly playable now.

Greetings

Archived