Server Down...Again

YueChe

Yeah, I haven't tried to log in yet today, but if true, this is very disappointing. Hasn't been the smoothest launch, that's for sure. Surprising considering the game has been out for years already so you know whatever the issues are, it's strictly on the NA dev team's shoulders. Or is this happening on the EU servers also?

2 minutes ago, Rekkusu said:

I don't mind if there's maintenance. 

*cough cough premium*

You non premium mates might have it tough getting back on EleGiggle 

Normally scheduled maintenance is 100% understandable. Every online game I've ever played typically has one day a week they set aside for this. It's usually well known ahead of time. It's all the random server crashes that concern me. Is there really a server named EleGiggle for the non-premium players? That would be too funny.

1 minute ago, Taywen said:

Normally scheduled maintenance is 100% understandable. Every online game I've ever played typically has one day a week they set aside for this. It's usually well known ahead of time. It's all the random server crashes that concern me. Is there really a server named EleGiggle for the non-premium players? That would be too funny.

I should of put a period between "on" and "EleGiggle." 

You got me lol.

You know what EleGiggle is right? 

23 minutes ago, YueChe said:

They're down again....srsly...

There is this thing called a "Life". You should be thankful that we were able to even GET this game finally over here to play. Granted there has been issues but please name three over the sea games that came over with little to no issues. 

10 minutes ago, Rekkusu said:

I should of put a period between "on" and "EleGiggle." 

You got me lol.

You know what EleGiggle is right? 

Nope, I have no clue what an EleGiggle is. Your post made it sound like there was a server with that name. Guess I misunderstood.

12 minutes ago, Chewma said:

There is this thing called a "Life". You should be thankful that we were able to even GET this game finally over here to play. Granted there has been issues but please name three over the sea games that came over with little to no issues. 

to be honest, it would of eventually came over here, NCSOFT needs money right? We provide it, so they are pretty desperate to publish this game that was hyped for the past 2 years

I have seen so many new games at launch that i'm not surprised by the numbers of time they go down.Most of them that i saw have multiple stability problem  for the 1st month often due to the numbers of players trying to play.Oh and for the person who was saying good luck on non-premium getting back on it depends a lot on which server they play.It's less of a problem  then forum would indicate.

40 minutes ago, Taywen said:

Yeah, I haven't tried to log in yet today, but if true, this is very disappointing. Hasn't been the smoothest launch, that's for sure. Surprising considering the game has been out for years already so you know whatever the issues are, it's strictly on the NA dev team's shoulders. Or is this happening on the EU servers also?

what, not smoothest launch???! we already in 2nd week and i'm already lvl 45 guess i played a lot so was really good launch.  Also i don't have lag

Just now, VRock said:

what, not smoothest launch???! we already in 2nd week and i'm already lvl 45 guess i played a lot so was really good launch.  Also i don't have lag

I'm almost to lvl 45 as well

easiest game to reach cap lol

needs more pve content 

Ok soon we gonna have people saying i'm bored.Nothing to do and asking for new content then lol.Happen on all the games when people reach max level. And the funny thing when new content comes they rush to new max and ask for more again and then threaten to go play another game since they have nothing to do and they done samething hundred of times already.

2 minutes ago, VRock said:

I have alpha/beta tested several MMORPGs and been there for their launches. I can't say I've seen 3-4 fatal server crashes in one day by any other game like we saw Saturday. Long queues until they figure out how many servers they need? Yep, seen that. Lag issues until they get their server settings all fine tuned? Yep, seen that. But never have I experienced 3-4 fatal crashes for an hour or more each time all in the same day. I'd hardly call this the smoothest launch I've seen. Far from it. Worst? Probably not, but definitely not the smoothest. You forget I guess that this game has been out for years already. MMORPGs aren't new to the gaming community. New MMORPG launches aren't new to the gaming community. All these things have been experienced before again and again. You would think by now MMORPG dev teams would already be well aware of the most common launch problems and have taken the precautionary steps to try to avoid them. I guess that's just too much to ask though.

I don't expect perfection. But it's not necessary to completely reinvent the wheel and cause new problems when the wheel's been around for a long long time now and working fine for years.

Archived