6 days to reroll a character....just why?

Nilkemios

I got around to Lv16 as a Kung-Fu Master only to find it wasn't for me...now, I had rerolled it earlier to change to a different race around Lv10-ish and it took only 6 minutes. So, I was shocked and displeased to find that, at Lv16+, it suddenly wants me to wait 6 DAYS to delete it. That's just absurd. And with only 2 slots to begin with, I'm stuck playing on the other slot and hoping that Blademaster turns out okay, otherwise I wouldn't be able to play for nearly a week just to try other classes. Compare this to Tera, where you only waited a day to delete Lv40+ characters, or Vindictus where it takes two days...just, why 6 days?

Nice way of basically saying "Just because. There's no reason for it." Halcyon.

I presume the idea is to stop account hackers from deleting characters. Which is hilarious, because people who hack accounts use them to bot or strip them and their storage to sell in the AH before fleeing.

So...I have no idea. Just another bizarre design decision for the white knights to defend from criticism.

1 minute ago, Spiderbot said:

Nice way of basically saying "Just because. There's no reason for it." Halcyon.

I presume the idea is to stop account hackers from deleting characters. Which is hilarious, because people who hack accounts use them to bot or strip them and their storage to sell in the AH before fleeing.

So...I have no idea. Just another bizarre design decision for the white knights to defend from criticism.

usually there isn't . :B  but your reason sounds much better so let's just go with that instead c';

indeed i agree this is a poor design choice, this several hours to delete toons is pretty lame.  this is more likely done by design in hopes to draw people to buy a character slot rather than wait 7 hours, that said currently i hear it can take over 24 hours to buy your coins needed to get that char slot lmao,GG

It's a holdover from the Asian clients. In those markets, it's more common for people to play from public computers (e.g, netcafes), so the extended deletion time serves as an extra safeguard against losing characters should a player leave themselves logged in. Of course, that's completely unnecessary in the NA and EU clients since we play almost exclusively from private computers. It's really bizarre that this wasn't adjusted for the game's localization. 

Its very depressing they did it just to combat acccount theft and bots. Yet they couldnt just add a captcha feature or email recognition?

Considering the fact that i could be playing on a low pop server right now if they would let me delete my KFM

14 minutes ago, Nilkemios said:

I got around to Lv16 as a Kung-Fu Master only to find it wasn't for me...now, I had rerolled it earlier to change to a different race around Lv10-ish and it took only 6 minutes. So, I was shocked and displeased to find that, at Lv16+, it suddenly wants me to wait 6 DAYS to delete it. That's just absurd. And with only 2 slots to begin with, I'm stuck playing on the other slot and hoping that Blademaster turns out okay, otherwise I wouldn't be able to play for nearly a week just to try other classes. Compare this to Tera, where you only waited a day to delete Lv40+ characters, or Vindictus where it takes two days...just, why 6 days?

This surely isnt TerA.. the 6 day thing is probably to prevent players from losing their characters due to hackers, etc.. also you should be happy that character names are unique to one server, that means in the far future if they ever decided to merge up servers, nobody would be forced to rename their characters. (TerA on the other hand has already failed at this and let down most of their PreOrder/Founders)

On 1/24/2016 at 10:15 PM, halcyon said:

because this isn't Tera or Vindictus..?  

I was using those as examples of where I have seen this done before, obviously. This goes far past that.

As for the "it's to stop hackers" thing...I can't say I believe that either, given that they make you deal with a PIN as well. Besides, a hacker would probably strip them of everything/anything they could before deleting them, so they've already potentially done much damage unless NCSoft can/will reset characters to before they were hacked.,,which I doubt they can do, seeing as they can't even keep the gold sellers out.

On 1/24/2016 at 10:34 PM, Cupofcinno said:

Seems like you haven't spent a dime on your account. So why don't you just create another account?

I already spent 25$ for the head start. This game has given me little incentive to spend more on it. And why should I need to make another account just to be able to enjoy the game? Keeping track of more than one account for an MMO is hard to balance out and never worth it unless you know you're going to stick around for the long run.

Dude.... make an alt and play it while you wait and try the classes before you make your new main...its not that hard to make an acct and if you forget so easily, add a number to current log in name... again you played Vind and know the drill

Archived