Why are the names in Korean?

Lynart

Both Jet Li and Jackie Chan have actual Chinese names; no one knows them by  Li Lianjie  or Chan Kong-sang. Hell, I have a Chinese name and an English name as well.

How am I going to remember Pongyinchin?! They might as well have written it in Korean characters instead.

Just now, CaptainSharkFin said:

...Because the developers are Korean?

Developers are not responsible for localization. They also, more than likely, did not make up the names. The 3 are completely different jobs.

It certainly makes the game more authentically Korean feeling when NPCs have their native names. At least there are quest markers that point you to the right place or person to go to so you don't necessarily need to remember each and every name or understand who they are until you get to them.

On a side note, I get a nice chuckle off of the names Ug Li and Lon Li.

22 minutes ago, Madmarvels said:

Weeaboo shit? Do you even know what a weeaboo is? Yes, localized names would be great, but what makes you think Korean names are weeaboo shit?

There's no word for white people wanting to be Korean. I've always used weeaboo to describe anyone that wants to be Eastern Asian but isn't Eastern Asian. Equality for everyone!

• Hime locked this topic

Archived