For the love of god make the nodes respawn faster

Toha

I was told on the region chat that it takes 2+ hours for gathering nodes to respawn and that they're shared between players.  This is just absolutely insane to think this was even a good idea in the first place, no one is going to be able to get this done in reasonable time and no there won't be lines people will try and ninja these nodes out from underneath you, please do what other games do and make it a 4-5 minute respawn at max.

To be honest, it is a player driven economy. The more nodes there are, the lower the prices will be, and thus they will be extremely insignificant in terms of farming. NCSoft is trying to keep a balance, in my opinion, between the two. Plus if you're actually desperately in need of farming nodes just go to an area, run through the locations, farm the available nodes and switch out, if none are available then switch to a different channel. I was easily able to gather 150+ stones in a couple of hours doing such... Gathering/crafting is suppose to be a grind/tedious process, which makes it so much rewarding every time you see an open node. Just farm up and you'll get it. In regards to the 2 hour timer, that is absolutely absurd, it takes at max 30 minutes for a node to respawn (I spent 5-8 hours farming nodes) 

6 hours ago, xDrakon said:

To be honest, it is a player driven economy. The more nodes there are, the lower the prices will be, and thus they will be extremely insignificant in terms of farming. NCSoft is trying to keep a balance, in my opinion, between the two. Plus if you're actually desperately in need of farming nodes just go to an area, run through the locations, farm the available nodes and switch out, if none are available then switch to a different channel. I was easily able to gather 150+ stones in a couple of hours doing such... Gathering/crafting is suppose to be a grind/tedious process, which makes it so much rewarding every time you see an open node. Just farm up and you'll get it. In regards to the 2 hour timer, that is absolutely absurd, it takes at max 30 minutes for a node to respawn (I spent 5-8 hours farming nodes) 

Ehhhh not really since there are tons of bots and gold sellers camping the spots its not really player driven.

So far the rate of nodes appearing has fell in line with my ability to use the resources (quartz) for crafting. Then again, that's only because it takes upwards of a day to make anything useful with them.

I've played 3 characters so far, levels 32, 26 and 22.

I've managed to actually gather 1 Quartz.

I've seen 1 Quartz gathered in front of me.

And I've seen 7 (SEVEN) Quartz that were mined and not gathered, left to rot (making me want to strangle something).

I'm definitely not a fan of the everyone gets the node option, because that would completely tank the economy of breakthrough stones (which is a major gold sink). But I do think the spawn rate should be increased a bit, at least for a few weeks until the game population is a little more spread out.

2 hours ago, Kelarme said:

This is exactly what I want, and what people I played GW2 with who are now playing B&S want.

In order for this to work, the economy has to be designed with this in mind. It hasn't been, so this would completely ruin the sale of quartz, and in turn, transformation stones, which are supposed to be in limited supply.

Who cares if the economy is cheaper for resources? THEY ARE RESOURCES nothing more.....it's end result that needs to be sold higher, but 20+ silver for people who are just starting crafting AND the game this is highly unachievable, leaving them to wait until later levels when they earn more gold from quests just to make level 1 crafting crap.

this will be a non issue once everyone runs out of their free picks. simmer down. if u cant craft them u dont know. but lets just say they are super not easy to craft. they wont be on most ppl after they run out of their free bees. i already see the nodes all over the place now.

GW2 node gathering would destroy the economy, in gw you need dozens, sometimes hundreds of craft materials? Here you need one, to max 5 (in my guilds), combine that with changing channels and you could tons of farm materials in no time.

On 1/22/2016 at 6:05 PM, xDrakon said:

@xDrakon Great idea! Thank you so much!

On 22/01/2016 at 8:56 AM, Seanzie said:

YES.
And maybe do the GW2 approach where everyone can grab the node once.

I've made this suggestion too in another thread. Instanced nodes wouldn't impact the current economy if you restricted them to 12 or 24 hour respawns and allowed each node to provide a maximum of 3 ore. You need 5 ore per batch of premium refiner, so you're still going to be limited on what you can craft per day and the market value of ore will still be high.

The problem is I don't want to spend hours just on gathering runs. I play the game to have fun, not to work. Instanced nodes wouldn't destroy the supply-demand of the market. We can easily see how a player-driven market can work in this case just by looking at other MMOs. Guild Wars 2, as people and myself have already mentioned, provides a totally player-driven economy, even though you can gather tons of mats by yourself. The quantity required to craft items and the nature of time-gated mats on ascended and legendary crafting means iron still fetches the highest price of metal on the market.

The market and crafting in B&S is just poorly designed to favour bots and people with ridiculous amounts of time.

On 23/01/2016 at 11:29 PM, Kuroth said:

GW2 node gathering would destroy the economy, in gw you need dozens, sometimes hundreds of craft materials? Here you need one, to max 5 (in my guilds), combine that with changing channels and you could tons of farm materials in no time.

Then change the economy? It's not hard. All MMOs constantly make changes to their market. If you played WoW when it was first released you'd see a huge difference in the Auction House by the release of Pandaria

Archived