BM vs Assassin

xDrac

How the hell do I beat this *cricket*ing shit class.

They constantly daze me, go behind me and while im dazed they take half my life, constant *cricket*ing stealth and cc and stupid *cricket*ing stuns I am so done.

Please give me tips how to rek this stupid SHIT class as a BM.

I personally main the assassin, the best thing you can do(and this goes for all classes) is to learn your opponents abilities. Assassins strive off either bleed or poison and stealth. Rush them a lot, if you can stop their stealth without hitting their counter, you can get a few hits in. That is what most BM's do to me.

To fight a sin, don't let them counter your moves.  If you see them waving their arms in a circle, that's their counter move.  Don't attack them with direct attacks while they are, or they'll stealth.  Traps work fine, though.  If a sin does manage to slip into stealth, don't panic and block immediately.  They'll likely end up stunning you with their rmb attack.  Instead of blocking, use aoes to try and knock them out of stealth, especially if you're getting hit...  They're nearby and will probably be hit.  If you can't do that, move forward as soon as they do stealth, as they're likely behind you.  Stay on the move until it wears off in 6s or your aoes are available.

Blocking while they aren't stealthed is more likely to work to your advantage, from the way I've played so far.  The sin probably needs focus, so will try to build some up with normal attacks, or will hope to get behind you or counter an attack of yours.  I don't really know your skills too well yet, but if you've got anything that immobilizes, use it when you can.

I've only hit 32 as a sin so far, so I'm definitely not the font of all knowledge yet.  This is what I've seen so far, hope it helps!

Wrote this in another thread guess I'll paste it here too.

Assassin, you can actually see them in stealth (it's kinda a shadowy figure). When I see them moving towards me to open with stun, I SS and start shooting Flickers at them. Often they will come STRAIGHT at you from where you SS'd and you'll hit them with a flicker. Also, if they start throwing daggers at you in stealth you can parry stun them with your block. When you see them wave their hands in a circular motion, DO NOT attack into it because you'll give them free stealth (it's a counter move). When they teleport behind you, you need to RAPIDLY 180 and block. A lot of times you can catch them in a parry stun when they attack into it. When I get flashbanged, I block and turn, SS if it's up, and the MOMENT I see red text from them attacking me I go for a tab (lunar slash) daze. If that doesn't work, you can still see their lifebar so you can turn towards them and block or try another CC. 

4 hours ago, Signe said:

To fight a sin, don't let them counter your moves.  If you see them waving their arms in a circle, that's their counter move.  Don't attack them with direct attacks while they are, or they'll stealth.  Traps work fine, though.  If a sin does manage to slip into stealth, don't panic and block immediately.  They'll likely end up stunning you with their rmb attack.  Instead of blocking, use aoes to try and knock them out of stealth, especially if you're getting hit...  They're nearby and will probably be hit.  If you can't do that, move forward as soon as they do stealth, as they're likely behind you.  Stay on the move until it wears off in 6s or your aoes are available.

Blocking while they aren't stealthed is more likely to work to your advantage, from the way I've played so far.  The sin probably needs focus, so will try to build some up with normal attacks, or will hope to get behind you or counter an attack of yours.  I don't really know your skills too well yet, but if you've got anything that immobilizes, use it when you can.

I've only hit 32 as a sin so far, so I'm definitely not the font of all knowledge yet.  This is what I've seen so far, hope it helps!

48 minutes ago, Kutsuu said:

Wrote this in another thread guess I'll paste it here too.

Assassin, you can actually see them in stealth (it's kinda a shadowy figure). When I see them moving towards me to open with stun, I SS and start shooting Flickers at them. Often they will come STRAIGHT at you from where you SS'd and you'll hit them with a flicker. Also, if they start throwing daggers at you in stealth you can parry stun them with your block. When you see them wave their hands in a circular motion, DO NOT attack into it because you'll give them free stealth (it's a counter move). When they teleport behind you, you need to RAPIDLY 180 and block. A lot of times you can catch them in a parry stun when they attack into it. When I get flashbanged, I block and turn, SS if it's up, and the MOMENT I see red text from them attacking me I go for a tab (lunar slash) daze. If that doesn't work, you can still see their lifebar so you can turn towards them and block or try another CC. 

Like these guys said about not attacking our counter. Try to not constantly swing at us because we'll just go stealth over and over. I've fought so many BMs who do this and become easy fights. Bait it out and be patient. Aoes are our worst enemy so take advantage when we stealth. 

As Signe said blocking while we're not in stealth helps you guys a lot in order to get your stun and go right into a combo.   

Spec your V into the one that knocks people away in the 5m range. When you see the SIN around you, pop your V and get them out of stealth. Also, when SIN does their thing where they appear on top of you and stun you with a flash grenade, use your ss. (You can also try to predict their counter-F by turning around at the last second). Your five point strike follows them through their counter, and if specced, it can get you a free knock up. If you see them burning their escape (flashbang backflip and lotus flower), go stun lock them. After you daze them, try to catch their backroll (F) with another daze, knockdown, or stun (your 3, c, 2, x, tab, etc, etc). Once you have their backroll down, you auto attack them a few times and do your whole stun lock combo.

- From what I've seen from BM streams

watch Nam Cung Huy channel on youtube, in my opinion he is one of the best BM

the key is know how to stun lock your enemy and do not launch your combo if your opponents still have escape skill (all class have tab to escape from stun CMIIW) because it will only wasting your skill especially the one with long cooldown like 4 which is BM highest damage skill on pvp, it works on or againts any class

if you see a bomb on your character's back be ready to spam F because it will cause knock down, do not attack assassin when they use their counter because it will let them stealth

and maybe stay close to the edge of the arena will help to limit assassin movement because you know they are not move behind you when in stealth

As a BM I feel more confident against assassin than any other class right now because around 30-35% of my total arena matches thus far have been against them (very popular class in NA). More practice does the trick for sure... of course combined with all the great advice you can find here and especially on bladeandsouldojo. 

• 5 months later...

try playing those classes are the only way to learn how to counter...but the funny thing is blade master's  major skill is block and even if they block, assassin can still get behind them using a skill and constntly stunning them...that skill doesn't seem to have cool down as long as i could remember...so its difficult to go against assassin...assassin has almost all skills to counter attack blade master.

Going against assassin takes a lot of time..u can't rush .(learning patience in game haha)

And to go against assassin the easiest way is by changing ur skill of ankle biter to sundering sword(which i always forgot to)...to stop them getting into stealth...

When İ read the answers i laugh so hard. İf you read them carefully all they sayin ' You need to be perfect while sin can make 565145142 mistakes and still able to defeat you'... This is total joke dude. Let me tell you ' İf you are not a zen master of pvp or a patient god you cant win against a sin with bm'. İf they understood that u are good all they have to do is 4 steps... 1)Send kunai slow it like pile of sht 2) Run other side of the map 3) Run towards openent and go invisible 4) Stun it and repeat it till openent use his/her tab and ta daaa you have won by doing nothng... And you have to be the god to win against sin. This is what this game's problem. UNBALANCED PVP. İt is unbalanced no matter where you look. Destroyer,kfm,bm,fm cant win against sin, bm cant win against summoner, summoner cant win against destroyer, wl is shit already... So my point is in this UNBALANCED SHT PVP either you play sin,bd or scummoner or you have to play like a god with other classes to be good at pvp..

3 hours ago, Kalitas said:

When İ read the answers i laugh so hard. İf you read them carefully all they sayin ' You need to be perfect while sin can make 565145142 mistakes and still able to defeat you'... This is total joke dude. Let me tell you ' İf you are not a zen master of pvp or a patient god you cant win against a sin with bm'. İf they understood that u are good all they have to do is 4 steps... 1)Send kunai slow it like pile of sht 2) Run other side of the map 3) Run towards openent and go invisible 4) Stun it and repeat it till openent use his/her tab and ta daaa you have won by doing nothng... And you have to be the god to win against sin. This is what this game's problem. UNBALANCED PVP. İt is unbalanced no matter where you look. Destroyer,kfm,bm,fm cant win against sin, bm cant win against summoner, summoner cant win against destroyer, wl is shit already... So my point is in this UNBALANCED SHT PVP either you play sin,bd or scummoner or you have to play like a god with other classes to be good at pvp..

Dude u dont know crap.

1) fm vs sin =favors fm

Sum vs sin =sum counters sin

Lbd vs sin = lbd counter sin

Bm vs sin now that bm has all those hm skill actually even carry u.

U cry about sin n u do what ?

Wall hug n block block..pathetic.

Thats the worst play in all bns.

Btw in the video sin didnt have a chance in winning vs bm so can we say bm broken or nerf bm?

As sin i thought bm was easy prey n it was post 50 lvl now bm is a killing machine with all those hm lvls n skills.

Stop fkn cry n lvl up one n go arena n see got ur self.

I was loosing from fms so i lvl up 1 to learn n currently hm lvl 4.

At the start i was crying about fms but i learned.

Every class has didicult times

Fm vs bm for example fm has no chance..but depends on the player!

Archived