Language pak

Tymannistb

9 minutes ago, Draknalor said:

Personally never understood the Fascination with "Native language".

I far prefer text in english rather than swedish.

I choose english as subtitle option in shows i watch, even if swedish is also an alternative.

Nordic nations a tad different to central and eastern Europe. Even Germans and French stick to their native languages. Things are changing but where I come from at least 85% don't speak english at all in my age bracket(30+) and it's even worse for older gen. And it's not just where I come from but most of central and eastern europe are the same. I`ve met very few say polish or baltic nationals who speak more than basic english and wasn't raised in the UK or the commonwealth. I don't personally speak much better but that's completely different story.

Maybe if we can get ahold of the full text lines, one or two out of the community might be willing to translate it themselves. Would strip workload off NC and we could help maintain our game.

Yeah mainy european natives - despite knowing other languages including english - tend to stick to their tounge. Yet removing other languages do bring some perks with it: Basically speaking - co,mmunication in the game will flourish if all who play have atleast a decent exposure to english. also removing french will improve patch notes since KR>FR>EN>all other really only fails at the first part of it.

Yet I tend to overlook one detail: removing it out of context. While reasons are clear, we should get like a clean cut. Moving to UE5 for example but only porting english audio seems to be one of those instances. Heck, any who could read the letters would somehow be able to figure things out. As for voice lines - again could'Ve been smoothly swapped with engine - maybe we have some dedicated players who are interested in voicing characters in their native tounge. Possibilities are endless. Just the first step awaits.

You need to be realistic about this. The game already supports English, German and French.

Translations cost money, and time, to both create them, maintain them and test them. That would be additional money that people would not be willing to spend seeing as english is a universal language. Not to mention with treanslations would have to come additional voice overs and more space would be needed for the game itself (since xisting translation files use up at the very least 4GB of extra space per language)

While a community made translation sounds good, itd not practical, as whoever would do it would need to maintain and update it each time, and if they decide to quit its left to rot. So that will never happen in itself.

Generally speaking, I can see why people would want it, but I see no benefit of having it honestly. That time is better spent fixing and updating things where its needed. Though translations would fall under Brett and give him more work 😄

Edited by Grimoir