Where and how to farm?

Machence

Hi,

PVE section is all but dead and I can't see any useful info at all. Now that I finished the story and whatever I could from the side story, I simply don't know where to farm, or what. Obviously bar 1 all solo dungeons are nearly impossible to do anything in there with just campaign gear. Obviously I don't really do daily challenges because well, I simply can't >.<  And on top of that there isn't many on my gear rank to do anything that is worth doing...

I plan to pump some cash and buy upsurge thingy and work on this thing but weapon is just a tiny piece of the whole picture. Some would say just wait for soul boost but this will take forever until I manage something from it. What else is there and what are the options?

They could`ve made easy mode on solo dungeons at least somewhat doable. Obviously if you`re with Pink grade gear they would be, but how a new or returning player is supposed to farm? Probably there is a way but I just can't find it 🙂 

The gap between campaign gear and whatever fancy pinky stuff people  need is too huge. Seems like the game have changed way too much. Last I played BnS difference between casuals and up to date was, the former where doing the 6 man version and the later the 4 man. Gap wasn't as huge as now. 

Wherever I go it seems like the least hp mobs have is 100 mil 🙂

What is worth having from cash shop aside from premium? This battle pass look fancy but I'm rather sceptical I can make a use of it. 

Thanks in advance,

19 minutes ago, Machence said:

Hi,

PVE section is all but dead and I can't see any useful info at all. Now that I finished the story and whatever I could from the side story, I simply don't know where to farm, or what. Obviously bar 1 all solo dungeons are nearly impossible to do anything in there with just campaign gear. Obviously I don't really do daily challenges because well, I simply can't >.<  And on top of that there isn't many on my gear rank to do anything that is worth doing...

I plan to pump some cash and buy upsurge thingy and work on this thing but weapon is just a tiny piece of the whole picture. Some would say just wait for soul boost but this will take forever until I manage something from it. What else is there and what are the options?

They could`ve made easy mode on solo dungeons at least somewhat doable. Obviously if you`re with Pink grade gear they would be, but how a new or returning player is supposed to farm? Probably there is a way but I just can't find it 🙂 

The gap between campaign gear and whatever fancy pinky stuff people  need is too huge. Seems like the game have changed way too much. Last I played BnS difference between casuals and up to date was, the former where doing the 6 man version and the later the 4 man. Gap wasn't as huge as now. 

What is worth having from cash shop aside from premium? This battle pass look fancy but I'm rather sceptical I can make a use of it. 

Thanks in advance,

Hi! 😄
Here's a quick guide that will get you going:

If you have finished story, then you can do easy mode / stage1 dungeons just fine. Ofc with a team that is, don't try to solo them 🙂 In the EU you can find teams in F8 really fast.

• NCSOFT
7 hours ago, Hungibungi said:

There are some things that are wrong in the guide and hasn't been corrected yet, I would suggest going through the comments as well

Tell me which ones via DM because I already added all the information from the various comments (and also the old forum thread where I requested info for a guide).

19 hours ago, Machence said:

Hi,

Thanks in advance,

Ill give you a quick rundown on things to focus on but I'm sure most of them are already mentioned in every guide. Being someone who came back to the game 3 months ago after being away from years, these are the steps I took. Just remember to take this game as a journey and not a marathon. You will not have everything in a week and although best gear is easy to come by, upgrading it and every other upgrade will take weeks, even months of game time.

Most important, finish MSQ (as you have) and jump straight into finishing the Soul Boost, this can not be stated enough. With out soul boost gear, you will not do any damage in this game. As you are reading this, it might be too late to finish current soul boost to level 48 but do not worry, next one probably coming February 8th and it will be alot better than the current one.

Soul boost will give you all the gear upgrades, gems, psyches (Save psyches for Starcross accessories or even for Oculus), soul, heart, etc. You get the jist. Once you have all that, you should be around 2,8k Boss AP. Not great but not terrible. For few weeks of doing soul boost, it's pretty good progress.

Don't ignore Compound system. Soul boost will give you 300 Power compund accessories. Toss them all in there. Soul boost will also give you etching stones for your compound system. Start filling up your compound system now. Ideally as fresh player, you will want to aim for Purple tier rolls that give Mystic. Best to just take blue Mystic rolls at first while you fill all the slots. This blue and purple talk might not make sense now but it will once you start to fiddle around in compound system. Perfect rolls for you would be Mystic and then added with Crit damage or Boss AP... but just try to get mystic for now. End-game players will prefer Debuff damage but you are far from benefiting from that.

Soul boost will give you Soul Shield set and crit primer. PUT THOSE CRIT PRIMERS ON YOUR SOUL SHIELD. It's critical.

Put all the soul boost given psyches on your soul, heart, pet and talisman. Save the badge ones for now. As well as save the weapon ones for now (you use them once you have best badges and weapons)

Start doing dailys. Ideally you want more than 1 character for that. So it doesen't hurt to make more level 60 characters and getting Soul boost gear on them, as well. Doing dailys has many benefits.

1) tons of materials

2)alot of gold (more characters doing dailys = more gold)

3)gives you unity exp, which gets us to next point

Start working on your Unity level and filling up the blue+yellow+red stones. Too lenghty system to explain but I'm sure you find guides for it. It's bit outdated boost but still, makes a world of difference for lower players.

Now once all that is being worked on. I assume you have at least 2,8k boss AP after finishing soul boost. Start by farming Grim nexus on stage 1. Get the starcross ring+earring. If you already have psyches from current Soul boost, feel free to use them on starcross ring+earring. Dont upgrade them past +6. You will eventually graduate to Oculus ring+earring but this is future stuff. Next soul boost will give you fresh psyches for your Oculus ring+earring so it's OK to waste current ones on Starcross.

Then once that is done. Start farming Chimera lab on stage 1. There you get Starcross gloves+neck. Again what I said in last paragraph, all applies here as well.

And that's basically it for now, means now we go on stand-by, while waiting for February 8th for next soul boost. Which should give next tier Soul shield set, stage 9 shadow fury weapon and many more. That means ignore getting Upsurge for now. It will be plenty of time before Upsurge becomes useful for you. If you really insist then sure get a clean +0 upsurge but DON'T upgrade it! Don't even make it +1! Don't put any psyches on it! Just keep in clean.

Feb 8 update will turn Altar of the Infinite into normal dungeon, that means it will then give Starcross belt+bracelet on very high drop rate. So wait for that.

If possible, try to get into Stage 5 Chaos Supply Chain multi runs. You will eventually run this dungeon hundreds of times. There you farm for True Poharan soul shields. Ideally you want to be 4,5k+ boss AP for multi runs.

Do your Nayul daily run (on easy mode) every day. Start collecting those Ajana (or whatever) tokens. This solo dungeon is in Solak. While in Solak, do your daily Sanctum of masters runs (very important). You can do this twice a day if you buy reset from vendor (next to the warehouse NPC in Solak). This will be your primary source of Insignias. Would be very lenghty to explain Insignias here so look up a guide on youtube maybe.

And last, if you do finish your current soul boost (tbh you still have time), by the time you reach level 48, it would have given you 150 legendary dungeon coins. Use them to buy your class specific SOUL-Badge, mind you, SOUL-badge and not mystic badge. It only cost 100 of those coins if you have premium.

Last but not least, if you have any time left-over in your day. Press F8 and go do the Darkweald AFK farm for 1 hour each day. Stack up those purple crystals. They have many benefits but eventually they serve as the best source for account but materials, such as soulstone crystals, etc.

Edited by slowcow

22 minutes ago, slowcow said:

Ill give you a quick rundown on things to focus on but I'm sure most of them are already mentioned in every guide. Being someone who came back to the game 3 months ago after being away from years, these are the steps I took. Just remember to take this game as a journey and not a marathon. You will not have everything in a week and although best gear is easy to come by, upgrading it and every other upgrade will take weeks, even months of game time.

Most important, finish MSQ (as you have) and jump straight into finishing the Soul Boost, this can not be stated enough. With out soul boost gear, you will not do any damage in this game. As you are reading this, it might be too late to finish current soul boost to level 48 but do not worry, next one probably coming February 8th and it will be alot better than the current one.

Soul boost will give you all the gear upgrades, gems, psyches (Save psyches for Starcross accessories or even for Oculus), soul, heart, etc. You get the jist. Once you have all that, you should be around 2,8k Boss AP. Not great but not terrible. For few weeks of doing soul boost, it's pretty good progress.

Don't ignore Compound system. Soul boost will give you 300 Power compund accessories. Toss them all in there. Soul boost will also give you etching stones for your compound system. Start filling up your compound system now. Ideally as fresh player, you will want to aim for Purple tier rolls that give Mystic. Best to just take blue Mystic rolls at first while you fill all the slots. This blue and purple talk might not make sense now but it will once you start to fiddle around in compound system. Perfect rolls for you would be Mystic and then added with Crit damage or Boss AP... but just try to get mystic for now. End-game players will prefer Debuff damage but you are far from benefiting from that.

Soul boost will give you Soul Shield set and crit primer. PUT THOSE CRIT PRIMERS ON YOUR SOUL SHIELD. It's critical.

Put all the soul boost given psyches on your soul, heart, pet and talisman. Save the badge ones for now. As well as save the weapon ones for now (you use them once you have best badges and weapons)

Start doing dailys. Ideally you want more than 1 character for that. So it doesen't hurt to make more level 60 characters and getting Soul boost gear on them, as well. Doing dailys has many benefits.

1) tons of materials

2)alot of gold (more characters doing dailys = more gold)

3)gives you unity exp, which gets us to next point

Start working on your Unity level and filling up the blue+yellow+red stones. Too lenghty system to explain but I'm sure you find guides for it. It's bit outdated boost but still, makes a world of difference for lower players.

Now once all that is being worked on. I assume you have at least 2,8k boss AP after finishing soul boost. Start by farming Grim nexus on stage 1. Get the starcross ring+earring. If you already have psyches from current Soul boost, feel free to use them on starcross ring+earring. Dont upgrade them past +6. You will eventually graduate to Oculus ring+earring but this is future stuff. Next soul boost will give you fresh psyches for your Oculus ring+earring so it's OK to waste current ones on Starcross.

Then once that is done. Start farming Chimera lab on stage 1. There you get Starcross gloves+neck. Again what I said in last paragraph, all applies here as well.

And that's basically it for now, means now we go on stand-by, while waiting for February 8th for next soul boost. Which should give next tier Soul shield set, stage 9 shadow fury weapon and many more. That means ignore getting Upsurge for now. It will be plenty of time before Upsurge becomes useful for you. If you really insist then sure get a clean +0 upsurge but DON'T upgrade it! Don't even make it +1! Don't put any psyches on it! Just keep in clean.

Feb 8 update will turn Altar of the Infinite into normal dungeon, that means it will then give Starcross belt+bracelet on very high drop rate. So wait for that.

If possible, try to get into Stage 5 Chaos Supply Chain multi runs. You will eventually run this dungeon hundreds of times. There you farm for True Poharan soul shields. Ideally you want to be 4,5k+ boss AP for multi runs.

Do your Nayul daily run (on easy mode) every day. Start collecting those Ajana (or whatever) tokens. This solo dungeon is in Solak. While in Solak, do your daily Sanctum of masters runs (very important). You can do this twice a day if you buy reset from vendor (next to the warehouse NPC in Solak). This will be your primary source of Insignias. Would be very lenghty to explain Insignias here so look up a guide on youtube maybe.

And last, if you do finish your current soul boost (tbh you still have time), by the time you reach level 48, it would have given you 150 legendary dungeon coins. Use them to buy your class specific SOUL-Badge, mind you, SOUL-badge and not mystic badge. It only cost 100 of those coins if you have premium.

Last but not least, if you have any time left-over in your day. Press F8 and go do the Darkweald AFK farm for 1 hour each day. Stack up those purple crystals. They have many benefits but eventually they serve as the best source for account but materials, such as soulstone crystals, etc.

Now that is very useful info. Thank you so much for that.

*Unfortunately my soul boost is still on stage 1 and I need at least 5 days more to finish the log in.

*I found a good deal on true pink weapon and the guy is willing to wait for me couple days(lost my card somewhere and waiting for the new one). Surely there isn't anything better at the moment, right? I was planning to try make it +6 for the time being. 

* I intend to get the battle plaque and pump some potions as I`ll not be able to do much in the missions. I was told by a vet that this thing is worth having.

* I do master daily but campaign gear is rubbish and I manage just about 8 waves, for now. 

* Didn't know about the Darkweald AFK and the other solo dungeon. I`ll give it a try. Currently I just do Mushin Tower comfortably. Took a few tries to learn the 20th floor final boss but he's easy enough.

* I guess I`ll have to wait until I can do some exp dailies to pump my HM lvl( currently almost lvl 17)

* I have just one alt which I'm slowly getting to 60(57 HM 10 atm). Perhaps I`ll make another. Whilst waiting to restore my account, I made an archer to try the game. Really fun class to play and I may make another. 

* until recently I was using Yeti/ Asura SS mix and True Scorpion weapon 😛 Hopefully I unlock from Soul Boost the next SS before it expires. 

What's the purpose of F8? Even cold storage require higher than campaign weapon and I was doing this thing 6.5 years ago. Madness. 

don't tell me you will pay the weapon with real money, to upgrade it you will need more then a few days to get the materials needed, whats the hurry

you get Grand Celestial weapon from story and the materials to upgrade it further, with that weapon you can do any easy mode dungeon or stg1 demonsbane together with others, there are many posting in faction chat / zone chat Ajanara

24 minutes ago, Machence said:

*Unfortunately my soul boost is still on stage 1 and I need at least 5 days more to finish the log in.

*I found a good deal on true pink weapon and the guy is willing to wait for me couple days(lost my card somewhere and waiting for the new one). Surely there isn't anything better at the moment, right? I was planning to try make it +6 for the time being. 

* I intend to get the battle plaque and pump some potions as I`ll not be able to do much in the missions. I was told by a vet that this thing is worth having.

* I do master daily but campaign gear is rubbish and I manage just about 8 waves, for now. 

* Didn't know about the Darkweald AFK and the other solo dungeon. I`ll give it a try. Currently I just do Mushin Tower comfortably. Took a few tries to learn the 20th floor final boss but he's easy enough.

* I guess I`ll have to wait until I can do some exp dailies to pump my HM lvl( currently almost lvl 17)

* I have just one alt which I'm slowly getting to 60(57 HM 10 atm). Perhaps I`ll make another. Whilst waiting to restore my account, I made an archer to try the game. Really fun class to play and I may make another. 

* until recently I was using Yeti/ Asura SS mix and True Scorpion weapon 😛 Hopefully I unlock from Soul Boost the next SS before it expires. 

What's the purpose of F8? Even cold storage require higher than campaign weapon and I was doing this thing 6.5 years ago. Madness. 

It takes 12 or 14 days, not sure, to finish current soul boost so realistically you could still finish it before February 8th. But even getting to level 23 which is basically just daily login and few dungeons is enough for the accessories, some gems and decent'ish soul shield.

Im not sure I read you right. Did you find a seller for True Upsurge weapon? Or just normal Upsurge weapon? Either way, Upsurge is incredibly expensive to upgrade and takes alot of prior farming (need to farm stage 5+ grim nexus for essences) and is generally not recommended choice. What most people do is, they get a Stage 9 shadow fury weapon (which we get for free come next soul boost) and make it +11. It's RNG and not cheap by any means to make +11 Shadow Fury stage 9, but it's still whole lot cheaper than upgrading Upsurge weapon from zero. Once people have made +11 Shadow Fury stage 9, they then take a CLEAN (note, clean!!!) Upsurge weapon and sacrifice their +11 shadow fury stage 9 to make their clean Upsurge weapon into +11 Upsurge weapon.

To do this succession the Upsurge weapon absolutely has to be clean. Meaning +0 and no psyches. Even if you make it +1, then it means you can no longer use succession for that weapon and it's kind of... trash...

But if you use real money to buy TRUE Upsurge... well... just know this is the most expensive weapon in the game to upgrade and even getting that to +6 is a wallet breaker.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Machence said:

I see you haven't read a single word from my guide. That's a shame, really.
First of all, campaign gear is NOT rubbish, it is way more than enough to do easy mode and stage 1. From there you can get starcross accessories, which are the second best in slot.
Second of all, DO NOT buy True upsurge weapons for real life money, especially because of the way you described it. Be careful, this is an official forum and the way you described it is RMT, which is highly illegal. In case you meant to trade it in f9, which would take days if not weeks to trade that much gold and after that you will be stuck with an almost useless weapon as you don't have upsurge essences to upgrade it with.
Third of all, battle passes have been a questinable choice for a while now, as the value is getting worse every time. Not sure about the current one, but doubt it got any better, especially that you can only finish it if you buy extra levels.
Fourth of all, why were you using that weapon? I don't remember anymore, but I am almost 100% certain that a thornbreaker stage 3 is way better than that weapon and you get it while doing story (you get a Grand Celestial Stage 3 that you can upgrade to Thornbreaker Stage 3, from there you upgrade with SoulBoost).
Fifth of all, since you get Thornbreaker Stage 3 after finishing story + upgrading GC you can do Cold Storage just fine. 
Sixth of all, just do SoulBoost, there's no reason not to. Also as a sidenote, if you do not reach a certain level, you will be locked out of the next soulboost, as it will most likely have upgrade tokens for the tier above what you have now (aka you would need to upgrade a full tier before you can use the tokens). Believe me, it is really bad. I had to upgrade a full tier on my talisman to use the tokens in current soulboost, because my character had 1 tier worse than what the story gives now.

13 minutes ago, slowcow said:

It takes 12 or 14 days, not sure, to finish current soul boost so realistically you could still finish it before February 8th. But even getting to level 23 which is basically just daily login and few dungeons is enough for the accessories, some gems and decent'ish soul shield.

Im not sure I read you right. Did you find a seller for True Upsurge weapon? Or just normal Upsurge weapon? Either way, Upsurge is incredibly expensive to upgrade and takes alot of prior farming (need to farm stage 5+ grim nexus for essences) and is generally not recommended choice. What most people do is, they get a Stage 9 shadow fury weapon (which we get for free come next soul boost) and make it +11. It's RNG and not cheap by any means to make +11 Shadow Fury stage 9, but it's still whole lot cheaper than upgrading Upsurge weapon from zero. Once people have made +11 Shadow Fury stage 9, they then take a CLEAN (note, clean!!!) Upsurge weapon and sacrifice their +11 shadow fury stage 9 to make their clean Upsurge weapon into +11 Upsurge weapon.

To do this succession the Upsurge weapon absolutely has to be clean. Meaning +0 and no psyches. Even if you make it +1, then it means you can no longer use succession for that weapon and it's kind of... trash...

But if you use real money to buy TRUE Upsurge... well... just know this is the most expensive weapon in the game to upgrade and even getting that to +6 is a wallet breaker.

Yeah well. As you said it's a marathon not a sprint. And yes, I was talking about True Upsurge weapon. Surely wouldn't take more than couple millions to get it to decent +? Well with my MMO luck probably an extra million or so. With the current prices, this isn't that much of cash to be fair. Game is far cheaper than it used to be. I`ve spend hundreds on the trove back in the day for the 2 unique gems and I couldn't even get enough materials to upgrade from Purple to Legendary HM weapon back then. And it wasn't for lack of trying... I'm not a whale and I'm not like some I used to play with spending couple grands a month but I do spend dosh in my hobbies. From what I was told, I`ll need about 2 mil for accessories upgrades( once I get them which wouldn't be anytime soon) and I guess another couple for weapon.  

21 minutes ago, lillvargen said:

don't tell me you will pay the weapon with real money, to upgrade it you will need more then a few days to get the materials needed, whats the hurry

you get Grand Celestial weapon from story and the materials to upgrade it further, with that weapon you can do any easy mode dungeon or stg1 demonsbane together with others, there are many posting in faction chat / zone chat Ajanara

Except you don't. From stage 3 to stage 4 you need 13 orange essence something and I have one. Admittedly I have not finished the side campaigns requiring to finish the 12 people dungeons(total 3 of them). I tried to sneak in one last night for Steelbreak something but I was told I don't have enough gear, er....

Just now, Hungibungi said:

I see you haven't read a single word from my guide. That's a shame, really.
First of all, campaign gear is NOT rubbish, it is way more than enough to do easy mode and stage 1. From there you can get starcross accessories, which are the second best in slot.
Second of all, DO NOT buy True upsurge weapons for real life money, especially because of the way you described it. Be careful, this is an official forum and the way you described it is RMT, which is highly illegal. In case you meant to trade it in f9, which would take days if not weeks to trade that much gold and after that you will be stuck with an almost useless weapon as you don't have upsurge essences to upgrade it with.
Third of all, battle passes have been a questinable choice for a while now, as the value is getting worse every time. Not sure about the current one, but doubt it got any better, especially that you can only finish it if you buy extra levels.
Fourth of all, why were you using that weapon? I don't remember anymore, but I am almost 100% certain that a thornbreaker stage 3 is way better than that weapon and you get it while doing story (you get a Grand Celestial Stage 3 that you can upgrade to Thornbreaker Stage 3, from there you upgrade with SoulBoost).
Fifth of all, since you get Thornbreaker Stage 3 after finishing story + upgrading GC you can do Cold Storage just fine. 
Sixth of all, just do SoulBoost, there's no reason not to. Also as a sidenote, if you do not reach a certain level, you will be locked out of the next soulboost, as it will most likely have upgrade tokens for the tier above what you have now (aka you would need to upgrade a full tier before you can use the tokens). Believe me, it is really bad. I had to upgrade a full tier on my talisman to use the tokens in current soulboost, because my character had 1 tier worse than what the story gives now.

Did I said i`ll buy it for cash money? I have not, did I? I`ll get it with gold, which i`ll get with cash. That's not illegal. 

I`ve read your guide even before posting here. Your guide is useful but it's mainly focused on soul boost and months of waiting for the handouts. Which is fine.  The purpose of this topic was slightly different. It was more about here and now and not the final picture of what your guide is for. No disrespect , just wanted to see if there is anything that I can do NOW to kill some time and farm something useful with what I got. Currently I do few dailies and I read The Times on my phone for the next 2 hours.... I can't do much about the soul boost as I'm on page 1. Do the last chapter of campaign and log in 10 times. Can't speed this bit out. I would`ve focused on say zen beans and all that if was an option but it seems it's not anymore. 

As I said, I`ve read not just your guide but others as well. Just wanted to see if there is something to be done at the meantime. You never know what's possible until you ask. 

13 minutes ago, Machence said:

Did I said i`ll buy it for cash money? I have not, did I? I`ll get it with gold, which i`ll get with cash. That's not illegal. 

I`ve read your guide even before posting here. Your guide is useful but it's mainly focused on soul boost and months of waiting for the handouts. Which is fine.  The purpose of this topic was slightly different. It was more about here and now and not the final picture of what your guide is for. No disrespect , just wanted to see if there is anything that I can do NOW to kill some time and farm something useful with what I got. Currently I do few dailies and I read The Times on my phone for the next 2 hours.... I can't do much about the soul boost as I'm on page 1. Do the last chapter of campaign and log in 10 times. Can't speed this bit out. I would`ve focused on say zen beans and all that if was an option but it seems it's not anymore. 

As I said, I`ve read not just your guide but others as well. Just wanted to see if there is something to be done at the meantime. You never know what's possible until you ask. 

If you are determined, you can farm out the Starcross set at +6 with the Soulshield set in 2-3 days (except belt and gloves). If you plan to pay, then you can make them +16 instead (or +20 if you go all out). With those you can easily do Stage 5 demonsbane. From there you get the oculus accessories -> do succession -> make them +20. Oculus +20 is not the actual bis set, but since the True accessories are almost impossible to get, you can consider your accessories maxed (except belt and gloves, you will either need to wait until the next dungeon drops, or go for Starcross ones). I wouldn't recommend upgrading your heart,soul etc until you finish the next soulboost, as it is really expensive and would get it for free in a month. But if you like whaling and there is still offers left in F9, go for it now.
Easy maxed bis accessory set in a few days 🙂

As for the True Upsurge weapon... I doubt you can get enough gold from F9 in a short time, unless you buy gold at an absurdly high rate. And I think (not 100% sure on this one), you can't whale for upsurge essences (or at least not for enough to make an impact, you need thousands if u wanna max it out).

Edited by Hungibungi

15 minutes ago, Hungibungi said:

If you are determined, you can farm out the Starcross set at +6 with the Soulshield set in 2-3 days (except belt and gloves). If you plan to pay, then you can make them +16 instead (or +20 if you go all out). With those you can easily do Stage 5 demonsbane. From there you get the oculus accessories -> do succession -> make them +20. Oculus +20 is not the actual bis set, but since the True accessories are almost impossible to get, you can consider your accessories maxed (except belt and gloves, you will either need to wait until the next dungeon drops, or go for Starcross ones). I wouldn't recommend upgrading your heart,soul etc until you finish the next soulboost, as it is really expensive and would get it for free in a month. But if you like whaling and there is still offers left in F9, go for it now. 

As for the True Upsurge weapon... I doubt you can get enough gold from F9 in a short time, unless you buy gold at an absurdly high rate. And I think (not 100% sure on this one), you can't whale for upsurge essences (or at least not for enough to make an impact, you need thousands if u wanna max it out).

I`ll not go full out. Weapon I'm aware is long process. But even at early stage looks good. It's just a weapon you slowly develop. Like old HM weapons. I`ll upgrade just enough to be able to enjoy a tad more content. As I said currently isn't much I can do with what I got and there isn't a steady wave of new players to do somewhat outdated not trendy content. I`ve seen 2 groups for 12 people dungeons in the last few days and at both cases my gear wasn't acceptable. In the past you could just jump F8 or arena and do something if you have nothing to do, hell even soul stone plains were an option for some moonstones or whatever they were called. Now it doesn't seems to be case. 

Thank you for your advice. Much appreciated.

Edited by Machence

3 minutes ago, Machence said:

I`ll not go full out. Weapon I'm aware is long process. But even at early stage looks good. It's just a weapon you slowly develop. Like old HM weapons. I`ll upgrade just enough to be able to enjoy a tad more content. As I said currently isn't much I can do with what I got and there isn't a steady wave of new players to do somewhat outdated not trendy content. I`ve seen 2 groups for 12 people dungeons in the last few days and at both cases my gear wasn't acceptable. In the past you could just jump F8 or arena and do something if you have nothing to do, hell even soul stone plains were an option for some moonstones or whatever they were called. Now it doesn't seems to be case. 

Thank you for your advice. Much appreciated.

Are you playing on NA or EU?
On EU you can hop into F8 and find a group for pretty much everything (except stage 5+) in max 1-2 mins. Same with raids, people accept everyone into the weekly challange ones. Use World/Faction chat for hard mode / stage 5 (or higher) stages, use F8 for easy mode and stage 1-5 demonsbane. With older content it might be hard to find people, as there's no reason to do them even if you are new/returner. There's an exception with soulboost dungeons, those are still popular in chat, if you don't see anyone looking for a group, start 1 yourself with 'Soulboost dungeons 1/4' or something similar.
On NA from what I heard you gotta use chat for everything.

Just now, Hungibungi said:

Are you playing on NA or EU?
On EU you can hop into F8 and find a group for pretty much everything (except stage 5+) in max 1-2 mins. Same with raids, people accept everyone into the weekly challange ones. Use World/Faction chat for hard mode / stage 5 (or higher) stages, use F8 for easy mode and stage 1-5 demonsbane. With older content it might be hard to find people, as there's no reason to do them even if you are new/returner. There's an exception with soulboost dungeons, those are still popular in chat, if you don't see anyone looking for a group, start 1 yourself with 'Soulboost dungeons 1/4' or something similar.
On NA from what I heard you gotta use chat for everything.

F8 is useless in my case. Even 7 years old content require higher weapon than what I got. And yes, I do play in Europe.

I just changed from Blue to Red last night so perhaps it will be different as Blue is dead.

1 minute ago, Machence said:

F8 is useless in my case. Even 7 years old content require higher weapon than what I got. And yes, I do play in Europe.

I just changed from Blue to Red last night so perhaps it will be different as Blue is dead.

What did you do with your free Grand Celestial Stage 3 weapon?
But whatever, you can get one from the Inventory->Transmute menu. If I remember correctly you get a Stage 1 weapon, but you can upgrade it to Stage 3 relatively easily, from there you can upgrade it to Thornbreaker Stage 3 for free with upgrade materials that you can get from Inventory->Dragon Express. I can't check exactly what their names are as the servers are down, but I think you can find them easily.

2 minutes ago, Hungibungi said:

What did you do with your free Grand Celestial Stage 3 weapon?
But whatever, you can get one from the Inventory->Transmute menu. If I remember correctly you get a Stage 1 weapon, but you can upgrade it to Stage 3 relatively easily, from there you can upgrade it to Thornbreaker Stage 3 for free with upgrade materials that you can get from Inventory->Dragon Express. I can't check exactly what their names are as the servers are down, but I think you can find them easily.

I'm using the exact same weapon currently. Just is not enough. Perhaps I`ve missed the bit where you can upgrade celestal to the one you said.

Just now, Machence said:

I'm using the exact same weapon currently. Just is not enough. Perhaps I`ve missed the bit where you can upgrade celestal to the one you said.

Then you should be good to go. Cold Storage and Heaven's Mandate are daily dungeons, you won't miss much by not doing them. You should farm the 2 top Easy Mode dungeons that give the Starcross accessory boxes. CS and HM were made more difficult, because we got a better loot table for them a while ago (they are just a dmg sponges anyways).

7 minutes ago, Hungibungi said:

Then you should be good to go. Cold Storage and Heaven's Mandate are daily dungeons, you won't miss much by not doing them. You should farm the 2 top Easy Mode dungeons that give the Starcross accessory boxes. CS and HM were made more difficult, because we got a better loot table for them a while ago (they are just a dmg sponges anyways).

Celestial isn't enough for anything in F8. I can't queue with it for any dungeon. I give cold storage as an example.

3 minutes ago, lillvargen said:

just go in and press + inside the prelobby

I think that's not needed either. Only CS and HM needs Thornbreaker, others need GC Stage 3... Unless I am missing something 😄

But then again, just upgrade to Thornbraker Stage 3 with the upgrade mats in Dragon Express once maint is over 🙂

Edited by Hungibungi
added a line

4 minutes ago, lillvargen said:

I think they've made everything thornbreaker, but yea I'm not sure

either way that is fix for not being able to lfp in f8 straight away

Yeah celestial +6 or this thornbreaker +3 or more. I`ll have to find the npc that upgrades to thornbreaker, if not I`ll just wait until tomorrow or Friday. Hopefully the post service is done with their strike and I`ll get my new bank card l this week. 

10 minutes ago, Machence said:

Just checked Transmute tab. There is no option to upgrade celestial to thornbreaker. Just stage 1 celestial box. 

If this is a thing, where does I need to go ?

Inventory -> Dragon Express -> Second tab
C3L49gX.png
But check whether you have these 1st, as you might get them from story or something, can't remember sadly :c
To upgrade your weapon, left click on it -> Manage Equipment -> Select the Forgestone option to upgrade