The Finish Line is always pushed back...

Kittyaura

...With a ATK well over 3,000 now, I got reamed today in Heaven's Mandate and Cold Storage. Been soloing those since my ATK was 700... Seems that the finish line is always pushed back. I could still do Celestial basin and Chaos Supply Chain, so it was extremely disappointing that HM and CS were made so difficult. Easy is no linger remotely Easy. The last few updates, my character has gone from doing 7-10 dailys to 5 to now, 3-4... Not sure what the Developer's goals are in this game and sure would not want to be a new player, Spent a lot of time and materials enchanting my equipment the last month, especially Boss Attack power, all to no avail...

...I could see a certain percentage of difficulty raised, but when it goes from just  few seconds to win to total failure, I wonder how that improves the game and attracts new players, or encourages current veterans to continue on?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kittyaura said:

...With a ATK well over 3,000 now, I got reamed today in Heaven's Mandate and Cold Storage. Been soloing those since my ATK was 700... Seems that the finish line is always pushed back. I could still do Celestial basin and Chaos Supply Chain, so it was extremely disappointing that HM and CS were made so difficult. Easy is no linger remotely Easy. The last few updates, my character has gone from doing 7-10 dailys to 5 to now, 3-4... Not sure what the Developer's goals are in this game and sure would not want to be a new player, Spent a lot of time and materials enchanting my equipment the last month, especially Boss Attack power, all to no avail...

...I could see a certain percentage of difficulty raised, but when it goes from just  few seconds to win to total failure, I wonder how that improves the game and attracts new players, or encourages current veterans to continue on?

Well CS and HM was never created as Solo Dungeon tbh so when youre not "Strong" engh to go solo press the lfp Button? 🙂

• Like 2

...I might add that I was autokilled, not defeated by having no HP left by the Boss, so the game update beat my character, not the Boss....really takes you out of the game setting...as for LFP, when one has been soloing a dungeon for a couple of years and dominating it, and then this happens in both, when I am far stronger than when I STARTED soloing them(700 ATP then- 3010 now), its more than annoying. Mind you, this is on the Easy setting...

...Are we not supposed to be "The Hongmoon Hero"? Heir to the teachings of Master Hong? I also soloed Chaos Supply Chain(to level 4 late stage), Dreamsong Theater, Sandstone Temple, Drowning Deeps and some others. If you think about the storyline as presented, we are alone, the last Hongmoon warrior, heir to the empty Hongmoon School, with no students in the school, no sidekick...

...So, despite my many technical shortcomings, I take some pride that I can do as well as I am able, but when the devs raise the difficulty as they do, with no in game reasoning behind it, it does tick me off... Currently working on raising my Boss Attack power, hoping to get to to 4,000 someday.. sigh... Not a skilled player, just an enthusiastic keyboard and button pushing hack... Hate to go LFP again after so long.. sigh... Thanks for your likes...

autokilled probably by enrage or not doing the mechs needed if you don't kill it fast

anyways, I didn't find anything about CS and HM being buffed with this patch, only Koldrak

so rip doing Koldrak on multiple characters for daily run and rip doing a quick CS and HM last minute run on alts

....Given time, its possible, like I say, but, we get "timed" out, so, a level playing field is not present. What's even odder, and this surprised the holy Sh** out of me today.. Is that today I soloed Hollows Heart-I don't know which of us was more surprised, me or the giant spider when that Boss fight was won... And even more shocking to me, a humble, lousy mechanical, depending on firepower Firegunner kitty, was that I soloed Cathedral Cliffs!!!!.. That was a shock...

...Now, I have seen the videos where the really good players do these things and even greater deeds while even giving instructions, and I admire them greatly for their skill and knowledge of timing, but for me, who cannot even do Heaven's Mandate and Cold Storage in my current state, well, to me,  beating these dungeons and their bosses is quite an accomplishment...

...I'm spending time now lately, seeing what I can do, rather than butting my head against what I can no longer do, and gaining experience and goods and some gold, and, hopefully, I can learn a few things along the way as well, to apply to the dungeons I am having difficulty with now. We'll see...

...But today, was a good day... In the words of Llenn Chan in GunGale Online---WHOOOHOOO!

22 hours ago, Green Storm said:

Hi @Kittyaura Is there any way you can share a video of one of your HM or CS runs ending like this? Right now it's hard to help because we're unsure what the issue could be. If you don't want it to be public, you can send it to me via DM.

...Hi Green Storm... Thank you for your post and interest in my issue... Frankly, I have never videoed a gaming experience before, but am looking into what I need to do so. Although I have been gaming since home computers were first invented, (my first computer was an Atari 400- 48K state of the art) 🙂 ... There is still so much to explore and learn about computer gaming, and online gaming in particular... Now I have a Ryzen 7 PC, and its so much fun...

...Again, thanks, and I will see what I can put together...

The updated Heavens mandate might be a bit hard/might take a few minutes to solo unless you have geared up a bit more, but you cant solo cold storage on 3k Ap?

Can you show your gear, because i definetly soloed cold storage on my Soulboost alt who doesnt even have full skystealer gear yet.

Did you get instakilled on the first phase or the 2nd phase?

If its on the second phase, it might be the "World Breaker" mech which wipes you. (I havnt tested it on the reworked heavens mandate if it really wipes you, because i do the mechs out of habit whenwhen they happen)

Hm i too am really confused cold storage boss has 2 billion HP that still really isint a ton. As long as your stay close so you don’t get ranged checked and doing the basic mechs then you should be dying or having issues.

and imo I feel the buffs to HM and CS are a step in the right direction, we have been spoiled in this game for too long with content being way to easy.

I feel it’s a good start having players use brain cells again when doing dailies and learning the mechs instead of face rolling everything. 🙂

I'm not entirely sure but it looks like CS only drops a single feather, while HM may drop a bit more than that.

It's pretty useless to clear it without a group (and then still pretty useless at all, unless you're making some oils).