Any way to fix wonky lighting/colors? (Too bright and pale)

SmolBurrito

I'm a returning player—haven't played since before the graphics update.  I logged on and I almost immediately noticed that the colors and lighting look... bad. It's too bright and a bit washed out, and my character looks too pale. Some areas/angles even make him look like a vampire, which is insane. Is there any way I could fix this? Or do I just have to deal with it? I really hate how pale it made my character. 😟 I tried adjusting the brightness setting and such and it didn't help.

Pictured is an old screenshot compared to the present.

Screenshot_200214_001.jpgScreenshot00006.jpgScreenshot00005.jpg

Not really. There's some config files you can mess with, but it's not feasible to fully reach UE3. However, KR did get a update on May 18th that greatly improved the graphics and lighting which may fix your problem. Twitter user Craig_Chan_ reported on it back then. I can't see us not getting it at some point, maybe with Bard?

• Like 1

On 8/25/2022 at 11:12 AM, DenialOfTruth said:

Not really. There's some config files you can mess with, but it's not feasible to fully reach UE3. However, KR did get a update on May 18th that greatly improved the graphics and lighting which may fix your problem. Twitter user Craig_Chan_ reported on it back then. I can't see us not getting it at some point, maybe with Bard?

ahh, okay. thanks for the reply!

9 hours ago, Unya said:

I know after the UE4 update, I immediately disabled "Bloom" in Graphics -> Advanced Settings. I don't know if this might address your issue.

no, i messed with all that stuff. nothing really helped at all. u_u ty though!