A few suggestions

DyoxEvo

I want to give a few suggestions regarding improving the quality of life in the game.

Overhaul the items dropped and sold by vendors in the Ebon Realm and The Primewald map, a substantiable part of all the items are obsolete.

Increase the Hongmoon Arts XP gained in general from common monsters and bosses on open maps and instances.

Put Skystealer Crystal Chest on the regular dynamic quests from instances and have more skystealer crystals in daily quests

Put some sort of way to upgrade Hongmoon Etching Stones such as for example using Hongmoon Etching Stones and materials to turn it into a Burnished Hongmoon Etching Stone.

Make general, not time limited excluding outfits, from Hongmoon Stone that can be bought with NCoin, tradable.

Overhaul the price of the items in Today's Specials and the Hongmoon Store in general and add other items.

Put a rotation of outfits and weapon illusions on the Hongmoon Stone, while I know this is sometimes done, some outfits and weapon illusions never appear there at all.

Put some sort of wiki in the game itself so newer players can be informed more easily.

Put all the relevant information on the patch notes, for example in the last patch, quite some fixes/changes were not written there.

Increase the drop chance of Challenger's Token in Hard Mode The Aerodrome and Substratum, and add it to the drop list of the other current instances with hard mode available in the cross-server lobby, Starstone Mines, Ebondrake Lair, Ransacked Treasury and Forest of Echoes and Demonsbane instances.

Add Dungeon Master Selection Chest, Dungeon Master Adornment Selection Chest, Elite Dungeon Master Outfit Selection Chest, Elite Dungeon Master Adornment Selection Chest, Sanctum Breakthrough Selection Chest and Dungeon Master Weapon Selection Chest to Starstone Mines, Ebondrake Lair, Ransacked Treasury and Forest of Echoes, The Aerodrome, Substratum and the current and future released Demonsbane instances.

Put some sort of exchange in a vendor to trade scales and materials of a higher tier to a lower tier, for example, Shimmering Scales to Nocturnal Scales and Radiant/Shadowed Starcross Stone Fragment to Skystealer Crystals.

Overhaul the items dropped, items sold by vendors and dynamic quests of the Midnight Skypetal Plains raid.

Overhaul older instances.

Increase the gold gained overall from instances and raids, or decrease the gold needed to upgrade mythical items.

Show the upgrade chance of mythical items on the upgrade menu rather than just on the website.

Put Ravenfall and Ravenfall Mask to be sold on a vendor with achievement requirement, the same way the outfits of Temple of Eluvium and Nightfall Sanctuary are on vendors.

Create another content to play other than just Demonsbane instances, Demonsbane instances are fine but it's all that's been released for some time.

Increase the chance of upgrading mythical items overall and increase the evolution progress gained when failed to upgrade, the new Dawnbright Mystic Badge for example was quite an improvement compared to upgrading Starcross accessories or Upsurge weapon.

Put a way to report players for cheating/bug exploiting in-game and actually check if there is cheating/bug exploiting involved or not.

Overhaul the clan system.

Put Etherial Vials in the drop list of Starstone Mines, Ebondrake Lair, Ransacked Treasury, Demonsbane instances and increase the drop chance in the current instances that it drops.

Decrease the price of Level 60 Character Boost Voucher, it costs more than 90 days premium membership.

Remove those "Worthy" pieces of gear from rng chests coins in the dragon express, such as the Jade Dynasty Coin tab now and put the regular version of those, paying for an item that you cannot upgrade or cannot upgrade for a while is not proper, and regarding that tab, some prices are absurd and need change, for example, paying 300 to 1200 Jade Dynasty Coins, which means from 30 to 120 Sparkling Jade Dynasty Chests , for Shadow Fury Soul Shield set pieces, which are not even endgame gear,

if you cannot figure it out why this is absurd I do not know what to tell you.

Put images for certain pieces of gear in Character Info that are missing, those being Poharan Soul Shield, True Poharan Soul Shield, Upsurge weapon, True Upsurge weapon, dyad gilded octagonal gems, Dawnbright Amulet, all Starcross accessories, True accessories, Manifest Soul, Zealous Heart, Uproar Pet Aura and Dawnbright Mystic Badge.

Add some way to reasonably get raid resets and bonus reward/limited dynamic quest resets.

Overhaul the Unity Store

Reduce the prices of XP charms in Celestial Basin, add Celestial Basin Treasure Key and add more items to the vendor such as scales and other crystals, remove Celestial Basin Treasure Key from the drop list of common monsters in Celestial Basin and add Celestial Basin Treasure Key to the quests that reward Celestial Peaches, this

would reduce the majority of botting and it would be more rewarding to do the quests.

Add Scale Fragment Support Chests to more instances.

Have someone make streams or videos to show upcoming updates, someone or some people well-informed about the game in a general capacity.

Edited by DyoxEvo
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, DyoxEvo said:

Have someone make streams or videos to show upcoming updates, someone or some people well-informed about the game in a general capacity.

that is also very necessary to know the mechanics and not have to be guessing if it were not for the bns community it would be almost impossible to learn the mechanics and I also help by making videos for the Latin community about these mechanics but this should be an obligation on the part of bns and not having to be looking for information.

• Like 1

Quite a few of these I agree with. Currently if one was to do all F8 dungeons, they'd get a grand total of 12 Scale Fragment Support chests, plus 6 from Daily Challenge rewards. To put a real example, I right now need 2,380 to upgrade my Talisman all the way to True Skywatch. A little over 132 days effectively. I know I can do some older dungeons, which puts it somewhere around a total of 40-50 a day depending on RNG which would put it under 60 days to get enough, but not many people go do the older dungeons anymore.

As for Skystealer Crystals...one can get 60 a day (from 6 boxes that daily quests give you), plus an additional 20 at minimum (40 if premium) from the Login Rewards. I whole heartedly agree that it needs to be increased, possibly even doubled or tripled. Perhaps the login rewards could swap the pouches that give 4-8 each with the chests from daily quests...that alone would make it 110 (160 if premium) if the same numbers were kept just the item changed.

Edited by DenialOfTruth
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lillvargen said:

Nc isn't there to teach you mechs, you should learn those as you go, so streams for mechs is from community

The only person to mention mechs is you. In the past community managers would showcase upcoming content for the game not to show the mechs and how to do it, but what stuff looks like and expected rewards. Are you opposed to this, and if so, why?

10 hours ago, lillvargen said:

I was referring to Chilegamers post

I am not opposed to streams as long as they show whats coming up and not only showcase upcoming outfits from rng Ncoin boxes

Ah, my apologies, I missed their post completely somehow. Honestly we don't even need NCSoft to show us mechs, we know them 2+ months in advance because there's no changes done in that way from the KR version. That said, for those not in communities like Alice KR, BNS Academy, ect ect...maybe some hints in the form of streams and official videos would not be such a terrible idea but I like to think the majority of the BNS active player base is in one of those groups already.

A suggestion I guess alot of new/returning and older players looking to upgrade skystealer accessories for succession to starcross would welcome, make 3/3 reward in easy mode skystealer crystals instead of starcross crystals, starcross could be moved to normal/hard modes

2 hours ago, lillvargen said:

A suggestion I guess alot of new/returning and older players looking to upgrade skystealer accessories for succession to starcross would welcome, make 3/3 reward in easy mode skystealer crystals instead of starcross crystals, starcross could be moved to normal/hard modes

How about no. I don't have time to do hm everyday.

How about make the dynamic dynamic and let you choose stuff.

Besides if you do the math starcross "on avarage" is cheaper to upgrade unless you have upgraded skystealers already or go past 15. And you can farm 6 stages with +0 skystealers and soul boost gear.

Edited by 808068_1452549836

1 hour ago, 808068_1452549836 said:

How about no. I don't have time to do hm everyday.

How about make the dynamic dynamic and let you choose stuff.

Besides if you do the math starcross "on avarage" is cheaper to upgrade unless you have upgraded skystealers already or go past 15. And you can farm 6 stages with +0 skystealers and soul boost gear.

I dunno about that one, it cost me 20k to go from +10 to +11 on my Starcross Gloves, ignoring the stages before that. Probably like 25k total? Pretty sure I'd spend less then 25k going +15 Skystealer to get +11 Starcross.

Honestly I think my idea of just simply replacing the pouches from login bonuses with the chests that daily quests give would solve a majority of the problem. You don't want players getting ungodly gear too fast, but you don't want their progression too slow either so making it both consistent and a somewhat higher number achieves this.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2022 at 4:06 PM, DenialOfTruth said:

Honestly I think my idea of just simply replacing the pouches from login bonuses with the chests that daily quests give would solve a majority of the problem. You don't want players getting ungodly gear too fast, but you don't want their progression too slow either so making it both consistent and a somewhat higher number achieves this.

I can see what you are saying, I do think the progress now is very slow, and not farmable.

To put it into perspective, you need a total of 17395 of each type of skystealer crystals, from Starstone Mines daily quest to Substratum daily quest, you get 60 skystealer crystals of each type, which would take 290 days for each accessory, considering that there are 6 accessories, it would take a total of 104370 skystealers of each type, 1740 days in total to get all the accessories to +20.

You can "drop" skystealer crystals in low demonsbane stages, but it's not even certain or likely to get them, and even if you do it's 10 skystealer crystals.

This would not be a problem as The Aerodrome and Substratum dynamic quests were, you would always get the skystealer crystal pouch on the not limited dynamic quest, and you had the limited dynamic quest which would give the skystealer crystal pouch.

Currently those instances and the others have starcross stones now, I think adding back the skystealer crystal pouches would fix this, because it would be more crystals and you could actually farm them if you wanted to.

10 hours ago, DyoxEvo said:

I can see what you are saying, I do think the progress now is very slow, and not farmable.

To put it into perspective, you need a total of 17395 of each type of skystealer crystals, from Starstone Mines daily quest to Substratum daily quest, you get 60 skystealer crystals of each type, which would take 290 days for each accessory, considering that there are 6 accessories, it would take a total of 104370 skystealers of each type, 1740 days in total to get all the accessories to +20.

You can "drop" skystealer crystals in low demonsbane stages, but it's not even certain or likely to get them, and even if you do it's 10 skystealer crystals.

This would not be a problem as The Aerodrome and Substratum dynamic quests were, you would always get the skystealer crystal pouch on the not limited dynamic quest, and you had the limited dynamic quest which would give the skystealer crystal pouch.

Currently those instances and the others have starcross stones now, I think adding back the skystealer crystal pouches would fix this, because it would be more crystals and you could actually farm them if you wanted to.

Agreed. Either bring back old sources, increase the numbers given, or reduce the numbers needed. Those are the three solutions on the table. I can't stand the current farm and resolved to go just to +15 on my Skystealers to get +11 Starcross, making it for me at least, a mere 3,900 crystals of each type per accessory as I got them all to +11 before the update even. But if someone started from scratch it would be...6,295 of each. There's no real need to +20 things I feel and it would gain one little vs +15.

As a note, you're forgetting the at minimum 20 crystals of each type from login rewards (40 if premium) from the pouches it gives. The actual time is slightly lower because of that.

Edited by DenialOfTruth

3 hours ago, DenialOfTruth said:

Agreed. Either bring back old sources, increase the numbers given, or reduce the numbers needed. Those are the three solutions on the table. I can't stand the current farm and resolved to go just to +15 on my Skystealers to get +11 Starcross, making it for me at least, a mere 3,900 crystals of each type per accessory as I got them all to +11 before the update even. But if someone started from scratch it would be...6,295 of each. There's no real need to +20 things I feel and it would gain one little vs +15.

As a note, you're forgetting the at minimum 20 crystals of each type from login rewards (40 if premium) from the pouches it gives. The actual time is slightly lower because of that.

Yep, too much effort/time for little reward.

I did not forget, it's just that those are not always there, but yes it's true.

Another suggestion, overhaul the mythical upgrade system, this type of upgrade, including all the items that can be upgraded to +20, or +10 in case of amulets, is not appealing or enjoyable in the least since it has an near endless gold sink, the upgrade progress when failed doesn't even increase the chance of upgrading like in at least the majority of games, it just increases until it reaches 100%, to top it off the higher the level the less progress you get, this might work in the Korean server because of the amount of gold that can be gained there, but this does not work here, even if it had the same amount of gold here, I would say the majority of players do not enjoy to spend an near endless amount of gold to upgrade a level, specially since the chance of success doesn't even increase when it fails, doesn't feel rewarding or acomplishing at all, also new players that get for example skystealer accessories can't even progress regardless of gold because there isn't a reasonable big enough source of crystals, the near endless gold sink and this sort of problems make quite some people quit.

Personally I think upgrading felt more rewarding and fun to do when the hongmoon weapon and accessories were at the top of the game.