Known Issues

LordSwift

@Green StormWhats the point of this page? It shows issues from long ago that have since been resolved. Wouldn't it be good to keep some master list somewhere and consolidate it rather than copy+paste all over the place bugs new and old? Keep a list of what's currently relevant and all like how you've been doing with maintenance but maybe in some master location for all to see that's easy enough to access without digging around.

https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029319272

• Like 1

I know this is a little off topic but it's kind of a known issue as people have random experiences with the following:

https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us/articles/4406134640916-Updated-System-Requirements-for-Blade-and-Soul

Any idea when Win 11 will be officially supported? I'm sure it's not on the high priority list of things to do since the current market share of win 10 as of last month is still around ~75% but on a sharp decline vs windows 11's ~8% on a sharp incline. Compared to January the month before windows 11's market share was only at ~2% so it's rising sharply since pretty much any new PC is going to come preinstalled with it at this point. As time goes on though people will migrate and it's been released to public since early Oct last year. 

https://gs.statcounter.com/os-version-market-share/windows/desktop/worldwide

Seeing that this is the next gen OS and support for win 10 will end ~2025 

Yea that's why I'm advocating for a one stop one list place to track issues that are current and ongoing being worked toward resolving rather than a lot of old and vague stuff some of which has already been resolved. Just makes it seem like things are being addressed and actually in process to fix and are unignored.

• NCSOFT
10 minutes ago, LordSwift said:

Yea that's why I'm advocating for a one stop one list place to track issues that are current and ongoing being worked toward resolving rather than a lot of old and vague stuff some of which has already been resolved. Just makes it seem like things are being addressed and actually in process to fix and are unignored.

I started working on something like that, but it requires more work as I align the external-facing solution to our internal processes. The Known Issues I posted over the past few weeks were my first attempt to share helpful information. Yes, it's far from complete, but it helps players know some of the things we're monitoring (there are more than the list I share). It's not easy to reconcile the public AND internal aspects, especially with months of posts/bugs before the time I joined the Blade & Soul team.

Oh, and just so that nobody is surprised: I'm taking a break next week, so you won't see interactions on the forums. That being said, please behave (our moderators will keep an eye on discussions) and do continue to report bugs and share your feedback about all aspects of the game!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, LordSwift said:

Any idea when Win 11 will be officially supported? I'm sure it's not on the high priority list of things to do since the current market share of win 10 as of last month is still around ~75% but on a sharp decline vs windows 11's ~8% on a sharp incline. Compared to January the month before windows 11's market share was only at ~2% so it's rising sharply since pretty much any new PC is going to come preinstalled with it at this point. As time goes on though people will migrate and it's been released to public since early Oct last year. 

BnS works perfectly fine on windows 11, I've been using it for a few months already.

4 hours ago, Shadowfury said:

BnS works perfectly fine on windows 11, I've been using it for a few months already.

"Works fine" but still isn't supported meaning if you were to have any sort of issue with the game on Windows 11 you would get the rhetoric verbatim that it is an unsupported OS. BnS UE4 is 64 bit only as is Windows 11. Not that there won't be plans to ever support it but they even acknowledge that it should be a thing its just a matter of when. It works perfectly for me as well, actually even better than Windows 10, but there have been several that have migrated from 10 to 11 and either have been unable to run the game or have had severe performance problems. Point is the company should be quick to officially support a new OS even other f2p kmmo big name companies don't take 6 months or more to implement official support on a new OS release unless their game is so old and doesn't get any regular updates or new content. It's not a big "to do" but its also not hard to add official support and compatability especially when the next version is apart of the same numbering build sceme 10.0.xxxxx.xxxx and are literally backward compatible with each other, hence why it runs just fine if not better in many cases.

19 hours ago, Green Storm said:

The Known Issues I posted over the past few weeks were my first attempt to share helpful information. Yes, it's far from complete, but it helps players know some of the things we're monitoring (there are more than the list I share). It's not easy to reconcile the public AND internal aspects, especially with months of posts/bugs before the time I joined the Blade & Soul team.

I actually started doing something similar:

https://www.bnsbuddy.com/threads/personal-ue4-bug-tracker.2582/

It only tracks bugs in here:

I just gave up on it, as some issues are fixed without a single mention in any patch notes. E.g.:

• Stonescale Passage's mobs weapons having no textures
  • Stonescale Passage's missing texture when you get focus on you, to go through the mirror
  • Outfit names were missing
  • The horrible performance in Koldrak was mostly fixed, and the server no longer feels like it is trying to turn supernova

Others, which shouldn't exist, aren't even addressed at all in any capacity. E.g.:

• Absolutely butchered UE3->UE4 controls' translation
  • Incredibly insane use of address space by the game with lots of loading issues everywhere
    (This causes crashes with the exception codes 0xc0000005 or 0xc0000006 or 0xc0000409)
  • T-posing NPC bouncing up and down, in Grand Harvest Square
  • Lighting and shadow issues that could trigger seizures
  • Outfit names are still missing
  • The game freezes while storing a screenshot on an HDD that is in power saving mode
    (Everybody knows that IO can take an infinite time, but the game doesn't run a separated thread for saving the file, which is a HUGE no-no-no)

Then you have new ones that were introduced, a few weeks/months ago, like the damage meter bug.

There are even some UE3 bugs that exist in UE4. E.g.:

• Horrible performance after a few PVP matches
  • Falling through platforms (not reported)
  • Lots of rubberbanding when jumping off of ledges (not reported - Q&A should have caught this)
  • The mouse can click on content overlayed over the game
    Things like Youtube videos or the Windows volume or music controls will take control off of the game

There's A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT more bugs and glitches and issues that aren't reported.

At least I didn't bother to report them, as they all fall in deaf ears anyway...