Why are Hardmode dungeons adjusted, a genuine question.

Supertaro

@Hime I was just wondering why you've decided in the end to change the Hardmode dungeons for their difficulty. I totally understand Easy modes are getting nerfed because they need to be you know.. easy for all players. But the Hardmode difficulty is supposed to be a challenge which you shouldn't be able to burst, as it becomes incredibly boring over time, talking from experience. Even right now, with the current HP and boss stats, we only need to clear 2 phases with a decently geared party, and the enrage timer was still 7 minutes when the boss was cleared. 
With the upcoming adjustments, I'm scared that a lot of people that like actually playing the dungeon and spend time on the bosses will become bored because the challenge is gone from Hardmode.

Hopefully this question gets an answer, looking forward to it 🙂

10 minutes ago, Grimzy said:

I agree with you, but there are also those players that don't want to spend more time in hard modes, especially if the drop rate is bad and you have to do hundreds of runs. either way people will do them because they have to.

It is a bit of a hard topic indeed, as it will always leave people unsatisfied. But right now, with incoming adjustments, the higher geared people will have no fun in any dungeon anymore because it can potentially become too easy (I don't know how much the nerf is going to be). 
Gear shouldn't be free, and therefore I think it should at least be a challenge to get your hands on end game items.

37 minutes ago, Supertaro said:

It is a bit of a hard topic indeed, as it will always leave people unsatisfied. But right now, with incoming adjustments, the higher geared people will have no fun in any dungeon anymore because it can potentially become too easy (I don't know how much the nerf is going to be). 
Gear shouldn't be free, and therefore I think it should at least be a challenge to get your hands on end game items.

Personally they should implement dungeon scaling based on players in the party.

• NCSOFT

We agree Hard Difficulty should be hard, but we wanted to slightly increase the dungeon clear rate. The changes for Hard Difficulty is small so it'll still be almost as challenging as it is now, maybe just a tad quicker to finish.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hime said:

We agree Hard Difficulty should be hard, but we wanted to slightly increase the dungeon clear rate. The changes for Hard Difficulty is small so it'll still be almost as challenging as it is now, maybe just a tad quicker to finish.

it's low now, ofc, because everyone is doing cta. My clan usualy does two daily trains. In the first, 1 or 2 are mains, others are alts, and after we finish, we switch and carry our previous carries.
But the adjustments are appreciated, so now not only supergeared ppl can clear hards, thank you ^^

6 hours ago, Hime said:

Thanks for the response! If it's only a little decrease it should be fine 🙂
We will see the changes after maintenance 🙂