The game takes a long while to boot up

Semkuf

Hello, I just simply have a problem that the game takes over 20 minutes to start up, at first even thought that the game doesn't even open. I just recently downloaded the game if anything and I am not sure what can be the case, because everything else loads okay. My laptop might be not fast, but it runs decently and as well, other games doesn't really have this problem. Does anyone know what it could be?

• Like 1

the game needs a fast ssd and a fast cpu. 

while loading it can use more than 16 threads, while gaming only 4.

it can even run ok on an integrated gpu but the cpu needs a high clock rate.

the 32bit-client has better performance/loadtimes, but it will crash after a while because of ram usage (bns needs more memory than 32bit allows).

On 12/28/2020 at 10:47 PM, Semkuf said:

Hello, I just simply have a problem that the game takes over 20 minutes to start up, at first even thought that the game doesn't even open. I just recently downloaded the game if anything and I am not sure what can be the case, because everything else loads okay. My laptop might be not fast, but it runs decently and as well, other games doesn't really have this problem. Does anyone know what it could be?

Can you please also write down what PC specs you have ? 20 Minutes is weird thou cause my 2nd PC: I5 2400 + 16 GB ram and GTX 1050 2GB can run this game from USB 2.0 sure the loading screens are a bit longer but its not near 20 Minutes maybe 5 Minutes.

5 hours ago, ImoutoMaster said:

Can you please also write down what PC specs you have ? 20 Minutes is weird thou cause my 2nd PC: I5 2400 + 16 GB ram and GTX 1050 2GB can run this game from USB 2.0 sure the loading screens are a bit longer but its not near 20 Minutes maybe 5 Minutes.

I think a laptop with one of those super slow 2,5" mobile HHD at 5400RPM or less could do that stunt easily, if you combine slow HDD with a lack of RAM, so some swapping starts while loading the game.

PS: I strongly recommend to use a SSD for any mmorpg

Edited by Ayea
PS added

15 hours ago, Ayea said:

I think a laptop with one of those super slow 2,5" mobile HHD at 5400RPM or less could do that stunt easily, if you combine slow HDD with a lack of RAM, so some swapping starts while loading the game.

PS: I strongly recommend to use a SSD for any mmorpg

Even the slowest 2.5" drive should be faster than my USB 3.0 on a USB 2.0 slot so it has to be something else.

3 hours ago, ImoutoMaster said:

Even the slowest 2.5" drive should be faster than my USB 3.0 on a USB 2.0 slot so it has to be something else.

Depends on the drive I guess and you need to try same with 64Bit Client on 4GB RAM

PS: only try this setup for masochism reason

Edited by Ayea

27 minutes ago, Ayea said:

Depends on the drive I guess and you need to try same with 64Bit Client on 4GB RAM

PS: only try this setup for masochism reason

In total i have 3 PCs in use:

1: I7 9700k + RTX 3060ti + 32GB of DDR4 Game installed on SSD it starts pretty fast but well i use 32bit.

2: I5 2400 + GTX 1050 2GB + 16GB of DDR3 Game ist installed on USB 3.0 Device and plugged into USB 2.0. Starts in about 5 Minutes with 64bit.

3: Pentium E5300 + 4GB of DDR2 + GT 530 1GB Game is installed on a really old 500GB HDD game starts in around 8 Minutes 64bit again.

The only way 20 Minutes is normal is if its some HDD from 2004 or whenever SATA started to become relevant. I have another 80GB HDD around if i install the game there it needs ages to start of course. I think there are only 3 options: 1. His/Her HDD is actully so old as i described but then i would doubt his/her laptop is good enough in the first place for BNS, 2. there is a software issue most likely with Anti virus, 3. his/her hardware is actully so old and bad it needs ages to start for example some 1.8ghz mobile Core 2 Duo.

He/She might also be at the start of the game where it might run nice so he/she thinks the Laptop is good enough for this game even tho its not. I can only guess till he/she writes the specs of the PC. @Semkufif you have no idea about PCs search for "dxdiag" in ur search bar from windows. A program will appear and it will show you ur components.

Edited by ImoutoMaster

yes, I think we can stop here until we got feedback from  @Semkuf

when it comes for slow performance I still got am old nightmare coming up, I was asked from a friend who had an old friend in PC trouble, years ago. Win7, 64Bit, did not update anymore since a while. This it was a laptop, dual core, 2GB Ram because 4GB dual channel was unstable before. I tried and it finally took over a day get Windows itself updated. Since then I stopped wondering about folks coming up with horrible performance here.