Running slow and screwing up

Hey all,

I've been trying to troubleshoot how to run BnS better on my laptop, and could use some advice!

I'm playing on:

XPS 15 9550

Intel(R) Core i7-6700HQ 2.6 GHz processor, 16Gb RAM

Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M

My main issues are this:

Of course, super laggy graphics and load times. Dungeons run so slowly and it makes me nearly useless when playing, needing to be carried even though I'm advancing my character pretty well. The load time when entering the dungeon is so long that often the dungeon is 1/3-1/2 done and I can't catch up.

I have updated all my drives. Maybe I will try overclocking next, but my laptop can get pretty hot already so I'm not super into this idea. When I go into my task manager while the game is running, the CPU and Memory and running pretty high.

I'm not sure what to do! I just want to enjoy the game, but I go into dungeons embarrassed and a little ashamed I can't keep up with the party. Thankfully I've been playing with some people who are so nice and patient, but others that are not at all.

Thanks for any advice!

2 hours ago, Meekish said:

I have updated all my drives. Maybe I will try overclocking next

It's a really bad idea to OC a laptop. Laptops usually don't have any thermal headroom for that and it's really easy to cause permanent damage.

Dungeons run so slowly and it makes me nearly useless when playing, needing to be carried even though I'm advancing my character pretty well. The load time when entering the dungeon is so long that often the dungeon is 1/3-1/2 done and I can't catch up.

Sounds like Hard Drive issue to me, If your laptop is old, it might be Hard Drive is dying, I've tried to search your model in Google but I found few different variants under that name with + - same hard ware, SSD (Solid State Drive) is what you need in MMO games. 

I'm not sure what to do! I just want to enjoy the game, but I go into dungeons embarrassed and a little ashamed I can't keep up with the party. Thankfully I've been playing with some people who are so nice and patient, but others that are not at all.

Blade and Soul is badly optimised game so you will need much more powerful Computer/Laptop to run it in "enjoyable" level. You can try do some Blade and Soul Optimisations yourself and see if it improves your game play in any way, however Your Laptop is in between Low-End and Mid-End Tier, So don't expect magic to happen.

This optimisation "Might" be able to solve some of your problems, You can do this Optimisation in 32-Bit and 64-Bit, it works for both. however if beautiful effects and beautiful world is your number 1 thing, then this might not bring much of enjoyment since it comes with a cost, however in game like Blade and Soul with bad optimisation, Performance > Over everything. Also this method does modification to the gaming client and you know how modifications goes in EULA - (USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK) 

29 minutes ago, SayhaSeer said:

It's a really bad idea to OC a laptop. Laptops usually don't have any thermal headroom for that and it's really easy to cause permanent damage.

Sounds like Hard Drive issue to me, If your laptop is old, it might be Hard Drive is dying, I've tried to search your model in Google but I found few different variants under that name with + - same hard ware, SSD (Solid State Drive) is what you need in MMO games. 

Blade and Soul is badly optimised game so you will need much more powerful Computer/Laptop to run it in "enjoyable" level. You can try do some Blade and Soul Optimisations yourself and see if it improves your game play in any way, however Your Laptop is in between Low-End and Mid-End Tier, So don't expect magic to happen.

This optimisation "Might" be able to solve some of your problems, You can do this Optimisation in 32-Bit and 64-Bit, it works for both. however if beautiful effects and beautiful world is your number 1 thing, then this might not bring much of enjoyment since it comes with a cost, however in game like Blade and Soul with bad optimisation, Performance > Over everything. Also this method does modification to the gaming client and you know how modifications goes in EULA - (USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK) 

I appreciate the info, it is a couple of years old but I customized it to perform well for pretty advanced software for architecture school that requires pretty good graphics capabilities which is why I'm so confused.
I'll try tweaking it for optimisation, but I don't need the beautiful effects, I just want these load times and lags to go away haha.

On 12/05/2020 at 2:23 AM, Meekish said:

I appreciate the info, it is a couple of years old but I customised it to perform well for pretty advanced software for architecture school that requires pretty good graphics capabilities which is why I'm so confused.
I'll try tweaking it for optimisation, but I don't need the beautiful effects, I just want these load times and lags to go away haha.

Let me know how much it actually improves, curious to know with your laptop specs. 

Am 12.5.2020 um 00:18 schrieb Meekish:

I've been trying to troubleshoot how to run BnS better on my laptop, and could use some advice!

1st of all, check if your laptop still uses a common HDD-Drive, if yes, replace it with a SSD asap. Yes laptop HDD suck big times if it comes to mmorpg and replacing them is no big deal as the  SATA SSD are right the same size. 

So you may use a mitigation tool (I did it with a Samsung SSD and worked great), connect the SSD with an USB adapter and clone your whole system to the SSD, then replace the old driver with the SSD and it's all done.