Why in the world does lowest settings have same fps and stutters as max settings?

PetPuggi

Yes it's common knowledge this game has probably some of the worst optimization in the entire gaming industry, but what kind of black magic ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ery results in the lowest possible settings (everything on 1 or unchecked + optimize for low end PCs) having the exact same fps and stuttering as near-max settings?? I have a low-mid end machine so I usually play on medium settings (shadows off, texture at max, most effects at 2-3), so I tried setting everything to max (except shadows, those are still off), and I'm getting the exact same poor performance as pre-2000-level graphics of lowest settings + optimize for low end PCs. This defies any logic.

Whats even more funny, is for those with mid-high end pc you will actually get WORSE performance if you turn everything down to low settings. Mostly because it will throttle your gpu since it doesn't need full clock speed to maintain your fps, but then the freezing & stuttering & missed inputs get even worse

• Like 1

I have a high end pc and recently I reinstalled win10 (with the option that keep your files).

Then applied this guide (skip the reshade part if you dont want to reshade)

credits to GunerX

And my game is working smoothly, no stutters almost, good FPS, and max graphics (just lowering other ppl animations cuz too much things).

Maybe it can work for someone else, Nvidia only. Is good to clean you pc once in a while.

• 4 months later...

I have a mid-range PC. In raids i have a lot of stuttering
even with "low end pc" settings.
My PC was a clean install and optimized.
To me it looks like it has to do with the
server synchronization.
I don't have those issues with any other games.
Bns has the worst bugs and performance i have ever seen.

Just play pvp-Arena with wind-BD or distortion-WL.
After 10-15 games it starts stuttering and you have
to leave the lobby and re-enter to remove the stuttering.
This bug is there since years.
They don't fix it.

Wind-BD is bugged anyway. You can have wind-charge
and 3 orbs and still can't use Rolling-Typhoon.
It's the same bug like when you use a spicy dumpling
when the old one is running out and you have up to 10 sec left.
The new dumpling will not work.

I am a coder myself and i know that this are simple issues.

Edited by massiveStorms

18 hours ago, massiveStorms said:

I am a coder myself and i know that this are simple issues.

Obviously you should apply to NCsoft. If you solve these problems I would probably donate something, not joking! (kind of sad, I have to add "not joking" here; says something about the state of the game)