Shackled Isles

kittengirl65

• World Qualifier season is complete.  Those players were queuing for quite a few games, thats a significant decrease in pops.
  • F10 box promotion for logging in every day is finished.  Big decline in casual queues from that.
  • Rating system changes(???)-- I haven't got a queue pop, but in discords with shackled isle channels, people who have played are saying that the ranking system has changed from the qualifier season, with some sort of afk logic like 6v6(damage dealt or deathblow req or point loss) or overall gains are down. Spent 20minutes in queue without pops a couple of times, so I can only speculate on that game reduction vector, but I logged in because I WANT to play, not sit in chatroom queue.
  • Like 1

vor 9 Stunden schrieb kittengirl65:

There has been a drastic change in player activity for Shackled Isles since the update. LFP timers have gotten to 40 minutes with still no party formation. Can someone explain to me why this is? Is there some type of conspiracy that I do not know about?

The world championship is soon and since it gets decided which team gets to go to korea via ingame ranking (yeah it does!) they had to increase the player base in Shackled isles.

Thats why they gave us some Casher boxes for participating but now they removed thoose casher boxes (its probably decided by now who goes to Korea) so there are only very few people who want to play this gamemode. (for everyone who thinks i am wrong guess why it was called "World Qualifier season" ?)

The reasons this gamemode is dead:

1. There is litterly nothing a non PVP Player wants from this mode.

2. The PVP Rewards are trashy so not even players who look for thoose are interested.

3. Overall unbalanced game since awakening Update (march 2019 i think it was not sure thou)

4. Items which litterly remove the whole PVP aspect from this gamemode

5. Most matches include PVP Top 5 players so if an actual combat happens you usually have no chance at all.

You will notice really fast NCsoft dosent want the PVP aspect to be succesfull. For example they restricted the playtimes for 1v1, 3v3, 6v6. While 1v1 and 6v6 is kind of okish since it only blocks the time people didnt play anyway in 3v3 it destroys the whole mode. Since the play times are so rare you cannot find decent matches after 1500 rating only top 5 players here. If you are not atleast top 30 and have a great team lineup you have no chance.

Some people might say "let it be they will reach gold evetually and stop" every top 5 player got atleast 8 alts. When they introduced the patch notes for this people where furious and baskerville or some other mod told us they would change it if it dosent work out. Guess what ? people complained alot nothing has changed.

Long story short if you like Shakles isles sorry it is dead and it will stay dead. If you have luck and BNS still exist around this time in 2020 you may have the chance to play again due to some world championship.

• Like 1