Them Outfits... Maybe?

Wolfies

Hey everyone, returning player here. I came back to this game thinking

" Hmm, why did BnS appeal to me two years ago? Oh yeah, the free outfits system and the pve! Imma give it a go again", hence why I downloaded the game. Yeah, I know, simple guy. I just wanted a game with fun free content. 

So I get on after the download with a specific goal to collect as many free costumes as I can. I lvl myself up (50+ now) and wow did the utter disappointment hit me like a brick as soon as I started my grind.

The wheels of fate stop at the wolf boss, the rest are bugged or removed and that means the areas you visit are dead (meaning no community interaction at all). What in the fresh heck is this? Am I tripping? What happened to the amazing grind system that the game had? Am I the only one that's frustrated about this? Do you think they will EVER put the free costumes back as pve content? As far as I gather (I've been told), the only way to get some of the outfits is to pvp (Arena) and I'm not about that pvp life (as I have a literal 10 fps that drops to 5 while in combat). So many questions, so much frustration. 

Well its been 3 years since those maps were relevant... i doubt a lot of ppl would be playing if we had to still play on the same maps for that long. Theres a lot of free outfits, basically every purple dungeon drops them, and some blue ones do too. Theres usually always some type of event going on that gives outfits as rewards for event currency that you get for free by playing the game. Just hit f3 in game, everything thats not under hongmoon store tab or event is basically free in game, hoover over them and it should tell you how/where to get them.
Most of the old wheels outfits are somewhere else, check the npc close to the wheel.

Where did I say that we had to stay in those maps for long periods of time? It's easy to see where the wheel icons are on the maps and to make the wheels functional would mean people would go there to grind outfits.

Also, I DID check beside the wheels and there is no NPCs near some of them that trade said outfits. Also note that if some wheels do have NPCs, they do not contain the outfits. I have been confused as to where to get those wheel oufits, since it says on them, in f3, where to get them.... BEFORE they hacked the wheels out (example: Kaari Suit in f3, found in Sapphire Basin... Except it's not. Not even in an NPCs).

This means that I have been left Googling where to get outfits ever since I downloaded this game and let me tell you that most information about any outfits date from 2016-2017. It's very confusing and frustrating ( I know about the quests ones, I'm not talking about those, as I've already gotten a handful of them).

6 hours ago, Wolfies said:

Where did I say that we had to stay in those maps for long periods of time? It's easy to see where the wheel icons are on the maps and to make the wheels functional would mean people would go there to grind outfits.

Also, I DID check beside the wheels and there is no NPCs near some of them that trade said outfits. Also note that if some wheels do have NPCs, they do not contain the outfits. I have been confused as to where to get those wheel oufits, since it says on them, in f3, where to get them.... BEFORE they hacked the wheels out (example: Kaari Suit in f3, found in Sapphire Basin... Except it's not. Not even in an NPCs).

This means that I have been left Googling where to get outfits ever since I downloaded this game and let me tell you that most information about any outfits date from 2016-2017. It's very confusing and frustrating ( I know about the quests ones, I'm not talking about those, as I've already gotten a handful of them).

NPC near wheel never had outfit

Outfits from wheel has like 1% drop chance. So to get your Kaari suit you might need to collect 100+ essences from Kaari Lord in sapphire basin. But things like Kaari Lord in sapphire basin can easily be soloed so you can farm it as many times as you like

Outfits also drop from basically all purple dungeons and some blue ones. They of course has low drop chance.

Tbh there's literally no problem with getting free outfits. I got 3 outfits for free just by doing event. And tbh I didn't even try to get as much event tokens as possible. 

P.S if dungeon has hard and normal difficulty more, the outfit will drop only from hard mode.

I'm not exactly sure what  you are on about here, most if not all of the early costumes are still obtainable one way or another, except for obsidian serpent.

All the wheels of fate still work that i can remember, and all of them still provide outfits if they did before. Some wheels never seemed to give outfits like the ones at the blackram shipyards, yeharas mirage and hogshead hamlet.

I got the Kaari outfit just the other week on an alt, so it still works, it's a chore, but it's doable, still easier than infinite challenge :)

I'm going to have to agree with others here. Wheels of Fate still work; drop rates have always been low from them. You should easily be able to solo all the old level 45 dungeons and below, which all have cosmetics, and even some of the higher dungeons are solo-able now too. In addition, there are always factions outfits, your Sunglasses, and lots of side items.

Archived