Lesser Dungeons Revamp?

ONumNum

It is Vary Obvious  that all the Blue Dungeons are dead and unless its use as a filler for Daily Challenges, Every Purple Dungeons under Silverfrost are strait up abandoned. So this Idea is based kinda off of the current Realmrift Supply Chain(RSC) of  Blackram Supply Chain(BSC). Like BSC, it was revamped and added a debuff similar to the pvp arenas that makes the running more "Balance" in a way to make it more enjoyable and a challenge to clear for either Veteran Players or such. But can that debuff system be use on the other duns? Even with that debuff system was added, I don't think many players would still run them regardless so maybe a "Rebound" of the debuff and update for the lesser duns.  Currently if a player feels like going to the lessar duns. they can solo it themselves in about 2-5 mins at best. Mainly I see a player doing this to attempt getting either older rare items like Sogun's Lament - Asura's Black Ice outfit, or treasure chests for extra materials but that's very little gain unless you plan on running the same dun +10 times or more if you plan on running it more than that for the whole day. So the Idea is that a party of 6 would be a regular run of a dungeon but if a party/player goes in under that a debuff will be added for balance. The dungeons mobs and/or bosses would also be adjusted for a lesser party. This would not be just for a challenge/long running enjoyment either, if the dungeons difficulty is raised by the debuff, then the items drops could either increase rare item chances or increase loots getting. So maybe like if a player decides to go solo running in a lesser dungeon, the debuff would be used, and when the player clears it, then he/she would either bet better or even more loot than what a party of 6 would normally get. This idea system could also work in the higher now dungeons as well but I imagine that to be more impossible than anything. Thoughts of this revamp "Re-Bound" System Idea?

• 1 month later...

Your idea sounds good, mate. I've been thinking about similar systems too, because i like the old dungeons. But i always fail to reach a win-win situation for both players and developers alike.

For example i had similar system in mind, with a buff that lowers your stats to the recommended for the dungeon (but don't disable items and effects, that's what i hate about realmrift dungeons, i farmed so hard for items, and now everything is not working - reduce the stats, we'll deal less dmg->no oneshoting the bosses, but still more than ppl that are without legendaries, so we'll be happy that all that farming has not gone to waste. GW2 kind of has this effect, and as far as i can remember wow timewalking dungeons were the same in that regard, although it's been long time since i last did them so i'm not 100% sure). If you have the buff, you'll recieve helion core box and crystal materials box. The idea behind this was that pvp players can help lower lvl players do dungeons (every now and then some lvl 20 dude asks for help for a dungeon), and get their pvp accessoaries without the need to first get to aransu 6+ with raid accessoaries and raid soulshields and gems that even thor wants to socket in mjolnir just to reach 1400 ap, so he can do the damned SSM without being kicked from the party, and lower lvl players will actually see someone doing their dungeon if f8. And some more details that i'm too lazy to share due my next point invalidating this ...

This could have been great, if the story wasn't everything you need to get to endgame. Because then you'll have the need to go to the dungeon, do the quest there, get some gear to help you in the next zone, do some sidequests in the zone to get to at least the lvl of the mobs in the next zone, so you can kill them and start questing there. With all of that gone (sidequests were removed few patches ago, main story gives you enough gear and exp to skip every dungeon possible) all those systems seem kind of pointless. If it's for the challenge, just find few more guys that want the same, buy a 1silver weapon from vendor and go without items in the dungeons. As the game is at the moment, i don't see any reason for players to want to get their stats reduced in order to do lower dungeon with lower rewards, no need for lower levels to do dungeons at all -> so they wont need help in them, neither the developers will have any kind of compensation for the amount of work they have to do to implement this. 

It'll probably be better to do a daily for a scaled up dungeons, or add a random dungeon option that gives you random scaled up dungeon. Or active the Hard mode on the older dungeons that will scale them up, or scale the player down (just stop disabling my items with this buff, it's awful experience :shy:)

Great idea! We could either increase the hp of the old dungeons bosses or increase the hp and make them solo dungeons with solo mechanics! I really miss old content sometimes.. i still find myself doing bsc or naryu lab just because! Would be cool if they were buffed or not (make it just like you did in the realmrift supply chain event where the stats were shrunken) 

Archived