New players

Jinkiescely

To add someone press F4 and then look for them with the magnifying glass icon.
Best thing for you right now would be to;
1. Get asap to lv cap by finishing story.
2. whenever you get new outfit check if it has double crossed sword icon on it if it does don't equip it you will trigger a world wide vp flag onto you that means any high level can kill you and you don't want that.
3. Ignore blue quests that will popup for you those could be dailies if you are at silverfrost area and side quests that you don't want to waste your time doing them as they are nolonger rewarding.

Guess those are the main things you should be careful with.

3 minutes ago, RavTH said:

3. Ignore blue quests that will popup for you those could be dailies if you are at silverfrost area and side quests that you don't want to waste your time doing them as they are nolonger rewarding.

This is not factually correct. If a player's character has hit 50 by Silverfrost, these side quests do help towards HM leveling and level when it starts up again. And if they are not at 50 yet, that extra XP helps get them over the hump. Any XP gained towards HM/Leveling is worth the time to do. Conversely, the dailies in that area also award some good stuff to help in giving supplies and whatnot. They are there so it is to a player's benefit to take advantage of them. If you don't want to do them that's your decision; however, to tell others not to, is not a good thing to do.

On 13/01/2019 at 6:48 PM, StrykerGaming said:

This is not factually correct. If a player's character has hit 50 by Silverfrost, these side quests do help towards HM leveling and level when it starts up again. And if they are not at 50 yet, that extra XP helps get them over the hump. Any XP gained towards HM/Leveling is worth the time to do. Conversely, the dailies in that area also award some good stuff to help in giving supplies and whatnot. They are there so it is to a player's benefit to take advantage of them. If you don't want to do them that's your decision; however, to tell others not to, is not a good thing to do.

Story gives overall more exp he could finish story first and then grab those later, no?

I just came back and started a new character. I made a Blade Master. :victory:

Do you still use your Hongmoon Weapon as your main weapon and just keep upgrading it? I remember thats how it use to be back when I played at launch. 

I think it's a good thing to tell players early on that they don't have to do the blue quests and that it is a choice. I notice that a lot of new players often get bored with too many quests especially since it can get repetitive and end up quitting the game early on.

5 hours ago, RavTH said:

Story gives overall more exp he could finish story first and then grab those later, no?

Negative. What are the chances that you're going to come back to do those "filler missions" after you've completed the final act reaching lvl 55? Not very good if you ask me. Get it done while you're there. There's nothing worse than doing "comeback work" when it could be done at the time of the story mission in that area.

3 minutes ago, SalemK said:

I think it's a good thing to tell players early on that they don't have to do the blue quests and that it is a choice. I notice that a lot of new players often get bored with too many quests especially since it can get repetitive and end up quitting the game early on.

Right, I strongly disagree with you on this point. A veteran player should never tell a new player what you suggest. You should let the player decide that themselves without any influence from your input. If they are a player who likes to complete everything available. They'll not be so keen to have you tell them to avoid something when they will want to do so. But you go ahead and continuing doing that. Karma.

16 hours ago, StrykerGaming said:

Right, I strongly disagree with you on this point. A veteran player should never tell a new player what you suggest. You should let the player decide that themselves without any influence from your input. If they are a player who likes to complete everything available. They'll not be so keen to have you tell them to avoid something when they will want to do so. But you go ahead and continuing doing that. Karma.

I didn’t say anything about telling them to never do it. I said you should tell them it’s a CHOICE and that it’s not required of them to complete the blue quest. Since many new players aren’t aware that it’s optional so they do all anyway and get bored quickly.

16 hours ago, StrykerGaming said:

A veteran player should never tell a new player what you suggest.

Tbh this makes no sense especially when the OP asked for helpful tips. A veteran suggesting to skip blue quests could be seen as a helpful tip to them and possibly a new player.

On 15/01/2019 at 6:58 AM, StrykerGaming said:

19 hours ago, SalemK said:

I didn’t say anything about telling them to never do it. I said you should tell them it’s a CHOICE and that it’s not required of them to complete the blue quest. Since many new players aren’t aware that it’s optional so they do all anyway and get bored quickly.

19 hours ago, Junamaki said:

Tbh this makes no sense especially when the OP asked for helpful tips. A veteran suggesting to skip blue quests could be seen as a helpful tip to them and possibly a new player.

Stop Drama.

As a veteran player I gave an advice as any veteran would think as you want to progress to the game faster and get into it and not keep on dragging on.
NOT MY TEMPO
But there are some people who don't care about game progression or gameplay and just want to spend 1 week on finishing the story/sidequests (which I know some do that :JinsoyunPale:)
It is up to player to decide if they want to stay in the same area longer or move on. Veterans think otherwise and would most likely wish to move on as fast as possible. As they would find the same area boring and repetitive.

Just like anything in this game.

Am 15.1.2019 um 04:32 schrieb Mikeha:

I just came back and started a new character. I made a Blade Master. :victory:

Do you still use your Hongmoon Weapon as your main weapon and just keep upgrading it? I remember thats how it use to be back when I played at launch. 

No. You get weapons while you level and you should use those until you get the unrefined Scaleburn weapon (go to grand harvest square and buy the weapon chests until you get one with 6 or more gem slots to make life easier c:). 

Depending on your character and the element you use, you upgrade this weapon to either baleful or seraph and continue upgrading from there.

Archived