BnS Performance

Lyra Belaqua

Hello, I have been playing this game for a long time and I always had issues with the game's performance. I usually get around 120 FPS when idle, around 100 in F8 and 30-60 in raids. I get some very bad stutters at some points. For example, in PvP, as a blade master, whenever I use my RMB I get a micro-stutter. Same in raids. At points the game freezes hard. It also utilizes very little of my CPU and GPU, and it only seems to eat RAM. I will list my specs and some settings that I use. If someone has any tips or can help, I would appreciate it. I know this game is very poorly optimized, however with my PC specs I shouldn't be having so many problems as I have right now...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 1700 clocked at 3.8 GHz

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070

RAM: 16GB DDR4 clocked at 3000 MHz

CPU Performance during DOTA Dungeon

sHb63ug.jpg
System Performance During DOTA Dungeon
Rm8CZKS.jpg

My in-game settings (shadows are usually turned off, but I can't really tell a difference in FPS)
3EDToXg.jpg

NVIDIA Settings (same as Korea Preset) Part 1
YmjUBsk.jpg

NVIDIA Settings (same as Korea Preset) Part 2
Ufc2g9p.jpg

BnS Buddy Settings
VKAEXE2.jpg

The stutters might be a game related issue, idependant from your PC. For example i used to experience stutters / micro freezes each time a warden or warlock would soulburn, but i managed to fix that yesterday.

For the rest hard to tell, i know i had issues with antialising, so i turned that off, completely, you should try it since i see you have it on in your settings.

alright, as I run a Ryzen as well, I currently have the following issue:

1. after game crashes (yes, Grimoir might deny such thing could happen :giggle:) I had to fight some performance issues ingame. It been the time I farmed peaches and game started stutter there...a few month later I reseted system settings expecting issue to be gone and after a crash, performance been that bad I wasn't even able to get reward from Zeiwei Bosses while event was there, so I had to redo that fix:

Disable FTH on Windows 10, and also don't forget to flush the FTH List as mentioned here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/win7appqual/fault-tolerant-heap

2. at my early BNS time I also had some heavy issues on 64 Bit client, it was locked to 30 FPS max, as I heared this still can happen and the fix been to use Window compatibility modde for the client (Win 7 or WinXP sp3)  and that fix can still work if it's the same issue.

12 hours ago, Belido said:

alright, as I run a Ryzen as well, I currently have the following issue:

1. after game crashes (yes, Grimoir might deny such thing could happen :giggle:) I had to fight some performance issues ingame. It been the time I farmed peaches and game started stutter there...a few month later I reseted system settings expecting issue to be gone and after a crash, performance been that bad I wasn't even able to get reward from Zeiwei Bosses while event was there, so I had to redo that fix:

Disable FTH on Windows 10, and also don't forget to flush the FTH List as mentioned here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/win7appqual/fault-tolerant-heap

2. at my early BNS time I also had some heavy issues on 64 Bit client, it was locked to 30 FPS max, as I heared this still can happen and the fix been to use Window compatibility modde for the client (Win 7 or WinXP sp3)  and that fix can still work if it's the same issue.

XD Hey now....i am not denying the game is crashing :P i just said it never happened to me xD

Anyway, i am not sure if they already fixed it but, in options you have the box "sort quests by distance" and that used to cause a lot of stutters and fps drops, so people recommended to turn that off (again not sure if ncsoft already fixed this or not). Just keep in mind if you turn it off you will have to complete your quests by opening the quest log and clicking them from there.

FTH - You will always need to redo this fix whenever there is a bigger windows update as it resets this back to default. I believe bnsbuddy has an extra option for it to turn it off without going through much trouble.

What i also found helpful is adding the game folder as exception to the AV  / Windows Defender to exlude the files from the real-time monitor.

Compatibility mode is not recommended anymore as it can cause a heap of other issues aswel.

vor 13 Stunden schrieb Grimoir:

Compatibility mode is not recommended anymore as it can cause a heap of other issues aswel.

I thought the same, but it's still not true! Just recently the WinXP sp3 mode within a Windows 7  system brought a BNS 64 Bit client back to a performance which been reliable enough for proper gameplay.

Don't use "use all cores" on bnsbuddy… it doesn't work properly..
It just duplicates the load across your cores, instead of splitting it over the cores...
If it was as easy as adding a command line even ncsoft would have done this.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived