The Classes after awakened skills

victor122

So a lot of videos about the awakened skills revamp have started to come up on my YouTube feed. I've been watching them and noticing that a lot of people are complaining that their element and class are finished (especially wind KFM, light BD, Ice Warlock, and fire and light BM). I wanted to ask, what do you guys think? is this an exaggeration? I mean, there's still a long time before it's actually implemented in our corner of the world. I'm an ice warlock, and I'm a bit concerned. But is it even warranted? There will be no elements after this revamp, so are these people worried that their element is getting a supposed nerf, worrying without any good reason?       

Instead of say " Ice Damage 500" you will have "Elemental damage 500" that will scale with each skill that uses elemental regardless of build.

The problem is that the awaken patch that hit KR is basically trash. Some classes are not even properly playable anymore, thats the reason why this patch did not come to NA in december and will come later next year when they reworked some of it.

Half of the changes are dumb and make no sense.

6 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Instead of say " Ice Damage 500" you will have "Elemental damage 500" that will scale with each skill that uses elemental regardless of build.

The problem is that the awaken patch that hit KR is basically trash. Some classes are not even properly playable anymore, thats the reason why this patch did not come to NA in december and will come later next year when they reworked some of it.

Half of the changes are dumb and make no sense.

Is there a list somewhere with all the changes? Or can you give examples of changes that make classes unplayable? 

1 hour ago, victor122 said:

Is there a list somewhere with all the changes? Or can you give examples of changes that make classes unplayable? 

Don't have full list cuz no one bothers, but some memes about WL gets throw around:

-Ice WL and Shadow WL have their strengths reversed in term of pvp and pve. Ice is more mobile, while Shadow WL plays the same way Ice does.

-Critical and Focus problems have gone with awk.skill patch.

-Shadow WL is top, if not strongest, DPSer. Ice WL becomes very pale in term of DPS compared to Shadow,.

-Ice WL used to heal boss instead of damaging until it was fixed.

-Ice WL used to not be able to Time Distortion until it was fixed.

-Ice WL does Soulburn through 1-Tab and don't need to summon Thrall. Not sure about Shadow.

3 hours ago, victor122 said:

So a lot of videos about the awakened skills revamp have started to come up on my YouTube feed. I've been watching them and noticing that a lot of people are complaining that their element and class are finished (especially wind KFM, light BD, Ice Warlock, and fire and light BM). I wanted to ask, what do you guys think? is this an exaggeration? I mean, there's still a long time before it's actually implemented in our corner of the world. I'm an ice warlock, and I'm a bit concerned. But is it even warranted? There will be no elements after this revamp, so are these people worried that their element is getting a supposed nerf, worrying without any good reason?       

Element damage still exists. They just come from six different element stats into a single one. So you don't see Fire, Ice, Earth... accessories and gems anymore. Instead, just Element.

However, instead of element-based accs, you will have spec-based accs. Like one acc increases damage of Dragon Helix, while another increases damage of Dragoncall.

53 minutes ago, Kozuki said:

Don't have full list cuz no one bothers, but some memes about WL gets throw around:

-Ice WL and Shadow WL have their strengths reversed in term of pvp and pve. Ice is more mobile, while Shadow WL plays the same way Ice does.

-Critical and Focus problems have gone with awk.skill patch.

-Shadow WL is top, if not strongest, DPSer. Ice WL becomes very pale in term of DPS compared to Shadow,.

-Ice WL used to heal boss instead of damaging until it was fixed.

-Ice WL used to not be able to Time Distortion until it was fixed.

-Ice WL does Soulburn through 1-Tab and don't need to summon Thrall. Not sure about Shadow.

Element damage still exists. They just come from six different element stats into a single one. So you don't see Fire, Ice, Earth... accessories and gems anymore. Instead, just Element.

However, instead of element-based accs, you will have spec-based accs. Like one acc increases damage of Dragon Helix, while another increases damage of Dragoncall.

So by the time I actually get all of the ice gear I need, it'll become obsolete?! great! Those bugs are funny though.:GrramisHeart:

Thank you very much for your detailed response. 

24 minutes ago, victor122 said:

So by the time I actually get all of the ice gear I need, it'll become obsolete?! great! Those bugs are funny though.:GrramisHeart:

Thank you very much for your detailed response. 

It wont become obsolete. The "Ice damage" prefix on them will change to "elemental damage" and in KR there was a period where you could exchange your accessory for the other type if you wanted.

Also the skill boosts on the accessories are nothing major...example: 4% damage on sunflower for summoner.

Archived