Thoughts: Rising Soul event could’ve been executed better

mrhuman555

To whom it may concern,

Just want to share some thoughts on the event. I think that this event has caused too much stress on lots of people, including me.

A bit on my situation, I’m actually someone who benefit a lot from this event. I got my soul on third try, and decided early on to milk my alt rather than attempting to get the soul on her. I’m quite happy with what I get. Not so for my friend though; he’s one of those who get the soul after hitting 100% mileage.

My friend was badly burnt out from the event; he needs to juggle between work, family, and this. It’s extremely difficult for him to justify spending hours on clearing IF & EL daily. It could’ve been a lot worse if it were not for my help; as a “Raven 7 noob” he’ll get worse party had I, with Raven 9 & true ascending soul at that time, not create a whale party for him. Not to mention that the quality of players get worse as time passes towards the end of the event. After he got his soul, he asked me where did I get oils for cosmic soul, to which I calmly replied “this is my reward for carrying you”. Needless to say, he feels very cheated about this; could’ve been worse if I didn’t pledge to gift him some oils in the future (we come into this game together & will quit together as well)

I haven’t mentioned about my guildmates that I silently abandoned because I can’t afford time to carry them (if you’re reading this, my apologies); I haven’t mentioned of those lower ravens that I have to kick because the whales will just leave in the middle of Samisa because of them. Thanks to “Egoist whales” like me, they will get one sacred oil at the end of the event, plus ~200 gold loss. As any good capitalist knows, it’s easier to get rich & pledge to help others than to bring them together with you when you’re as poor as them.

Now that I’ve done my “duties”, I can start to enjoy the game again. I had fun getting wiped by Yunsang & Slashimi (with 300ms ping it’s hard). I had relief when my party cleared DD just seconds before enrage. Losing 14 gold for the quests stings, but it’s much better than losing an awakened soul worth at least ~2-3k gold.

I think there are some ways this can be done better, among them (but not limited to these), are:

- Create a new upgrade path rather than using event souls, and make it guaranteed with lots of event oils rather than RNG. At least they can get HM10 soul with some oils rather than... one sacred oil, paid in full

- Make the duration more forgiving. At least you should plan everyone who played daily to get it halfway through the event, or at worst, after 2/3rd of the event

- More weight for dailies rather than harder dungeons, especially for “essential upgrades” like this. You’ve done well for the next event; I hope it will be the norm

I can see that you’ve learnt for the next event, I hope it becomes even better & becomes the norm, rather than exception. I hope you can respect what little time we can spend to chill around inside the game and not making this a second job.

Ok...here is the deal i sympathize with your feelings, i really do however this is an event, its meant to give additional rewards for work in game.

If they added this to low dungeons where people can just cheese through it would be like simply giving it for free which is not the intention.

Pleople need to stop using the whole "i have work, family etc.." excuse every single time an event happens....You cant participate fully in an event? well..sucks but deal with it, your personal life has nothing, zero, nada to do with the game, if you really dont have that much time why play a game that requires a lot of time investment? you get what i mean?.

The game is a game, its seperate from your life, events dont have to take anyones personal issues into account.  And i am sorry for saying this but if your friend really needs to spend hours on clearing those 2 dungeons.....even when i run it with hm 10-11 players we clear it within 30 min max.

20 hours ago, HateMe said:

Pleople need to stop using the whole "i have work, family etc.." excuse every single time an event happens....You cant participate fully in an event? well..sucks but deal with it, your personal life has nothing, zero, nada to do with the game, if you really dont have that much time why play a game that requires a lot of time investment? you get what i mean?.

While I agree with this, I observed that in this (and pretty much every other) game there’s 2 kind of community: the casual and the hardcore (and a few in-betweens). It’s fine to lock hardcore rewards to hardcore ppls (such as VT/TT gears), it’s not fine to force casual players to be hardcore to get casual rewards. And if you argue that this soul is not a casual reward, just wait and see when ppl starts kicking everyone without awakened soul from F8. It has happened during the event & it will get more common as time passes.

20 hours ago, HateMe said:

And i am sorry for saying this but if your friend really needs to spend hours on clearing those 2 dungeons.....even when i run it with hm 10-11 players we clear it within 30 min max.

We clear each of them within 30 min max too.. if no one gets rod-wiped on iron monkey / leaves in the middle of Samisa while it’s at 30% hp & 4 min enrage timer. Either you’re more geared than us (we’re raven 7 & 9), or you have a group of competent friends to party with (we’re in wrong timezone & we’re the best geared in our clan), or you’re simply very lucky to never encounter such issues.

I understand that some ppl take this more seriously than others. What I want to ask you guys (and obviously NCWest) is what kind of game we want this to become. I just want to point out that in every game, the hardcores are always a very small minority; most of us are either casual or in-between. We know that we can’t expect VT or TT gear to be handed out like candies, but we do expect to be able to run the new “baseline” dungeons without this kind of drama, which is currently NS-IF-EL

And no matter how baseline it is, we don’t want to run the same three dungons EVERYDAY, without EVEN A SINGLE DAY of break, for AT LEAST ONE MONTH. Even the hardcores ppls TAKE BREAKS

On 6/20/2018 at 10:39 AM, mrhuman555 said:

While I agree with this, I observed that in this (and pretty much every other) game there’s 2 kind of community: the casual and the hardcore (and a few in-betweens). It’s fine to lock hardcore rewards to hardcore ppls (such as VT/TT gears), it’s not fine to force casual players to be hardcore to get casual rewards. And if you argue that this soul is not a casual reward, just wait and see when ppl starts kicking everyone without awakened soul from F8. It has happened during the event & it will get more common as time passes.

But here is the thing.....VT / TT is not even hardcore content. All you need to do is know the mechanics, coordiante and you can pass it without major issues.

2 hours ago, HateMe said:

But here is the thing.....VT / TT is not even hardcore content. All you need to do is know the mechanics, coordiante and you can pass it without major issues.

:HajoonSurprised:

This ravenoob is humbled in front of your presence :ArftosPlease:

If I may be rude, I humbly ask you to carry me through VT & TT. I have full faith in your ability & kindness. Also, I would be eternally grateful if you can share with us on your gearing up strategy. Surely a great player like you doesn’t need to spend even a single cent on this game, right?

19 hours ago, mrhuman555 said:

:HajoonSurprised:

This ravenoob is humbled in front of your presence :ArftosPlease:

If I may be rude, I humbly ask you to carry me through VT & TT. I have full faith in your ability & kindness. Also, I would be eternally grateful if you can share with us on your gearing up strategy. Surely a great player like you doesn’t need to spend even a single cent on this game, right?

1. I am not a "fan" of carry runs. I can help with mechanics and understanding the phases and teaching. I believe if someone wants something he should acomplish it on his own.

2. I do not have gearing strategy because there really isnt one. Run BT -> Run VT -> side dungeons like DD, RT, ST for the other gear ->TT.

Crystals needed for upgrades i farm in Basn, moonstones and others from 6v6 / 1v1, Orbs from the dungepon boxes (they award them quite often).

Ofc i do spend some money here and there but nothing major, mostly the only time i spend money is when i am a bit short on some materials.

Gold i make from crafting and selling (if you know what to craft and sell, you can make very nice profit).

But in all honesty if you need carries through dungeons then you do not deserve the gear from there. Find a good clan and you are all good. I myself prefer as much solo play as i can but i do accept the fact that sometimes you need a clan / group to progress. Its not rocket science, its common sense and logic

1 hour ago, HateMe said:

1. I am not a "fan" of carry runs. I can help with mechanics and understanding the phases and teaching. I believe if someone wants something he should acomplish it on his own.

2. I do not have gearing strategy because there really isnt one. Run BT -> Run VT -> side dungeons like DD, RT, ST for the other gear ->TT.

Crystals needed for upgrades i farm in Basn, moonstones and others from 6v6 / 1v1, Orbs from the dungepon boxes (they award them quite often).

Ofc i do spend some money here and there but nothing major, mostly the only time i spend money is when i am a bit short on some materials.

Gold i make from crafting and selling (if you know what to craft and sell, you can make very nice profit).

But in all honesty if you need carries through dungeons then you do not deserve the gear from there. Find a good clan and you are all good. I myself prefer as much solo play as i can but i do accept the fact that sometimes you need a clan / group to progress. Its not rocket science, its common sense and logic

If I may know, how many hours do you spend in the game daily on average to do all this?

And how many hours of training did you guys do before first clear of VT & TT?

2 hours ago, mrhuman555 said:

If I may know, how many hours do you spend in the game daily on average to do all this?

And how many hours of training did you guys do before first clear of VT & TT?

I generally play: monday - friday : 3-4 hours

Saturday - sunday (its weekend for me): 8 hours +

First VT clear took our group, i believe 4-5 tries for the hive queen and it was 3-4 for Scions Keep.

We arent doing TT yet as not everyone has the badge from VT yet in our group and the weapon core. we dont rush things we play for fun with eachother not to take part in a rat race.

Archived