why so many old outfits not cycled out in HM store?

Astarae

Was looking at cosmetic sec in HM store,   people say (or think) outfits get rotated...maybe a few do, but most of them...so many were in there when I started the game 6 months ago...checkered past, spectral cycle, howl at the moon, some may not have been there exactly 6mo ago, but still have been in and out a few times since then: odyssey, spirit of bamboo....white rosetta -- maybe 3rd time I've seen it, bunny ears been in for ever, but never seen cat ears, rising sun at least a few times, chronicle -- multiple, prime-time multiple, white sandraider -- forever?,   dark angel -- for the past 6 months, and soulmate -- at least a few times.

So many of these outfits DON'T get rotated, yet many are not that good, or what's the point in buying them multiple times?  The idea of rotating through outfits is nice, but in practice...most of the stock is the same old stuff.  High Society has been in for over a month...maybe metronome is only one I haven't seen so frequently as to have eyes glazed over -- and those are just the outfits -- the same is tru for many accessories -- I think it has been the same glasses for 6 months...among others.

So in addition to the 1-2 costumes that come in / month, please -- get rid of the old stock and replace it with new stuff that hasn't been there in the past 6 moths.  There's tons of material, but instead, they keep in the same old stock month after month.  Someone said the reason they don't put in everything is to increase demand -- except how could it be worse than 80-90% of the stock not turning over?  That creates demand?  What I'd ask for is for at least 5 new outfits/week -- and those are main outfits -- not accessories -- those should turnover at a similar percentage rate.  But 5 new outfits/week that haven't been in in the last 6 or more months - and cycle out the old stuff and don't cycle it back in for at least a year or two -- there are plenty of outfits to make

that happen.  So while some may ask for a few new each month or week -- I say don't cycle out the new ones until all the old ones are cycled through ( can't believe most of those are good sellers, as I never see anyone wearing them).

Thanks!

I totally agree with this. Its totally annoying to see how many possible Outfits we COULD get, better never see or only once in a Year or so. IMO its not enougj to only change 2 Outfits every 2 Weeks. There are so many nice Outfits out there, waiting for us in F3 ... but we'll never get them. Or at least after 1-2 Years ..

All the outfits from the first paragraph aren't rotating. Those are permanent, until NC says they'll be removed. 

High Society and Metronome both entered the store on May 25th. Both will leave the store tomorrow (June 8th).

I agree with your point, though. It's incredibly slow having to wait 2 weeks for new outfits, and even worse when the rotation is as bad as the one we currently have. But at the same time, we shouldn't get too many outfits either, I would like to spend money on some other things too 

I completely agree with you OP, I don't get the strategy because I'm pretty sure that new players are screwed for a lot of outfits that they will probably never have any chance to buy and by the time outfit appears they may have already stopped the game so NCSoft loss.

As for I, there is still 2 outfits that I'm willing to buy if it ever pops, meanwhile NCSoft loss.

At least they rotate cosmetics in the daily deal, but that's not enough.

14 hours ago, Onbekend said:

I agree with your point, though. It's incredibly slow having to wait 2 weeks for new outfits, and even worse when the rotation is as bad as the one we currently have. But at the same time, we shouldn't get too many outfits either, I would like to spend money on some other things too 

If the rotated them out in the same order they came in and rotated them in 2/week, w/20 outfits (assume rest are accessories), that give you about 10 weeks to purchase an outfit.  Would that be enough time for you to find the money?  I.e. what would be the amount of time you'd need (or want) for an outfit to stay around?

Another option would be to remove the 2 lowest sellers / in the previous 3-4 weeks.  Each week they role 2 in, and remove the 2 lowest sellers averaged over the previous 3-4 weeks.  Of course I'd assume that it could be automated, with flags set on special/event items that would be exempt from autorotation/aging.   The algorithm might even allow for outfits / items that consistently do well from week to week and have sales performance above the mean and possible extend the time they are kept -- not indefinitely, but for a while.  Historical sales figures would need to be kept to possible allow for choosing when to bring in more popular ones or which ones not to bring in often as they consistently do poorly.

I.e. I'd come up with an automatic algorithm with tweakable parameters and tweak as needed to balance freshness w/time to buy...etc.

If it were me, I'd really not want to do it by hand.  But currently the algorithm in use now (manual or automated) leaves more than a little to be desired.

I think the permanent F10 outfits should be changed for shorter cycle. Maybe monthly or quarterly.

So far, since the launch of this game, F10 permanent outfits are:

-Phased out once, and offered discount prices before removal.

-Replace with current permanent outfits (Strange Allure, Prime Time...)

-Have some new outfits added (Spirit of Bamboo, Odysses, Howl of the Moon...), while still keeping the current permanent outfits

After that, there is nothing new added or removed.

Archived