Fire Gunner: SB Limitless or Eon

ponkeydunch

• 2 weeks later...

limitless will allow you the possibility of an extra V usage in between bullet storms, which synergize with tiger and aransu badge very well. That said, the amount of times this occurs is actually not that great due to various reasons like reset proc, triple threat proc and what is the CD left on V when reset procs etc...

eon on the other hand buffs your unload damage as you can use firefall more frequently. This is especially noticeable when you get the new 3 set from nightfall as it reduces CD for firefall, vastly increasing the uptime : downtime ratio. This helps to increase the chance that your firefall lines up with your soul CD (if you are using short soul) or with V resets.

I personally went with limitless but now that I thought about it, eon is probably a better choice with nightfall SS. With unload now being your #1 damage source, you definitely want to take advantage of every chance you have to buff it. With the amount of unloads we do combined with NF 3 set, you can have high uptime on firefall and to lower the chance of "dead time" (dead time = you can't do anything except for quickshot).

Extra V usage is very powerful indeed, but after using limitless for a while now I find the actual gain to be less than ideal. I am actually thinking of switching myself . That said, I don't have eon and all these are theorycraft so take it with a grain of salt.

• 2 months later...

Right now fire shouldn't depend on bullet storm. Unload build that has triple shot locked is giving more dps overall with Eon badge.

With VT badge bullet storm made my dps 20-30k worse. And on top of that i was not able to iframe or move for 6-7 seconds during each burst. Thats not possible in top raids.

Also its easier for any fight because you stop for a single moment only when using V.

My advice is to go Eon and go with Unload build. :)

• 1 month later...

On 6/30/2018 at 6:13 PM, paticzek said:

Right now fire shouldn't depend on bullet storm. Unload build that has triple shot locked is giving more dps overall with Eon badge.

Why would you use Eon with locked Triple shot when Eon buffs it?

• 2 weeks later...

Use Eon, limitless is ridiculous, worst soul badge, no point on using something that can be reseted with weapon, u can't reset your C.

Eon or legacy, legacy is more for a ranking/burst (with 1min soul), if u use 8sec one go with eon.

Archived