Gearing guide help? Gunslinger

kirkby

Hi! I finished the story on my Gunslinger (55 HM9) and was wondering what is the best gear I can grind at this point. I'm talking razor, soulshields, accesories and any other important stuff (soul, pet ??). I'm a noob at this so it'd be great if you could help me. I play with shadow build Gunslinger, I'm also on Seraph stage 9 i have my legendary bracelet necklace and belt nothing more. 

What soulshield are you currently sitting on?

What soul are you sitting on?

What about your soul badge? Mystic badge?

1. Seeing as you said you have leg. accessories & Seraph 9, I'd suggest working on upgrading your seraph to stage 10, then work your way towards BT soulshield if you haven't got them already.

2. After your weapon has reach level 10, check the material upgrades for Seraph 10 to Raven 1 and think/estimate as to how long you think it will take you to get the mats. for Raven 1. If you think you're going to stay on Seraph 10 for a while, then work on your soul.

3. If you're still sitting on your Solak soul, you can easily earn your Hongmoon soul by running Naryu Labyrinth (you can solo it) for a few days and purchasing the Moonwater soul from the vendor nearby the daily quest giver and upgrade that to a Hongmoon soul.
If you already have a Hongmoon soul, then try working your way towards stage 6 at minimum. 
If you've done that, then you'd want to make a personal decision and calculate the cost between upgrading your weapon and your soul (once you've reach Awaken Ascending/Awaken Hongmoon).

4 & 5. Soul Badges can be purchased at Mushin's Tower for a few hundred gold depending on the token - if you haven't done that already. 

Mystic Badge can be purchased at Celestial Basin if you haven't got them already.

For the Soul Badges, you can choose between Magnum soul badge or Eternity soul badge (either one is fine as you'll want to eventually grab both of them and fuse them together later on). 

For the Mystic Badges, pulse mystic badge is better than revelation mystic badge.

6. After you've done all of that, continue upgrading your weapon (first priority), soul (second priority), leg. accessories (third priority), pet (if you find yourself lacking survivability - fourth priority).

Whilst you're doing all of this, obviously continue to look for the last few pieces of your accessories, and work your way towards VT soulshield after you've finished your BT soulshield.

thanks for the advice and i have 5 piece from quest line and 3piece bt from a quest i have no badges yet because lack on information on how to actually accumulate gold other than dailys and hard to gain mats due to constantly being kicked for lack of AP thanks for the info best i've seen so far and you actually explain a little more indepth. also i've no idea how to gain raven feathers for my badge in celestial plain

1 hour ago, kirkby said:

thanks for the advice and i have 5 piece from quest line and 3piece bt from a quest i have no badges yet because lack on information on how to actually accumulate gold other than dailys and hard to gain mats due to constantly being kicked for lack of AP thanks for the info best i've seen so far and you actually explain a little more indepth. also i've no idea how to gain raven feathers for my badge in celestial plain

No worries. 

If you're sitting on 5:3 for your soulshield, then you'd want to hop into some PUG BTs, try to avoid players who are posting on the faction chat as they often have some form of req. just PUG up, you should be fine with your Seraph 9 & leg. accessories, just be patient - I've seen players with less successfully get into BTs (or you can simply create your own BT raids, I've seen 850+ run them with little issues).

If you have premium, you'll have the option to purchase your soulshields from the dragon express which is somewhat-helpful.

As for your badges, if money is an issue for you, then I'd suggest working on your Mystic Badge first, if you have enough peaches for the badge and are only lacking in Raven Feathers, then simply run BTs (albeit, if you run all your dailies - purple dungeons, etc. you should have a few hundred gold sitting around within 10 or so days..).

If you don't have enough peaches then farm them, every ~40-70 minutes (depending on how many players are farming the peaches), a boss will spawn, try to part take in as many of those as possible (once you've killed one, quickly hop into a new channel and kill another, that way you'll get 2 pouches minimum), these pouches are a nice source of 'bonus' gold if you're lucky and get Evolve stones (if you're farming peaches from scratch, by the time you reach ~20k, you should have about 60+ pouches if you part take in as many boss fights as you can).

As for getting your hands on raven feathers, like outlined several times, simply run BT ^^ If you are growing tired of it, you can always purchase Raven King's Souls and transmute them for 3 feathers each (albeit, I don't recommend it as it's quite pricey for the amount of feather's you'll get). 

In terms of earning quick gold, all I can suggest is NCoins XD Hahaha, it might sound silly, but swiping now, especially when trove is still on, might be worth a consideration. If not, then simply continue to run your dailies. If you have time on your hands/afk a lot, then sit in Celestial Basins and afk until the boss appears and farm those.

Assuming you finished the storyline, you're probably sitting on the MSP soul shield... either way, one thing you should consider is to boost the soul shield with primers.

Ya, this is something people tend to forget (and the game doesn't explain very well), but you can use soul shield primers to boost the stats of your soul shield by fusing the primer to the soul shield. If you're in the Soul Wardens crafting guild, then congrats! You can make primer bases that you can trade into the Dragon Trade Union for primers. It's way cheaper than trying to get them on the marketplace.

If you're in the Soul Wardens, make Artesenal Soul Shield Primer Bases and trade them into the Dragon Express forSilverfrost Artesenal Critical Soul Shield Primers.

If you are not in Soul Wardens, go on the Marketplace and look for Silverfrost Crafted Soul Shield Primers (or go to the Shrine of the Ascendant in Khanda Vihar if it's cheaper).

Either way, you're commonly aiming for Critical primers to boost the critical rate of your character. Your AP can be as high as you want, but with low critical, you're losing a lot of damage. It's the difference between seeing small, white damage numbers or big, beefy yellow damage numbers (and, by extention, your DPS will be higher).

Now, to fuse your soul shield with primers, you'll need the primer itself (again, go Critical), Soulstone Crystal, Fusion Powder and some gold/silver/copper. To get Fusion Powder, just salvage soul shields you don't use/need.

I should warn you as well that the amount of critical you get is random from the lowest value to the highest (that it shows). Using multiple primers on each soul shield will not add more critical, but give you another random number. HOWEVER, the other stats on the soul shield can also potentially be lowered (especially the base critical if the soul shield has some). If you have a bad fusion and lose base stats from the shield, you'll eventually want to get a replacement piece of the soul shield to try again. However, if you have two versions of the same soul shield, you can fuse them together to raise some of the stats on the shield.

Ideally, you want to get your crit rate to about 50 (you can see it if you look at your character stats with the P key).

Archived