Regarding SF

MrManmode

Hi there. I'm considering joining your ranks this weekend, but I'm a little scared from all the stuff I've read about SF being "nerfed". I do like the way SF looks, but as an experienced MMORPG player I also know that if you play the character nerfed to the ground, you will always be a bit frustrated when endgame arrives.  Is this still the case? PS: I enjoy bot PvP and PvE more or less equally, having raided a lot in many games, while playing PvP at a "so called" high level. 

kind regards

MrManmode

6 hours ago, MrManmode said:

Hi there. I'm considering joining your ranks this weekend, but I'm a little scared from all the stuff I've read about SF being "nerfed". I do like the way SF looks, but as an experienced MMORPG player I also know that if you play the character nerfed to the ground, you will always be a bit frustrated when endgame arrives.  Is this still the case? PS: I enjoy bot PvP and PvE more or less equally, having raided a lot in many games, while playing PvP at a "so called" high level. 

kind regards

MrManmode

I can not answer anything regarding PvP as I simply don't do it but in PvE it is really nice character. It starts of slowly and not so nice, with chi problems etc so don't get scared of that because as you move further into the game (after story) it gets better. Get your blue moon soul badge + rmb HM skills and main issues will be solved. The further you advance with gear the better it gets, with SF you can really feel progression and it gets quite strong. 

Also SF has a lot of tools to play with, while yes main combo is rmb + f there's more into SF's arsenal. It can have really good burst with "Chi Burst" combined with V. Also has tons of iframes, starting with 5 sec (5 hits) invincibility + iframes for both stances (you can literally go like this: q > e > ss (goes into frost stance) > ss > q > e, do some frost stance skills, TAB to go back to kung fu stance and your kung fu stance iframes will be almost up again + you still have 5 sec invincibility skill). You also have really nice party heal + MASS RESURRECTION that I simply can not stress enough how many runs it has saved by resurrecting almost entirely dead party. Also one of 2 ultimate skills is another massive AoE heal that used correctly can change entire boss fight. 

There's one but doe, you need good ping and FPS for SF. When you get into end game boss fights that lasts more than 5 seconds things becomes really fast and not  just boss mechs, but also SFs speed. It becomes gatling gun. I play with good FPS and 80-100 ms (in raids can be 110 or rarely 120) and that works out quite well, if you have in normal dungeons constant 120 ms or up I personally wouldn't recommend SF. 

All in all I personally find SF really fun to play and it definitely isn't weak class and is wanted in raids or in end game dungeons (as I said, with resurrection alone I saved a lot of runs from failure) and while sometimes it can be rmb+f spammy, its gameplay can be quite diverse and fun to execute. Can have high burst spikes, but can also maintain decent (not top tier) dps. As drawback, needs good fps and ping and some hm skills, badges and a bit of gear to not have chi issues and have smooth gameplay.

Hope it helps!

My personal opinion I wouldn't recommend Soul Fighter right now in Blade and Soul's current meta heavy situation.

PvE: Soul Fighter is a decent class over all ,but requires a lot of work and effort for very poor results compared to other classes, Like mentioned earlier Early, and Mid game you will struggle since not many people will be looking for a SF in their groups, plus their dps is about average ,only at end-game content will you finally see some love, many players say SF is always wanted in end game, but getting one up to end game is no" walk in the park" it will be a long struggle, where Warlock ,and Assassin will easily find groups from early to mid, and end game.

PvP: Right now with the recent patch release SF is the worst class for Arena match (was gunner but they just got a buff).Soul Fighter is not a class you want to pvp with your defense ability is on a very long cool down leaving you wide open for attack will other classes can safely spam their's SF does not have a grapple break so Blade Dancer's, Destroyer's and Force Master's will abuse their grabs so you'll have to be mindful of that.

In General Soul Fighter requires a lot of Skill and Effort and that's not where Blade and Soul is right now, player's are playing the Laid back Easy win classes, and I would hate to see other players get frustrated in this meta heavy game , maybe when the SF rework gets here you can pick up Soul Fighter just not right now, there are much better options

On 3/30/2018 at 12:43 AM, Zerobeatx said:

My personal opinion I wouldn't recommend Soul Fighter right now in Blade and Soul's current meta heavy situation.

PvE: Soul Fighter is a decent class over all ,but requires a lot of work and effort for very poor results compared to other classes, Like mentioned earlier Early, and Mid game you will struggle since not many people will be looking for a SF in their groups, plus their dps is about average ,only at end-game content will you finally see some love, many players say SF is always wanted in end game, but getting one up to end game is no" walk in the park" it will be a long struggle, where Warlock ,and Assassin will easily find groups from early to mid, and end game.

In General Soul Fighter requires a lot of Skill and Effort and that's not where Blade and Soul is right now, player's are playing the Laid back Easy win classes, and I would hate to see other players get frustrated in this meta heavy game , maybe when the SF rework gets here you can pick up Soul Fighter just not right now, there are much better options

Um I would like to correct you, SF struggles early game only. Mid game it gets better believe me. Main thing SF needs is soul badges + rmb HM and neither of them is end game (well Aransu soul badge is but you can roll without it good enough, even I don't have it yet). And DPS of SF is above average, I even sometimes manage to snap aggro away from tanks (of course I am geared quite a bit, but can manage to do so from equally or a bit less geared tank) and if I were to spec threat I could hold aggro and tank.

The fact that class needs some effort to play is by no means a criteria to say to a person to not play it. Just because others choose braindead classes doesn't mean others should as well. And SF isn't that hard, yes it has quite a learning curve to master SF, but to just know how to play it doesn't need much knowledge, especially compared to classes like KFM. Main requirement is to have good ping. Only big and main difficulty that come to SF is actually not playing the class it self but surviving, as a SF main at end end game dungeons sometimes I have this internal pressure inside me to not freaking die. If others mess up and die - I am there for them, if I die - I do not bring main aspect of my class to party and I endanger entire party as SF is the only class in game who can instantly revive all 5 dead party members so unless party steamrolls through the dungeons, you can get this silent pressure :D SURVIVE. 

And also, since SF will be getting some reworks, it is good thing to pick SF up now so that you would be ready for when its rework will come :) 

P.S.: not commenting on PvP, I just don't PvP but indeed I heard SF got nerfed hard in there.

On 3/31/2018 at 3:15 AM, Spyroxion said:

Um I would like to correct you, SF struggles early game only. Mid game it gets better believe me. Main thing SF needs is soul badges + rmb HM and neither of them is end game (well Aransu soul badge is but you can roll without it good enough, even I don't have it yet). And DPS of SF is above average, I even sometimes manage to snap aggro away from tanks (of course I am geared quite a bit, but can manage to do so from equally or a bit less geared tank) and if I were to spec threat I could hold aggro and tank.

The fact that class needs some effort to play is by no means a criteria to say to a person to not play it. Just because others choose braindead classes doesn't mean others should as well. And SF isn't that hard, yes it has quite a learning curve to master SF, but to just know how to play it doesn't need much knowledge, especially compared to classes like KFM. Main requirement is to have good ping. Only big and main difficulty that come to SF is actually not playing the class it self but surviving, as a SF main at end end game dungeons sometimes I have this internal pressure inside me to not freaking die. If others mess up and die - I am there for them, if I die - I do not bring main aspect of my class to party and I endanger entire party as SF is the only class in game who can instantly revive all 5 dead party members so unless party steamrolls through the dungeons, you can get this silent pressure :D SURVIVE. 

And also, since SF will be getting some reworks, it is good thing to pick SF up now so that you would be ready for when its rework will come :) 

P.S.: not commenting on PvP, I just don't PvP but indeed I heard SF got nerfed hard in there.

By all means I'm not telling him not to play the class that was just my opinion, by the end of the day the choice is his. As a SF main myself and current rank 36 SF in 1v1 I'm not going to "Sugar coat" the truth recommending one of the least played classes in the game, without giving him a "fair warning" as to why no one is playing the class (there's a reason it got a rework).
You and I both know how much of a struggle SF is, it's a very expensive class, you pretty much need every single last HM ability, Soul Badge just to be "average- above average".
If he plans on doing nothing but PvE like you then SF is Ok, but if he's looking for a more well-rounded class where he can go to PvP or PvE at will I would strongly suggest another class.

5 hours ago, Zerobeatx said:

By all means I'm not telling him not to play the class that was just my opinion, by the end of the day the choice is his. As a SF main myself and current rank 36 SF in 1v1 I'm not going to "Sugar coat" the truth recommending one of the least played classes in the game, without giving him a "fair warning" as to why no one is playing the class (there's a reason it got a rework).
You and I both know how much of a struggle SF is, it's a very expensive class, you pretty much need every single last HM ability, Soul Badge just to be "average- above average".
If he plans on doing nothing but PvE like you then SF is Ok, but if he's looking for a more well-rounded class where he can go to PvP or PvE at will I would strongly suggest another class.

Well it isn't that no one is playing, but more likely hardly anyone plays. If I go pleb'ing in f8 and see another SF it always gives me this "uuuu, another SF, nice" which is also kinda eh, shows that indeed not so popular class anymore. 

On HM skills I think SF doesn't need LMB - rest is yeah, pretty much mandatory, even for PvE.  And totally agree that if person wants both PvE and PvP for now SF is not the right class due to how lackluster it is at PvP.

However despite the negatives that it needs badges, HM skills, some upgraded gear and effort to play, at the end of the day it is quite a rewarding class and I think you can agree on that. Looking at how I started with it and how I am now it is completely day and night. Plus the ability to carry entire party just with the heal and mass resurrection alone makes me really comfortable in top dungeons of the game, I mean with one click of a  button you can instantly heal 40% of everyone's HP (considering you have HM skill + 3 dragon stacks), with another button you can resurrect entire fallen party as a last man standing, you can save entire raid wipe with it (was with some good raid leaders where they moved me and dead people to one party in middle of the fight and I just resurrected them and we managed to finish off the raid without a wipe).

You know, my previous main was BM that I have started on 3 days headstart, went with him through bad days (when game started BM was the weakest class in game) and good days. And if I did my job good as a tank and did everything perfectly, I still couldn't impact things as much as with SF and I think that no matter the situation SF is at right now, it really shines in this aspect. 

But at the end of the day, I really wait for SF reworks to come, I really don't like how it was treated by NCsoft after SF won the worlds, it really didn't deserve and it they simply acted as how League of Legends acts that makes a lot of people quit and hate the game - balancing game around pro players... Yes, maybe it needed some tweaking, but not straight out almost killing the class just because it won worlds (despite the fact that it had huge advantage of being new class and people not having that much experience and tactics of fighting it back but that's just my opinion).

• 1 month later...

the fact that we will be forced to heal only in ranged stance will make the heal and espeshaly its buff useless to any melee SF  adding 4 to 4,5 seconds to the casting time remember every key press adds ping to time .so to cast a heal when you are tanking a boss you would have to either SS back screwing up the party dps as the boss runs to you or tab+heal+tab back to melee basically leavening yourself open to the boss canceling your heal or any thing it wants to do to you , face tanking at point blank range . the def buff that we ned so badly in melee more than ranged will be lost in the time it takes to change stances back and forth . also healing in melee is what most good SFs do ,so giving us holing blast in that X key is kinda funny idk why its not going to heal me buff me or do anything significant that i can see if i am reading this correctly and if this is the class change . i have no idea why they are attempting to make SF into a ranged class . are we ment to just press tab all the time then heal with a melee happy buff we can mo longer take advantage of i personally think this will not last long it only adds to the AFK and chat class position we are in as it stands my other question is what will be added to the ifraim F key slot if we no longer have Holing blast  ill re read this hope this link is helpful   https://bnstree.com/news/Skd7zA19G/3.21-kr-patch-notes

Long story short, SF are getting nerf'd kinda pretty hard, but hey... Fancy NEW VISUALS! (Enter: Sarcasm Here)

I main a SF with VT gear in PvE and play PvP if I feel like getting 1shot a couple of times to get a hand full of moonstonesb4 going to bed... *cough* *cough* only place to farm them... *COUGH!!!*

They said this on regarding SF in Korea, Quote: 

"Firstly, thank you for your feedback regarding Soul Fighters."

"We did not include changes to the equipment / skill damage values in the changes introduced last week because we wanted to show what direction Soul Fighters are headed first."

"Results of internal validation tests after last week's update showed that overall DPS could be too high relative to other classes with current items and damage values, which we will be adjusting this week."

"Our goal here is to have Soul Fighter's DPS similar if not slightly higher than what we have in the current live servers. Note that even after we update the live servers, there could be additional changes as well."

Their DPS "could be to high relative to other classes with current items and damage values" *Looks off in the distance and sees gunslingers overall DPS*

(Enter: Sarcastic Look Here...) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Archived