Cold Storage, people recruiting when the boss is already dead /sick

iokunn

Lately a lot of idiots have been recruiting in F8 when the boss is already dead and giving the rest of the ppl Cooldown and screwing up their daily quest. . . Please do something about that, something like putting a condition of getting the cooldown only if you hit the boss or something like that.

I was in one group that started at the dungeon lobby with all 6 players, getting to the cross server platform and of those 5 went to the gate to go in. We 5 got to the boss area, and the remaining player was not even on the map. We waited for a moment and decided, another AFK'er and so killed the boss. It was only after the 2nd to last person left that they even popped up on map. That was about 5 minutes after the group made and about 4 minutes or so after the boss was beaten.

I would suggest that you go ahead and accept the Daily Challenge quests you going to do before queuing for any groups. This way you wouldn't have to delay with talking to an NPC before entering the dungeon. And would only need to deal with loading screen delay then. 

@JoannaRamira Agreed, though at least my run of the DC today wasn't that way. However, I have seen it happen where people don't wait for everyone to get inside for things like Cold Storage, Heaven's Mandate, and even Desolate Tomb and EC (Normal modes that is). For Heaven's Mandate, it doesn't even give them a chance to use their orbs, so bad run there, partly why I solo HM when I want the loot from there. 

EC and DT seen people run right in and kill off all the mobs in the pit for DT or around the first boss for EC. After they get done then proceed to fight the bosses, leaving 1 to either die to flames or not get a chance to fight the boss for any chance of getting credit for it. Some people it upset and they leave and at times, that group upon their leaving will either struggle if a queued F8 group with average DPS, fail if low DPS, or keep going on as if the party didn't need the 5th (or 6th) player if high DPS. Yes that's how broad the DPS curve is from 950 AP to 1.2k AP :( It really sucks at times, but meh... 

SUGGESTION: Add a delay that all mobs are invulnerable until all 6 players are present. No exceptions for any F8 queued parties. Only exception would be for the parties that are pre-made parties from either the Lobby or Server side. 

10 hours ago, KiraKamelia said:

SUGGESTION: Add a delay that all mobs are invulnerable until all 6 players are present. No exceptions for any F8 queued parties. Only exception would be for the parties that are pre-made parties from either the Lobby or Server side. 

I suggested such delay (like one in Counterstrike)  one year ago. It was alot more severe when Blackram Narrows was still on DC and people need to run it for Blight Weapon.

11 hours ago, KiraKamelia said:

Bad idea. Think of all the trolls going afk in front of the dungeon portal ...

True, trolls would do it...

MODIFY SUGGESTION: 

Add a delay that all mobs are invulnerable until all 6 players are present in dungeons like Cold Storage and Heaven's Mandate. Unless, the players are solo'ing or in a pre-made party. But if its an F8 queued group then make it so that if a player isn't pass a certain point or attacks or is attacked by a mob within 30 to 60 seconds after the first person enters the dungeon, then the player or players that aren't in will be automatically kicked from group. And to maintain that the players are active within the dungeon, force it so that they have to use a skill and keep up with other players or get kicked too.

Then we'd have less running in getting to a point and stopping and just letting the rest of the party clear the dungeon. But to be honest, there really isn't any catch all way of enforcing this and catching everyone or putting an end to it all together.

Archived