Fine. Learned my lesson. Never upgrade in the middle of an event.

Cesura

I upgraded my soul to awakened tier just last week, and support tells me I'm out of range for a revert request so I basically screwed myself out of about 2k gold.

From what I've heard online, this sort of thing has happened to plenty of other people in the past, but the pattern seems to line up with the timing of events. 

So, PSA: whenever there is an upgrade-material providing event, and a update patch on the horizon within the next month, no matter how much you're itching to upgrade, WAIT until the event ends and the patch drops before you actually spend the mats. 

yea....the moment people start going beserk about trove is when you should stop/slow down progressing your character. Not just in case you play trove (since there's always good mats in it), but because the market will come down all together lol.

1 hour ago, Cesura said:

I upgraded my soul to awakened tier just last week, and support tells me I'm out of range for a revert request so I basically screwed myself out of about 2k gold.

From what I've heard online, this sort of thing has happened to plenty of other people in the past, but the pattern seems to line up with the timing of events. 

So, PSA: whenever there is an upgrade-material providing event, and a update patch on the horizon within the next month, no matter how much you're itching to upgrade, WAIT until the event ends and the patch drops before you actually spend the mats. 

ya, I am in the same boat as you, but actually I am worst then you because my upgrade was from awaken soul to true soul. 

3 hours ago, amokk said:

After trove we'll prob see another cost reduction, so wait even further ! xD

1 hour ago, HachiAki said:

just wait forever

never upgrade

the prices wil never be cheap enough so dont do it or else rage wen it becomes cheaper later

It's not so much that, it's that it's finally sunk in for me that the worst time to upgrade in general is 1-2 two weeks before a major patch. Which is generally right before potential shifts like this get announced. Whereas if you make your upgrades within the first week or two AFTER a major patch, you know you have at least 1-2 months before a major shift like this. 

Archived