Can i play bns with a ps4 controller

pikapikapika

On 8/7/2017 at 6:08 PM, pikapikapika said:

how do i do it with a xbox controller?  Does it work well with bns? thanks.

Plug your controller into your PC, using its USB charging cable. An Android type cable will work. Do a search for "Scarlet Crush" PS3/PS4 drivers and install the app onto your PC. Scan for viruses and make sure it's legit and all that. When you open the app, there are several drop-down lists, but pick the one for PS4 controllers (Click to "check" the box by this option), and scroll down to where it says "wireless controller"(check this box too). You'll then click "install drivers" or whatever at the top-right of the window. Let it do its thing and you'll here a chime of dome sort. In BNS, go to settings and scroll down, check the box for "gamepad", hit "apply" and then close the window.

I've been playing BNS with controllers ever since NA launch. I started off with an XBOX 360 wired controller, but the d-pad sucks. The PS3 controller, in my opinion, works the best for its buttons, d-pad, triggers, and select/start buttons. I'm currently using a PS4 controller, but hate how hard it is to hit the "share" button in place of the select button on the PS3 controller because it's vertical in design as opposed to the PS3'same horizontal design. Holding L1 (LB) then hitting share/select will make it so you can rotate the camera while your character keeps from turning with the camera. Share/select by itself opens and closes menu/cursor mode, similarly to start button, but doesn't "remember" windows you just had open if you hit it again. Holding L1+R1 (LB+RB) then hitting □ (×) allows you to hide/unhide other player characters. These are just helpful hints for using a controller. Joint actions are just an easy click of the right analog stick, but certain skills are kind of annoying to do, like hitting R2 (RT) while holding R1 (RB).

I'm using XBOX layout notations because the game will see your PS4 controller as an XBOX 360 controller. The app I'm referring you to is used to make your PC see your PS3 or PS4 controller as a generic wireless controller, even while it is plugged up and charging, and BNS will only see controllers in an XBOX 360 layout.

In the game, Fortnite, I hold the touch pad down to enter chat mode sometimes, but you have to UNINSTALLER the drivers in the app to be able to use that button on a PS4 controller. It's also used for opening the inventory. You can still play the game without uninstalling the drivers, but it uses that dumb "share" button to open the inventory menus because the touch pad isn't usable with the drivers installed.

Installing and uninstalling the drivers happens in a matter of seconds, so it's fast and easy to use.

Hope this helps.^^

Archived