A Question.

Maram

Hello everyone.
i wanna know... did they optimize the game or not yet ? i'm an old player who stopped playing after the lvl 45 content because after they updated the game my fps dropped from solid 60+ to 15-20. so wanna know if they fixed that or not yet. thanks!

If your fps droped because an update it means that there is a graphic driver incompatibiliy or another form of a problem with drivers. You dont really think they will look into their code and try to find specific driver problems do you?

I suggest you do a driver check/update/troubleshoot.

There might be problems related to graphic card too. If its an old one and they upgraded game graphics of any sort it might cause performance drops. 

In any case dont expect anything from NCSOFT cause its not a general problem but occasional one.

1 hour ago, Backstabpuss said:

If your fps droped because an update it means that there is a graphic driver incompatibiliy or another form of a problem with drivers. You dont really think they will look into their code and try to find specific driver problems do you?

There might be problems related to graphic card too. If its an old one and they upgraded game graphics of any sort it might cause performance drops. 

In any case dont expect anything from NCSOFT cause its not a general problem but occasional one.

My fps has kept dropping for a year. It has nothing to do with drivers, especially on nvidia. I 've tried many drivers and there is completely no difference in terms of performance. In fact, newer drivers tend to cause lots of stability and crash issues. Nvidia does not care about older games when they are releasing new drivers, so best is to avoid them and stick with whichever feels better.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2017 at 4:33 PM, Backstabpuss said:

Come on.. BnS is known for its optimization. yes i know that i don't own a super high end PC.  and nothing is wrong with my pc bcuz its all updated and i tried many fixes but nothing works..
at least they should optimize it and make it work as they promised lol..

Q21kLnV.jpg

btw i have 10 fps now.

11 minutes ago, Tekoek0911 said:

are you using the maximaum settings in blade and soul graphic settings? i suggest to lower them all to 1 , and lower the brightness to 30.

you should not be having fps lag.

2nd question

- what are your pc specs? 

- Sadly i'm using the minimal settings and getting 10-15 fps..
- Nvidia geforce 940m + intel core i7-6500U + 12GB Ram.. Win 10 64bit

i tried many things but nothing worked.. its such a sad thing for me to leave this game which is my favorite mmorpg so far..
meanwhile i'm playing CS:GO - Overwatch - R6:S looking to return to this game someday.. cuz after playing BnS all other mmorpgs feel boring to me

16 minutes ago, Tekoek0911 said:

are you using windowed mode?

no i'm using full-screen.. does that affect ?
and what settings you recommend to get the max fps i can get

1 hour ago, Tekoek0911 said:

do you use multipule programs running in the packground? if so, turn them off.

yeah i know that :p told ya tried everything came to mind... still nothing worked

14 hours ago, Maram said:

Nvidia geforce 940m + intel core i7-6500U

This is weak for this game.

i7-6500U have 2,5Ghz base freq, you need here like 3,5Ghz base, better to have 4Ghz.

Geforce 940m is like intel hd630... so not really good for bns. You need like a 1050ti here, what is 4x better.

1 hour ago, KzE said:

This is weak for this game.

i7-6500U have 2,5Ghz base freq, you need here like 3,5Ghz base, better to have 4Ghz.

Geforce 940m is like intel hd630... so not really good for bns. You need like a 1050ti here, what is 4x better.

When i started this game out when it first got released i had around 80 fps on medium settings with those cards.. plus it's not what BnS listed for their requirements..
you need such high-end pc because of the bad optimization i guess..

4 minutes ago, Maram said:

When i started this game out when it first got released i had around 80 fps on medium settings with those cards.. plus it's not what BnS listed for their requirements..
you need such high-end pc because of the bad optimization i guess..

Technically this not the same game, what was released.

Archived