Lighting rod anim cancel bug?

Naisui

I heard from TW server that after a certain patch lightning rod can no longer be cancelled immediately. It can only be cancelled after the blade swipes past the mob. So that patch probably reaches here at NA/EU. Most likely not a bug, but would be cool if someone can officially confirms it.

It still can be canceled immediately, it just often fails now. Next Mystic Badge should give 0,5 sec cd for anim canceling - but we don't have it yet.
And even if we get it, then anim cancel should be still same because currently with perfect rotation you can hit wth Lighting rod twice per 1 sec.
So 0,5 sec + 0,5 sec would give same effect anyway.

Ok, I finally have time to test it. It works ok for me, not sure why you have this problem.

Is it due to sudden high ping? My network is unstable now, having random high ping spikes, only during those moments I can't cancel the lightning rod.

My connection is fine. It would be really coincidence happening right after patch (which broke also resisting skills of assassin).
And the question is - do you even perfectly anim-cancel?

For reporting this case I made short sample video, showing the problem.

I don't have stable ping like you do, a few spikes here and there but I was ani-cancelling my rods atleast 85% of the time before the patch. Now after NCSOFT turned on the automatic global cool time in the official client, I have almost an equal mixture of both perfect cancels and what you call "safe cancels". 

12 hours ago, Flayren said:

Now with the XML turned on

You should be aware using XML is against NCSoft User Agreement, since it directly simplifies / gives you advantage in gameplay.
So because it's kind of cheat, I suggest to not bragging about it - especially on NCSoft forum.^

XML is automatically turned on in the official client after Wednesday's patch. I'm not bragging about it, good sir. I'm stating a fact. If you did not know that, then that's probably the reason why you're doing less ani-cancelling than before. It adjusts to your ping after a few hits, so if you're spiking, the client itself will adjust to that ping for your game play to be "smooth". 

And maybe I should have reworded it because of the confusion... 

AFTER Wednesday's patch, I was doing LESS perfect ani-cancels compared to before the patch. I never said I took advantage or edited any XML before this patch, but I did find out that they TURNED ON the XML *AFTER* the patch which reduced the number of my perfect ani-cancels. 

Well i must tell LR anim cancel fine for me...idk where is problem...but well i dont use any macro...I think it would be nice, if they disable anim cancel on lighting rod...but only my opinion.

• 1 month later...

Archived