Tall vs Short characters

Not sure if the hitbox is affected at all, it does not feel that way in arena, but one real effect is that if you are visually used to judging skill ranges on small characters, you might overestimate range on a large character, or the other way round for a small character. All of which could lead to a disadvantage in PvP.

The other aspect is that small warlocks can "hide" within their Thralls and small summoners can sometimes fool new players into thinking they were their own cats.

Also big characters can obstruct your field of view, which is why smaller characters are slightly more popular I suspect.

Only class where size matters is summoner, since smaller summoner makes it more likely for you to mistakenly target their cat with your skills.

One of the things I hate the most : When I'm targetting a summoner, then he moves a bit just before I use my skill and I end up targetting their cat...

While it's always said that hitboxes are the same, i don't think it's totally true. A tall/big character is definitely a disadvantage in both pvp and pve, that's why i always have to keep height slider below -8 on my gon, even if i hate how it distorts whole body to look like crap, giving a compressed look which you can't get rid of. When facing opponents which are smaller than you, you can find yourself beating blank air many times. Biggest disadvantage i noticed was during hit-trades. While the small character is hitting me freely, the game recognizes it as it's behind me so i can't hit it even if it's visually in front of me ( under my feet to be exact ). The difference between playing a normal (default) and -10 height gon is night and day. Even as a short fatso gon, i have problems against smaller targets because of her obscuring my vision. Tech-chase is really hard against small characters because their animations are way faster, while big characters doing everything in slow motion.

Archived