Do something about the Account Scam sites

Dad

I've only been to Jade stone twice in 2 days and i've been getting nothing but PMs on peoples accounts that were lost because they were stupid enough to go to them scam sites.

Can you not make a cease and desist on these people or something?

(Btw these people who are stealing accounts can't spell for sh** I mean "Leavel? Really?..... and people still fall for this? come on........)

The misspelling is deliberate to circumvent the word/phrase spam filters. It is very likely the word 'Level' or whatever word/phrase it is supposed to be is in the spam filter database. 

There are definitely uneducated/mentally challenged kids playing this game, so I wouldn't be surprised if they fell for the scam.

Company won't do sh1t because adding security software of some sort costs them money.

you don't HAVE to give up your account to those people.

maybe I am missing something here, but this may be the lamest thing I have ever seen complaints about.

let me remind you of a feature known as "block"

and I suggest that you use it.

heh, I think i'll hang in jadestone because everywhere else is kind of boring. at least spammers n scammers add something interesting...

Let me remind you [edited by PhoenixMitra] that around these levels are new players of the game that will easily fall for these scams LIKE SO who lost their accounts at a low level.

[edited by PhoenixMitra]

I don't want to start anything up with you, but NCSOFT can't do much more than what they do now.

******before I start my diatribe I want to say that this crew here that interfaces between us players and the NCSOFT here and the devs there, is THE most engaged and competent crew I have ever seen.

mgmt. is the best of all the games I've been in including WoW. so, pushing them borders on just no...********

OK, here is what I see that they currently do:

1) list a paragraph in bold orange EVERYTIME you log in, in regards to that. ...tl;dnr is not NCSOFT's fault.

2) loading screens repeat the warning that NCSOFT employees will never ask for account info in game.

3) thread after thread appears in the forums wrt accts scammed, stolen,  "hacked" cough (as in no such thing). anyone with eyes even halfway open sees this common topic.

4) if you would spend your time assisting mgmt. by tracking, id'ing, and reporting these players diligently, they can collect up enough data or whatever voodoo they do, to swing the banhammer.

WTF else can they do? srsly chief, what?

at some point some of the sardines are going to go down to the barracuda because they didn't stay in the school

like the one comedian said "you can't fix stupid"

"engaged" laughed harder than I should have.

Nobody looks at loading screens ( I don't know why they bother making that ridiculous contest to begin with)

The in game chat warning is COVERED over with more text about your quest and whatnots, so nobody's gonna see that warning either unless they bother to scroll up and see it.

A lot of topics about this problem and yet still nothings done about it? Yeah, great job am I right? Takes from Last year summoner vacation when it all started to get this job done.

Oh, and trust me I report eevveeerryyything, and you know what i've learned about your "engaged" it takes them a whole month to ban the "obvious" so you can throw that out the window right there.

They need something better to help these people.

• NCSOFT
17 hours ago, Dad said:

I've only been to Jade stone twice in 2 days and i've been getting nothing but PMs on peoples accounts that were lost because they were stupid enough to go to them scam sites.

Can you not make a cease and desist on these people or something?

(Btw these people who are stealing accounts can't spell for sh** I mean "Leavel? Really?..... and people still fall for this? come on........)

Hey Dad,

We completely understand that spamming can be annoying and our teams are definitely doing their best to constantly improve chat filters in order to limit spam. We know it's not enough, it's never enough.

We wish we could simply take legal actions against people behind spamming, but most of the spam is coming from IPs located in countries where legal actions are impossible to take (especially for such things). We have countermeasures in place in order to limit the account creation and identify fraudulent users as early as possible. That tremendously helped to reduce spam.

However as you stated, most accounts used nowadays are from legit players who got compromised and aren't even aware themselves that they were compromised. And that's the reason why it's so hard to fight those accounts because from our side (i.e. from a machine perspective) those accounts are "legit" (as in, they have normal registration information, often a proper payment method linked to them, a levelled character etc.).

If you believe that an account has been compromised and is being used to spam other players, feel free to directly send a ticket to our Customer Support in order to report that player and our services will have the account frozen to prevent further damage being done. If despite reporting a player by submitting a ticket doesn't lead to anything, don't hesitate to come back to those forums and provide us with the ticket number and we will make sure to escalate the case further up.

Thank you again for your cooperation and helping us making Blade & Soul a safer place.

Archived