New SF please help :)

Xeleon

Hello, so i'm going to level up 3rd ALT, but I hate classes which got blocks and counter like BM, KFM and they relyed on it... So my question is do SF got counter skills? Is it rely on it? Is that skill used very often? Sorry for my english... My London very best ;D

SF has a counter yes, but they don't rely on it as much as other melee classes. 

SF isn't really one to take aggro, you're moreso supposed to DPS from the back and sides, so you wont see counter used half as much as BM/KFM. 

What you WILL use a lot of is your Q, E, and SS; SF thrives on those.

You really should get used to it though, you're not gonna get very far with your class if you neglect skills like that.

Stage 1: 3 second cooldown counter, freezes enemy.

Stage 2: 6 second cooldown counter, stuns enemy

Stage 3: 6 Second cooldown counter, gives chi level and resist damage and status effects for 1 second after successful counter

Soulfighters got two backsteps, QE like KFM and QE like Force master.

HM counter stage 2 is super-cool in PvP (stuns enemy and removes "block approach" which works good vs FM) but counter lasts 1 second or less and cd is 6 seconds, so its almost impossible to master. If enemy is spamming you with attacks, you can spam counter and it will be effective enough. Otherwise you should know skill animation of other classes, have a good ping and reaction to use it.

In PvE it's much easier to use because of yellow highlight when boss is about to strike. And if I remember right, stage 1 restores some focus on counter.

In any case, SF can't rely on counter because of short timeframe and long cooldown.

Archived