Soul shields and clan outfits?

Gourry32

I got a few hopefully simple questions i been wondering about.  I've played this game off and on for a while, i did even take a few months break though kinda wish i didn't but oh well.. anyway..

1: Soul Shield progression: Ok all my characters have either a full Naryu lab S.S or maybe one or two pieces missing etc. So what is the next few steps, should i be looking more are specific stats for each of my characters(my sin, BM, BD, Kunfu master, SF, FM) or go with just ones with more Hp?

2: As far as PvP soul shields which to start with and should the stats be again class specific based or just hp?

3: Clan outfits: A friend and I did make a small clan and plan to eventually make out own outfit but what i was wondering was if you make an outfit fully, then make a new design do you lose that first outfit made? i am curious because maybe i want a different outfit down the line for specific characters based on looks and so on.

4: Staying on clan outfits, Does anyone know how many designs there are, not including the adornments just the tops and bottoms?

1)  After Naryu Lab, you'll want to probably start getting Yeti for ease of acquiring.  A full set can go a long way until you're comfortable to do Sogun's Lament/Sundered Nexus.  Here's my typical progression:

a)  8-piece Yeti soul shields

b)  1,2,4,6,8 Asura soul shield + 3,5,7 Be Ido/Twisted/Midnight Skypetal

c)  1,2,4,6,8 Ebondrake + 3,5,7 Be Ido/Twisted/Midnight Skypetal

d)  1,2,4,6,8 Ebondraked+ 3,5,7 Oblivion (Ultimate goal to get without getting into Legendary)

Remember that soul shield stats are random, so you'll want to look for pieces that have the most critical / accuracy tied to them.  Still get the pieces for the set, but if you happen to stroll along a piece with better stats, then replace them :).  There's many resources online that will show you the optimal stats for each shield.  HP isn't really a stat you should worry about for PvE, since you should be dodging and resisting  attacks.  Generally if you get pieces with the "max roll", then you'll reach 50-70k hp pretty easily.

2)  For PVP, your main stat you'll want is Crit Defense which you can infuse a Crit Defense Primer soul shield to any of your pieces.  Generally most people will use a combination of Sparring/Challenger (comes from Tower of Infinity), Naksun (comes from Mushin Floor 12-15), or the new Legendary PvP (can be bought using Battle Points from doing 6v6).  I'm not an expert on PvP trends, so you might have to research and see what's out there.

3)  The way Clan outfit works is that you have the "Clan Outfit Uniform".  Then you contract designs for it.  You can have up to 3-5 designs (not sure of the number, but you'll need to buy a "Clan Outfit Expansion Voucher" from the HM Store in order to increase the slots).  You can only have one outfit design at a time and I believe you can switch them out at anytime.  I don't think you can apply one design to one outfit and then another design to another outfit.  All clan outfits will automatically change to the selected design (from what I've heard).

4)  You'll have your standard Top and bottom, but also can do Face and Head adornment as well. 

On 12/16/2016 at 4:42 PM, dualistique said:

2)  For PVP, your main stat you'll want is Crit Defense which you can infuse a Crit Defense Primer soul shield to any of your pieces.  Generally most people will use a combination of Sparring/Challenger (comes from Tower of Infinity), Naksun (comes from Mushin Floor 12-15), or the new Legendary PvP (can be bought using Battle Points from doing 6v6).  I'm not an expert on PvP trends, so you might have to research and see what's out there.

For Legendary SS, early lvl 50's can start out at the first 3 Legendary PVP SS:

First you need to have 250 Zen Beans to exchange into Galaxy Fragments
(you'll need at least 40-50 fragments for later fusing)

the one costs 5 Fragments
the second costs 10
the third costs 15

The next 2 SS need 10 wins in Battlegrounds

and the last 3 need 100 wins

Now for fusing and maxing out your SS, unseal a Legendary SS... if it has the correct stats like for example:

Equipped SS

health: 5013                            Max. 5500

HP: 2045                                 Max. 3560

Critical Defense: 383               Max. 470                    

Unsealed Spare SS                                                    

health: 5013                            Max. 5500

Defense: 289                           Max. 460

Critical Defense: 383               Max. 470

Infused Product SS

health: 5500 Maxed                Max. 5500 ^ 487

HP: 2045                                 Max. 3560 = 0 (due to the fact that this was not one of the stats, it could not be infused)

Critical Defense: 401               Max. 470 ^ 87

Archived