Cumbersome Login

Sogno

So, is there any way to opt out from the pointless, time consuming login practices?
First I have to manually enter my password. Ok, it doesn't save it, but this is pretty standard. This is fine.
THEN I have to go check my mail, copy the code, paste it on the launcher every damn time I log in and after that I have to insert a damn pin!

This is way too time consuming and annoying, it's completely pointless and it bothers me a lot. Can I opt out from those annoying checks somehow?

It isnt pointless, its a account security measure. You will need to input the code from the email each time your IP changes this prevents unathorised access to your account (you can if i remember god turn this off under your account settings on the website).

Pin code is mandatory and you cannot opt out of it.

I agree, though i appreciate the idea of keeping our accounts safe, BnS does it a tad too much.

Here in Germany, IPs of home users are usually dynamic. This accounts for a lengthy and tedious login procedure each and every day.

Even better it is when you get disconnected due to router/IP reset: Login, get new security code, open your mail, copy>paste code, log on, get through file verification, wait forever for the client to load up, get into the game, enter your pin ... see: "That character is already logged in" - - - and repeat the whole process for good!

I´ve shown this game to a few people and most of them would have given up without me assuring them it´d be worth all the chores and the waiting, especially when you do not have the fastest SSD and net connection on the market.

What adds up to the login annoyance is the tedious registration process (includes super tiny captchas, don´t we all enjoy those?) which i only got to work using IE. For real? Again, if i wouldnt have told people to use that browser they never should just for this single process they would never have joined the game cause they would have been unable to register their account in the first place!

Oh, and of course the client needs administration rights. Marvellous!

With these technical hickups i am convinced that quite a few less tech-savvy and patient people are being left out of this game.

Archived