Awk Dragonchar

KurooSakura

On 15/11/2016 at 10:09 AM, Zedonia said:

You are right. The HM skill isn't even necessary because in 95% of all situations it's a dps loss anyway. Just spec stage 1 dragonchar with a WL in group and hope he doesn't *cricket* up the time to hard.

why isnt HM necessary and  a DPS loss? i would use  it S1T5 if there is a WL in the pt.

Because spamming dragonchar without soulburn is a dps loss not to mention that you don't have infinite focus to do that very long. For soulburn you don't need the hm skill. Awakened dragonchar is always spammable if you use stage 1 dragonchar. Dragonchar S1T2 is all you need if you don't want the 4x10m range. T5 is a dps loss if you can't spam it for maybe 10s and T4 is useless because you will use mystical fire on grabbed enemies. T3 is only for more aoe range. The awakened skill is always the same with all effects so yes, the hm skill is useless.

On 11/20/2016 at 7:04 PM, Zedonia said:

Because spamming dragonchar without soulburn is a dps loss not to mention that you don't have infinite focus to do that very long. For soulburn you don't need the hm skill. Awakened dragonchar is always spammable if you use stage 1 dragonchar. Dragonchar S1T2 is all you need if you don't want the 4x10m range. T5 is a dps loss if you can't spam it for maybe 10s and T4 is useless because you will use mystical fire on grabbed enemies. T3 is only for more aoe range. The awakened skill is always the same with all effects so yes, the hm skill is useless.

I used both Blazing Palm and Dragonchar to compare dps with and without SB, found out it wasn't too much of a DPS loss. Maybe my focus management is amazing :^) 

38 minutes ago, KurooSakura said:

I used both Blazing Palm and Dragonchar to compare dps with and without SB, found out it wasn't too much of a DPS loss. Maybe my focus management is amazing :^) 

You mean beam, right? Well, using both skills in the normal rotation isnt a big difference, thats right. With soulburn, dragonchar should always win. What i mean is the spam (holding down the skill and nothing else to sam it with max. speed) of hm drgonchar without soulburn. This is a dps loss because you dont have instant max. speed and it consumes too much focus. The normal rotation is simply better and thats why hm dragonchar is bad.

1 hour ago, SoulsHunter said:

Do you guys still use frost palm when using dragonchar instead of blazing beam?

Yes, of course. Dragonchar itself is lower damage than beam and not using frost palm would mean even less damage. The focus management is not that difficult so I dont have a problem with that.

12 hours ago, KurooSakura said:

Dragonchar does more damage than Blazing beam because it casts faster. It does 50k while blazing beam does 25k. 

Also, I only hold 2 when we get SB, using frost palm is pointless

Completely missed the question, gg. Of course you will only hold 2 during soulburn but without it beam is stronger. But even that was not the question. Outside of soulburn you will do your normal rotation with LB, RB, 2 (and other skills) and there you will of course use frost palm. Btw. with soul burn dragonchar does not only 50k but much more, up to ~ 100k with blue buff.

Archived