Network Lag Starting Starting Yesterday 10/19

Yangorang

Did BnS change server location or something yesterday?  I am located in Phoenix, Arizona and on the Mushin server. Starting yesterday my in-game latency has just been terrible between 200-300ms.  Previously it held a stable 100-150ms.  Nothing has changed at all on my end, and I have confirmed via traffic analysis on my router that nothing else is hogging network resources.

I used to always ping 64.25.37.238:10100 to check my ping beforehand for the Mushin server but I noticed this no longer works either.  It's also worth noting that I have no lag issues whatsoever with any other game I play.

Wow, and I thought I was the only one.  Same situation, I'm from Phoenix, Arizona as well, and used to get 100-150ms (in game) and just playing it now, I'm at 200-300.  It was fine before maintenance yesterday, was doing all my dungeons with ease, and now I come home to this :/

What's the deal?  Any recommendations is much appreciated.

I checked at 7:30AM today and pin was perfectly fine - we'll see if this holds tonight.

Friggin BnS support is useless, they are telling you run dxdiag and end startup processes when this is clearly a network issue.  They don't even seem to read any of your responses.  We need to get the IP address to the Mushin server so we can check for packet loss and do a tracert.

Still experiencing issues.  I was joking around and downloaded a free trial of Pingzapper, and lo and behold that reduced the number down to what I was normally getting.  But I find it ridiculous because I shouldn't have to use it if I was already getting the same numbers before the recent maintenance.

Any update from NCsoft on this issue? It really does only seem to target players in Phoenix, Arizona. Not sure if it's only mushin/old man cho/ old man mushin? or the other servers too.  Seems to occur around 6:30pm - 12:30 am, not too precise with the time. 

@Lazy Bum - I'm on Gunma server group, so it's happening on there as well.  Didn't have time to mess with stuff this weekend.  I'm currently going to contact COX to possibly check wires and do some other checks since I think in general my internet might be f'd up.  Oddly enough I get the ping issue around that time as well.  I started to play summoner now during that time and then once 1AM comes up, I switch to my main lol ._.

47 minutes ago, dualistique said:

@Lazy Bum - I'm on Gunma server group, so it's happening on there as well.  Didn't have time to mess with stuff this weekend.  I'm currently going to contact COX to possibly check wires and do some other checks since I think in general my internet might be f'd up.  Oddly enough I get the ping issue around that time as well.  I started to play summoner now during that time and then once 1AM comes up, I switch to my main lol ._.

Yeah the ping issue seems to be always around that time frame. And it's not limited to just old man mushin is good info. Maybe it's just a Phoenix, AZ thing. (Is there anyone out there that has this ping issue at around 6pm ~ midnight where your ping basically doubles?)

5 hours ago, dualistique said:

I shall hopefully check as well.  Doubtful, but fingers crossed :).

Doesn't seem like it's fixed for me. Any luck on your guys end?

Edit: sometimes the ping drops back to normal before spiking back up.... Makes me think it might be a completely different issue. 

Unfortunately, I didn't have time to test it out.  It was working pretty well for me at 10:30PM and then around 11PM, I F8 into a Necro party and then ping spiked from 100ms to 300ms+.  But slowly after it went back to normal.  I played until 3:30AM and it was pretty stable with a few spikes to 150-160 which is manageable.

Is it fixed?  Can't say.  I have to play the game on different time periods to see.

9 hours ago, Jackiesaysya said:

i hope none of you are f8ing with those pings^

I wouldnt even login to the game without wtfast.

When this game's only way of obtaining moonstone without buying it off market is to do ssp or 6vs6 at those times ... well it's time to git gud and deal with the terrible ping. . 

I can check today as I was not able to check yesterday's due to real life. 

Edit: The issue is still present. -cries-

The issue does exist and I've been poking around with ping plotter and tracert to see what's going on. I'm not a network expert so I really have no clue what it's defining but I am seeing patterns. But the only things I can confirm is:

1.  This issue is happening during certain time periods. 

2.  This issue is solvable by using ping tools like WTFast, Pingzapper, etc. 

3.  I am being tunneled through  Level3 nodes causing a ping increase and various packet loss. 

4.  My connection before the Level3 hop is what is varying from 1ms to 30ms from different time periods. I'm not exactly sure if that's an ISP issue or Level3. 

So maybe they did move a server or got rid of a server which is now making us connect through different nodes for people in AZ. 

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't get to test out if I'm back to normal (will try after the Midnight Skypetal patch) but I've been using Pingzapper/WTFast trials for the past 2 weeks, and for once, it felt so comforting to just log on with them and not have a worry about high ping and I don't think I ever experienced a ping spike although I probably experienced 2-3 times when I got disconnected randomly.

I would try out the trials and see what you think.  It's a crappy solution to a problem that shoudn't exist, but unfortunately I ran out of solutions on my end.

I'll give WTFast a try....like you said it's a  crappy solution to a problem that shouldn't exist but this lag is just ridiculous.  It still happens for me usually from hours of about 7-10PM here in Phoenix, Arizona.  Game support refuses to even acknowledge there is a problem and they have you run useless crap like dxdiag instead.  It may have more to do with routing of packets to their server than the actual server itself but who knows.  Has NCSoft been banning people at all for using ping boosters?  Just seems like the only solution to even play this game properly.

Archived