Dark or Lightning paths

victor122

First off, what level are you? Until you're level 42, you can't even touch either build because Lightning Rod is a necessity for both.

Ultimately, Dark and Light are preferences, both have their ups and downs:

• Dark:
    • Relies heavily on 5x poison stacks, relies on critical hits.
    • Versatile and flexible build dealing damage and party utility out of stealth, and entering stealth for self-sustainability.
    • Has numerous ways of stacking poison, both in and out of stealth.
  • Light:
    • Relies heavily on stealth, relies on 5x poison stacks.
    • Purely stealth build, largely benefiting from movement speed, evasion and critical damage bonus from stealth stance.
    • Due to their over-reliance on stealth, they have very few ways of stacking poison, are in a bad position to use party utility, and their damage out of stealth is nearly nonexistent.

Both builds are also completely situational:

• Light is obviously better at soloing stuff without true sight; the reverse is true for Dark.
  • Certain bosses can outright cleanse and even make themselves immune to poison; Dark falls short when they don't have 5x poison stacks.
  • A lot, and I mean a lot, of bosses can outright remove stealth, and does not allow restealth; Light falls short when they don't have access to stealth.

If you are new like me, use lightning build. Just don't spec into lightning pierce, using lightning crash with shadow drain is good enough to solo quite a lot of things early in game. Stealth as much as you can. Recently I started experimenting with bombard, spec as much cc as you can. Seems to works very well too when early in game.

To level just max heart stab, shadow drain, and put points into any way you can get into stealth.  Then RMB/f everything, hit X or shadow drain when you need focus.  You can get to 50 without trying.

5 hours ago, victor122 said:

Thanks, guys:)... I'll try and find a level up build.  

• 3 weeks later...

I'd recommend you stick to Lightning build until you have HM LMB, RMB and Shadow Slash, because out of stealth you lose 30% crit damage which lightning offers as oppose to Dark build and this is the only way to match in damage.

Archived