Dragontongue REALLY SLOW on higher latencies

Jim Nightshade

Since the latest patch I'm feeling dragontongue animates way slower than before, and I can hit it LESS times than before in a single Lunar Slash (TAB). Is this intentional?

I looked for information on this but the only thing I found was a fresh reddit thread about the same thing.

Was kinda excited about it cuz we were getting a buff on the duration of "fire dragon/conflagration", but after playing a bit now it feels really clunky.

56 minutes ago, Vyary said:

Justice has been served. Kappa.

Probably an nerf because we got buffed version in first place.

Not exactly. The entire purpose of this was probably to allow people to reliably do 7 (6+1) dragontongues in a single lunar slash. While a scant minority are now able to do this simply by holding down right click, many of the people who were comfortable at 6 are now screwed down to only getting 4 or 5.

• 7 months later...

Bumping since it's still valid.

I think this issue should be addressed since a lot of the player base plays at 200+ ping, and it's something that severely hurts your dps potential and overall usefulness, specially in a tank class that needs to be doing reliable damage to keep the aggro. This is obviously way harder when you get 2-3 less dragontongues per tab, and I'm guessing about 4-5 less per X.

What bothers me most of this issue is that previously to the update on the skills dragontongue wasn't SO ping reliant as after it, so I know it IS possible for it to work better on higher latencies.

Yes before this update even playing at 300ms was still quite fun, now it's so pathetic . DPS wise it not that great  before but not too pathetic and aggo wise is was very easy to keep. now I only get 4 DT per tab now. PVE is no longer fun for me like how it was before and ruined PVE for me basically.

This game unlike other games who has fix on ping ingame never ever address the issue of ping but yet can do something like this making it worse to play at high ping.

Archived