I think NCSoft forgot to add more EXP for Cinderland story quests

Alysha Hawkeye

While you can go through Vidirian Coast, Moonwater Plains and Silverfrost Mountain just by doing story quests, Cinderland is unfortunately not blessed by this.

When you reach Cinderland, you will have to do side quests along with story quests, or grind mobs with EXP soup. If not you will likely get stuck before lv29, 33 and 36, which is the threshold to continue the story quests. This actually defeats the purpose of revamped story quests that give more exp, so that players can just skip blue quests and go straight to Lv50 with some HM level.

This kind of bottleneck is annoying, as I have completed Cinderland story, and now have to grind two more levels to reach lv36 to begin Moonwater Plains. After that, it's a straight path to lv50.

2 hours ago, Grimoir said:

cinderlands was always better to grind out the levels 26-33 with the EXP soup in the cave there which takes around  1.5h.

2 hours ago, Zedonia said:

I never faced an issue with exp during leveling but I have to say I did all 1 time quests. I think thats the reason these quests exist. Leveling only by doing the story quests would be a bad idea.

Before Story Quest's exp get boosts, in order to level up, you have to do pretty much all quests or grind with EXP soup. Count the Valor stone quests too, cause you need them for weapon upgrade and soul shields, which also gives nice EXP.

Now, they change that you can go straight from Moonwater Plains to lv50 HM4, just by doing story quests. However, the change is very inconsistent: You are bottlenecked in Cinderland and require a grind for it, while everything else go smoothly.

The blue quests might be fun to do once or twice, but then it's just another unnecessary grind with unrewarding rewards toward the real grind at lv50. Skipping the blue quests by boosting EXP of yellow quests is a good quality of life improvement, but there is a hiccup in excutating the idea, which is Cinderland area.

Just want to say that i'm always like 3 levels ahead when i leave viridian coast and if u do all the quest that gives like 1500 to 3000 exp in the cinderlands u can keep ur level ahead... is a fact. and the story quests on the cinderlands i believe that give more exp as well, less than moonwater story quests for sure but they give more exp... im not the type of player that enjoy grinding... i only do that in dreamdrift cause is easy and in 30 min u gain 3 or 4 levels so its worth

If you just want to skip everything and do as minimal as possible to get to silverfrost you are probably just being carried anyway. So even if you are underleveled in cinderlands it should not makes a difference. The dragonspire at tomb of exiles is quite active anyway.

Archived