Radical Idea

Ayane69

Dear Nc$oft  I know this may be a radical idea, but how about doing something to attract NEW players instead of nickle and dime-in the current player base.

Example To transfer a costume to another character (while this maybe "cheap" take the number of servers and the number of players who do that) is petty way to make cash for Nc$oft.

Aren't you raking in enough cash with all the Premium players and costume buyers ????

Appearance and name change are way over priced to the point of being Ludicrous.

Maybe a random bonus item perhaps to attract new players or heaven forbid ADVERTISING. Like more servers NO log in wait time,etc.

ON the topic of things to STOP, Quit making players run thru Blackram Narrows above the lvl 25. Some lvl 50's are speed running thru and the lower level players are getting flame broiled if they don't keep up and the "pay off" is a complete joke when you're Getting Cinderlands or above chests items.

Prestige points: Quit penalizing lower Rank faction members and rewarding higher level/rank members that wait to ambush a lowbie (changing channels sometimes doesn't always work) if a player suddenly vanishes, gee change channel and let the hunt begin unless there's 3 or more channels in area.

In short Nc$oft quit bleeding what little player base you have, try investing and increasing the player base AND lowering the HM store prices.

Actually....they do not earn any money from users who laready have premium, they only earn money from those who buy it.

Now for the rest of your points:

- Outfit stamps - the idea came from players themselves and they also said themselves they would be willing to pay for it. So its a player driven initiative and NCsoft implemented it according the wishes.

- Appearance and name change - I dont see them costing anything more as on other games, in fact they are even somewhat cheaper here. Plus the price is fine, prevents wannabe's from changing their name left and right.

- I dont know about you but a lot of websites i visit i see Blade and Soul advertisements. Lets also not forget last time they did something to draw players back (aka the "Welcome back" pack ) that had the nebula stones, caused the community to rage cause they were all jelleous.

- Blackram Narrows - With rng being rng but no one is forcing any of the players to stay in such a group, they can create their own parties or even ask someone for help (saw it already a few times). And the reward is more than perfectly adequate for a lvl 50 that just runs thru it in under 5 minutes.

-Faction Balance - thats an ongoing issue and will be an issue. Created mostly by players themselves and hard to resolve.

Store prices are in my opinion perfectly fine. Or would you rather pay 40-50$ for a costume like BDO? Not to mention premium users have discounts and there are a lot of "off priced" items there anyway, Plus you can buy items for hongmoon coins without spending real life money anyway.

that depends on the community, ive seen a lot of players wait fr lowbies, and ive seen alot of lowbies burn high lvl players, still if the guy going ahead is a dick it wont matter if the ones he burn are hm 15 or 25, but doubt NC has anything to do there

yeah some prices are way too high, ive been trying to change my hari style but dont want to pay a full appearance chage ticket for that

I started a threat about PP abd how they should be lost after dead, but nobody will listen, not even if their servers crash, the mobs are too op, or some asshat kills you after hours of farming hundreds of PP, NC just cares about the money therefor i doubt they'll lower the price on their hm store as long as ppl keep buying it

Just now, Torunder said:

that depends on the community, ive seen a lot of players wait fr lowbies, and ive seen alot of lowbies burn high lvl players, still if the guy going ahead is a dick it wont matter if the ones he burn are hm 15 or 25, but doubt NC has anything to do there

yeah some prices are way too high, ive been trying to change my hari style but dont want to pay a full appearance chage ticket for that

I started a threat about PP abd how they should be lost after dead, but nobody will listen, not even if their servers crash, the mobs are too op, or some asshat kills you after hours of farming hundreds of PP, NC just cares about the money therefor i doubt they'll lower the price on their hm store as long as ppl keep buying it

If you want to change only hairstyle then still "appearance change" is the item you will need, regardless how many details you change.

About the PP....guess what its an OWPVP area, anyone can kill you if they want to, thats the whole point of it. If you dont want to loose PP, run away or fight for it.

I dont see those mobs being too OP in any way tbh, given some are harder to kill but thats faar from being OP

Grimor could you add more salt to your tirade ? I'm not "trying to make the game fit ANY amount of time playing" so please get that point.

As far as being active, you seem judgemental that I'm either (1) not active to YOUR standards, or (2) you're clueless on how often/much I play.

Are SOME HM Store items unreasonable high priced ? Yes, not all of them though.

If a lvl 50 HM X gets their butt whipped by a much lower level, just goes to show that other players were carrying that person all along.

NOt all people play 8+ hours and NO I'm not saying they don't have a life so quit using that diversionary tactic to change the topic.

17 minutes ago, Ayane69 said:

Grimor could you add more salt to your tirade ? I'm not "trying to make the game fit ANY amount of time playing" so please get that point.

As far as being active, you seem judgemental that I'm either (1) not active to YOUR standards, or (2) you're clueless on how often/much I play.

Are SOME HM Store items unreasonable high priced ? Yes, not all of them though.

If a lvl 50 HM X gets their butt whipped by a much lower level, just goes to show that other players were carrying that person all along.

NOt all people play 8+ hours and NO I'm not saying they don't have a life so quit using that diversionary tactic to change the topic.

I think you are answering the wrong person here o.o think you meant to answer NightFer

On the high priced items tho: Dont forget those are luxury items, i see it this way: If you want something which is a luxury and not needed at all, you should pay for it. Please provide examples of items and why you think they are too high priced.

OP could you please explain what is the radical idea? All I see things that you say isn't good but there's no idea here.

Just as you said that NC doesn't really earn much with the stamps then think of it this way: the player doesn't lose much by mailing outfit with stamps. One stamp is mere 19 NCoins or Hongmoon Coins and you need 2-6 depending on the item. Doesn't sound unreasonably high for something that could've never been added to the game. Without the stamps each person would have to buy multiple outfits since you can get them only on one character in the old system. Though I agree that it is not appealing that for example dungeon dropped outfits aren't mailable or cannot be traded as some of them are close to impossible to get.

This is the downside part of toxic community but every once in a while there is nice guy who carries these lowbies through the dungeon and make it easier and faster to farm the weapon they need. In my opinion these are really good choices for low levels to get speed run through dungeons to get what they need. Or would you rather wait hours and hours in cross to get your weapon from these dungeons as there wouldn't be that many players running it anyway?

The game has strong OWPVP in it and that is how it was made to be. Sadly this doesn't really work in NA/EU as well players get enjoyment of other's misfortune. If not that then the other faction is pushed to the bottom where the other faction rules. Though your complain about prestige point doesn't make sense. That is about player killing another player. Prestige points are lost already if you change channel. I guess you are still at Misty Woods where high levels hunt low levels as the high levels aren't good at pvp and can't do anything else than hunt lower people for easy kills. It has always been issue and unfortunately I don't think this will change anyhow as the faction system is strong part of the game. Only thing you can do is change faction to the dominant one and avoid getting killed.

What comes to the prices of Hongmoon Store I do not agree. The price of the items are prefect just as they are as the prices are not too high and not too low. I am not sure if you think they are too high prices by being the one buying with Ncoins or Hongmoon coins but just know that not many games (at least those that I have played) have Currency Exchange system where you can trade your gold into cash shop currency. I would understand the prices being bit lower if there were no such thing as the Currency Exchange. As another note most of the items in Hongmoon Store could be seen as luxury items which do not affect game play anyhow so it is quite logical that they are bit pricey.

11 minutes ago, TaurusManUK said:

Too many white knights here, NCSoft must be smiling at such a free labour.

By all means i aint one. But i do believe the community is a bit "greedy", expects too much and frankly think is a bit spoiled by other games, and try to shove things that are from other games into this one.

4 minutes ago, Madarame said:

I only agree to one thing.

They gotta make everything possible to attract new players. But instead of that we`ll be having another "milk the cow" event.. Nicely done indeed.. 

Sooo increasing exp, lowering weapon costs and removing soulstone costs from Moonwater area craftings isn't done to attract new players?

Lowering weapons costs.. We`ll see how`ll this turn out to be.. Anyway that was just a drop in the ocean how about the actually important issues which are the shitty servers obviously bad optimized, the enormous lag spikes and constant dc`s? Most of my friends didnt quit cuz prices... They quited cuz of exactly the reason i just mentioned

10 minutes ago, Madarame said:

Lowering weapons costs.. We`ll see how`ll this turn out to be.. Anyway that was just a drop in the ocean how about the actually important issues which are the shitty servers obviously bad optimized, the enormous lag spikes and constant dc`s? Most of my friends didnt quit cuz prices... They quited cuz of exactly the reason i just mentioned

And let me guess they were one of those:

"my speedtest shows full speed, my connection is awesome its the shitty servers"

Well....9/10 times its actually the isp, and i bet they didnt even contact support for assistance they just raged and quit .

9 hours ago, Grimoir said:

If you want to change only hairstyle then still "appearance change" is the item you will need, regardless how many details you change.

About the PP....guess what its an OWPVP area, anyone can kill you if they want to, thats the whole point of it. If you dont want to loose PP, run away or fight for it.

I dont see those mobs being too OP in any way tbh, given some are harder to kill but thats faar from being OP

that entirely depends on the class and the server, pulling you witha  sin near a mane, stunning you and then you ebing able to defend as a fm in my case while you have spent 3 hrs to get 500 pp cus its too crowded shouldnt happen, its a waste of time and takes the fun away from it, specially if you need thos pp to get mats you dont want to buy, as i and a lot of ppl have already stated, you should have to pvp to get pve stuff

and yeah that the whoel point, i just said it, what i want is a nother ticket that is cheaper to change only my hairstyle instead of everything and having to pay 1k nc which i can use them for other stuff, after all i dont want to waste my money just cus i have it, taht would be stupid, i wanta  fair price for what i want

Archived