Gender change voucher and name change

Deniavan

I recently bought a gender change for my warlock. Was originally a male but is now female. Before the gender change, name was Jaìse. During the changing process, I noticed there was no way to change the name as well with the gender change. Due to this issue, I now have a female character with the name of Jaìse. I believe a gender change should come with a name change as well so you are able to change the name to match the gender swap. Having a female named Jaìse just isn't right and it honestly makes me almost not want to play that character. The only reason I still do play is because it's my highest level and most enjoyable character to play. Blade and Soul team, please, I ask that this get changed. Please make a gender change come with a name change as well so you can change the name to one that's appropriate for the gender. 

$15 for a gender change AND another $15 for a name change? That's ridiculous. A name change should be included so you can change it to the appropriate gender as well. Every other game I've played integrates them into one.

Why don't you just buy the name change voucher and change her name? NCsoft is only going to put both vouchers together and up the price anyway, so just  go buy it separately.

3 hours ago, Deniavan said:

I recently bought a gender change for my warlock. Was originally a male but is now female. Before the gender change, name was Jaìse. During the changing process, I noticed there was no way to change the name as well with the gender change. Due to this issue, I now have a female character with the name of Jaìse. I believe a gender change should come with a name change as well so you are able to change the name to match the gender swap. Having a female named Jaìse just isn't right and it honestly makes me almost not want to play that character. The only reason I still do play is because it's my highest level and most enjoyable character to play. Blade and Soul team, please, I ask that this get changed. Please make a gender change come with a name change as well so you can change the name to one that's appropriate for the gender. 

Is Jaise a very definitively a male name in your culture? Because the Urban dictionary actually says that "jaise' in English is used to describe a beautiful girl. So, the name in English is actually more appropriate for a female. 

On 7/31/2016 at 6:33 PM, DomiSotto said:

Is Jaise a very definitively a male name in your culture? Because the Urban dictionary actually says that "jaise' in English is used to describe a beautiful girl. So, the name in English is actually more appropriate for a female. 

I see what you're saying, and although the word itself may not be a male dominant name, however, for me the name comes from a form of "Jase" which is my fathers nickname as his name is Jason. He and I have both been using this name for other male characters on different games when "Jase" is already taken. 

Archived