Shadow Grasp S3T3

Torunder

The description of Shadow grasp is :

Triggers when Shadow grasp
Draws target in 5 times

Decresses movement speed by 80%

Blocks approach skills

Defense penetration Parry penetartion Movement speed down Pulls enemies Block Approach

I undestand that according to this description, all attempts to approach my character should be invalid while the target stays inside the area.

Yet i find every single player in pvp i face, immediately using approach skills, and landing them correctly. I have a few other characters which i solely lvled to know their skills and their descriptions, thats why i recognize as if it weren't that obvious that the skill they use are Approach skills.

Every single time they close the gap, then. What's the point in having that description if it wont work?
Either the description is wrong or the coding is.

On a side note: This is just like hm impact s1t5, where melee skills should be blocked and knocked back, yet destroyers and blade cancers parry it, dont get knocked back and on top of it stun me.

Some hot fixes need to be done asap imo.

Agreed, I do think these skills need some sort of reworking, especially Impact T1S5 , even tho the BD/Dest. spins hit me within .5 seconds after I cast impact, the damage impact does gets parried and I get stunned , but the skill doesn't counter the attack, this happens far too often and hence sometimes costing me a window of opportunity to damage or lose the match entirely. 

So, every time it pulls us, we get a debuff that prevent us from using 'Approach Skills', but we have some ways to 'counter' it.

Few examples :

BM SS remove slow, root, and 'Disable Approach Skill', while it puts us in a Resist state, so we cannot get pulled again for a short moment, we can still use a Charge skill, like 5PS. 

Destroyer have at least one (maybe more not sure), charge skill that can be specced so it's not affected by 'Charge Disables'.

EDIT : As for the FM Impact, DS and BD 'spin to win' make them immune to Stun, Daze, and Knockback.

On 1/8/2016 at 7:30 AM, Els said:

BM SS remove slow, root, and 'Disable Approach Skill', while it puts us in a Resist state, so we cannot get pulled again for a short moment, we can still use a Charge skill, like 5PS. 

i've seen that and think its fair, either and depending on the class, Q, E and SS seem legit forms to get out of it cause you make then burn one of their escapes, But what im refering is that i've faced players or more liek classes due to my experience at tower of infinity, specially kfm and destroyers that don't escape, they just right off the bat jump on you from 16 mts , which shouldnt happen, cause then why do we have a skill that is doesnt perform as intended, makes it useless, and for FMs that are at most danger in close range fights it makes us at a disadvantage.

Another point is that we got our freeze build nerfed god knows why, now every class can insta cc while we have to build stacks, which arent easy to fill due to this frost fury nerf, So summing it all, no fast froze plus impact not working as it should plus shadow grasp also not working as it should, makes me think if we will end not being able to pvp at all.

On 1/8/2016 at 7:30 AM, Els said:

EDIT : As for the FM Impact, DS and BD 'spin to win' make them immune to Stun, Daze, and Knockback.

please make it happen NC

@Torunder

I guess you missed one line of my message.
Destroyers Scorching Strike (the charge that knock you up) can be specced to make it IGNORE charge disables.
KFM got some skills that are charges and can be specced to remove charge disables, so I guess it make them usable when they have the charge disable debuff, otherwise it would not make much sense.

So, your skill works as intended, but there are ways to counter it.

42 minutes ago, Els said:

@Torunder

I guess you missed one line of my message.
Destroyers Scorching Strike (the charge that knock you up) can be specced to make it IGNORE charge disables.
KFM got some skills that are charges and can be specced to remove charge disables, so I guess it make them usable when they have the charge disable debuff, otherwise it would not make much sense.

So, your skill works as intended, but there are ways to counter it.

I read it, but doesn't matter cause what you don't get/know is that this approaches are used everytime with different skills. I think i can tell the difference between a jump and a charge (im hopefully not that stupid), and doubt they all have the same "ignore" effect, destroyers can actually spin their way out of it , so NO, it's not working as intended.

Archived